PayPal

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.9

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Interview process took 2 months, went positively till end and final process got delayed and finally got automated mail saying that position got closed. This happened couple of times, they will post for a requirement , they will take the interview and after some time they use to close that position , saying some reasons .

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Initial application process is online requiring your basic information and job history. Then there is a follow-up phone interview, which is mostly just going over the job description and gauging your interest. Then an in-person interview at the worksite. They have a little packet of questions that they run through with you as well as some online tests for typing and Internet Explorer skills to gauge how you handle technology.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest decision you had to make at your previous job, explain?   View Answer

Java Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

First got a phone interview, the interviewer introduced the company and his team at the beginning. This process lasted about 15 minutes. Then I was asked to introduce myself and paraphrase the projects.

Interview Questions
    • Be asked about basic OS concepts, Java concepts, and the difference between Java and C++   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PayPal.

It is typically a few rounds that one has to clear before the offer. The hiring and interview process is great. This is a very good company to work for and has opportunities to grow and some very good projects to work on

Interview Questions
    Normal as on would expect

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

AWF-1st I had phone interview for 30 minutes. Then an in-person interview with 5 people,one at a time. Agency said they wanted to hire me and said it paid $28 hr. I pushed and got $30 an hour. After 6 months I got $32.50 an hour. Still AWF and they are not allowed to renew a contract AWF after 1 year. They can convert you to a perm employee but that requires a lot of work on managers part. Best to stay a year then look for something else. They will string you along and tell you they are converting you while they are not. They will stall while they interview new AWFs behind your back. You're a number not a person in this place. Use them for the experience then move on.

Interview Questions
    You negotiate with your agency not PayPal.

Executive Escalations Senior Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal.

Rather than interviewing candidates for the position you are selected by the desired career path. All you have to do is indicate you are interested in the position, and wait for a tap on the shoulder for an internship.

Position is not negotiable but the offer was fair

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

I applied online 7/7, received invite to do online assessments 7/8, received a call from the recruiter 7/11 asking. She asked about my availability, and explained, in depth, the details of the position, and she asked when would be a good time to interview. Since I was out of town on family business, I told her 7/18. I ended up having two interviews. They were both really relaxed. The focus of the first was on job history, and learning more about the position/training etc. After that interview was over, the recruiter said she'd recommend me for an interview with a hiring manager, and gave me a heads up of what to expect. (Answer questions with an exact example, let your personality show, be confident) When the second interviewer came to get me from the waiting area, she was very welcoming and I immediately felt at ease. The interview was more of a conversation. They seem like they really want you to succeed, it wasn't the typical straight-faced interviewer, but real people with emotions! This was yesterday (Friday), so I am waiting to hear back from them next week once my background check comes back. Good luck!

Update: GOT THE CALL!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were tempted to break the rules?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were unable to resolve a customer's complaint, what did you do, what was the outcome?   View Answer
    • What did you dislike about this employer?   View Answer
    Offered option of two shifts, one with a differential.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

I applied for the position on 6/15..received the email for 2 computer test on 6/16 called on 6/23 by recruiter for interview on 6/26..got my conditional offer on 7/1 pending my background check and received my official offer 7/2!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about PayPal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. What did you do? What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question
    Pretty easy negotiation. Had a choice on 2 shift bids.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

Someone gave me a call one day. I didn't apply, so I guess it was a recruiter. I answered all there questions, and they never called me back. They never gave me an email, and when I called to ask, they told me, "tough luck."

Interview Questions
    • 1. Verbal test:
      a) What's the difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder
      b) What's the diff between a linkedList and arrayList? When would you use each?
      2. Language Quiz -Strings
      e)c.equals d
      f) c==e
      g)c.equals e

3. Code time!!!
      program a method that returns an inOrder Arraylist of the nodes in a tree
      public ArrayList<Integer> inOrder(Node root);

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in July 2014.

Contacted through LinkedIn, scheduled a phone screening interview. Went well, reviewed resume, background, design decisions, career goals - fun chat with very experienced engineer. Got thumbs up next day.

Later provided with a coding challenge and about 1 week to complete - very open ended, combined lots of tools I used in the past but had to learn a few new ones. Had fun with it and implemented extra features.

Onsite scheduled shortly after, 5 interviewers at 45 minutes each, 4 from the team I would work with and 1 from another team. First few interviewers asked questions about specific language features such as scoping, terminology, limits, but I was expecting questions specific to the coding challenge - as I was told the challenge was meant to 'guide the interviews'. The last two interviewers reviewed my code and were on point with their questions - allowing me to demonstrate my experience well and in an organic way.

Did not get the position, but overall had a good experience. Disappointed I could not demonstrate my full value due to the way the interviews were structured.

Interview Questions
    • Here is code intentionally convoluted with many layers deep of function calls - determine variable values at different points in the programs life.   Answer Question