PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.9

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online, it took a 4 days to process, then a telephone interview followed from a Sr. Development Manager. Another telephone interview from two MTS followed next week, each for half hour

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, basic Java questions, database questions, technique questions based on projects I ve ever involved.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal.

First the PayPal recruiter contacted me and asked about salary expectations and clarified the role and what the hiring manager was looking for. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a full day interview in the PayPal office with several people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to solve an existing issue in PayPal which existing employees were unable to address   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview

accepted right away

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal.

Entire process took a week. Scheduled a phone interview that involved solving a problem programmatically on collabedit.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be thorough in Data Structures and Algorithms.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

behavioural type of interview, speed test , computer literacy

no, they have the salary set

Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

The interview process moved surprisingly fast (3 weeks total time) for a company of that size. The people where great, the HR very well organised. First round of phone interviews was with HR, then with the hiring manager, then with a colleague and then the round of in-person 1-1 interview was with the hiring manager and then with 5 people in the team in one day. In addition they requested 5 reference to fill out a survey.

Interview Questions
    • What is your knowledge of Hadoop? How does is to compare with SQL? When to use SQL vs Non-SQL?   Answer Question

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

One phone interview, one in person interview

upfront

User Experience Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

I was referred to our university's recruiter for PayPal and sent her my resume and cover letter. She then contacted me for an interview, which I had with a design director. The interview was very casual, where he informed about the work of PayPal and where they are as a company. I then moved onto a second round interview with another design director, who told me more about the company and how it is a great place to work. I was then contacted by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of teams have you worked in and what was your role in those teams?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

I had 5 phone interviews and didn't make it to the face to face. It was down to me and 2 other candidates, I was told in my last phone screen that I made it through to the next round by the hiring manager himself. 3 weeks later I got a declination letter.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

phone interview, followed by onsite, Total 6 interview each slotted for 30 mins. Mostly Java coding questions. SQL questions, and Linux question.