PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Took about 6 weeks from start to finish. Extremely slow process. Very strange recruiting process. Several interviews with several team leads, one can't make any kind if decision. No drug testing, but do background check. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• The management has come up with a set criteria of questions. Very archaic and not optimal to the diversity of sales reps.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal (Hunt Valley, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

HR interview was smooth and pleasant. Hiring managers were pleasant, but 2nd interviewer seemed to go into the interview with his mind already made up not to hire me based on my previous interview experience. Both interviews were of the behavioral style, there seemed to be on retrospect more emphasis on employees that fit in to the culture rather than employees who would be good performers, with a proven track record of such.

Interview Questions

• Second hiring manager interviewer was concerned about my working several part-time and contract positions at one time, without understanding that none of these jobs were capable of providing a full-time salary on their own. I understand that can seem like disloyalty, but in this day and age that is how you survive and pay your bills on time while building up experience and work history in the shortest time possible.

All of my jobs knew about the other jobs I held down, managers were understanding as they could not offer full time work, and quite unexpected that it would be counted as a negative against me to be ambitious and fiscally responsible. I had given up other jobs when my current job was going full-time, but that didn't seem to matter.

Answer Question

Remediation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

I was endorsed by a staffing solutions firm. A day after the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with one of the team leader. A few hours after the phone interview my recruiter called and scheduled me for an in-person interview in the next two days. On the day of the interview, I met my recruiter at the location who then introduced me to another team leader. The team leader escorted me and we then proceeded with the interview process. I was interviewed by 4 staffs from various teams consecutively in 3 hours. There was also a short written test to measure one's proficiency in SQL scripting and debugging of nested joins and Select queries. The interviewers were personable, astute, and quite passionate about their work. One can tell from their questions that this position was urgent and vital to their operations. They were courteous in answering my questions and even thank me for taking time to apply for this position. Their kind gesture and professionalism made this interview process a humbling and unforgettable experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the items in the written exam were "What Does This Code Do?" type formats. While they were not difficult, several of them were time-consuming especially those that included data manipulation languages with nested joins integrated into the scripts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation with the staffing agency was not problematic. The recruiter was honest and upfront and willing to work and explore to arrive at amicable terms.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Ebay&Paypal came to our university to hire intern. Got a short written test, about several simple tech questions and brain tease. After one hour, we were asked to take several short interviews. Three tech round, first with a engineer, second with a project manager, third with a group manager. Nothing special, no code writing. Just ask some basic questions about OS, Database, Network and something about your CV. After one month, I got the offer.

Interview

The initial interview was a 45 minute phone screen by hiring manager. A week later, a Human Resource associate coordinated a full day on campus interview for the following week. The on campus interview consisted of six 45 minute interviews with team members and business partners at different levels. Lunch with more junior team members was part of the agenda.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PayPal (Hunt Valley, MD).

Interview

I applied online, received an email the same day from the recruiter going over the position and asking me if I this was something I was interested in to give her a call. Did a brief phone interview the next day she gave me good advice on what to do at the actually interview and what the person interviewing me would be looking for. Had the interview two days later with a supervisor. Asked very basic situational questions, just try to be confident and be energetic and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to break a rule or wanted to break a rule   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult goal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I talked to an ebay recruiter on a career fair, they accepted my resume. 3 days later I accepted an email from a software engineer manager, schedule a phone screen next week. The process takes a little more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about data structure. Lots of unexpected questions about databases, which I did not prepare. Questions include: inheritance, reference, mutex, deadlocks.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic coding questions, and some simple design questions. Focusses mainly on simple whiteboard questions and how well you know some data structures. Not difficult and if you are a decent coder you should be able to crack this

Head of Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PayPal in October 2014.

Interview

I Met with 3 people via video conference, all were very helpful and we had a great discussion. Great energy from everyone I talked with during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions. was told to come in for an interview, so I did. they said that they would call me, never did. just sent me the computer generated email to let me know. so I keep applying and I am contacted via email and told to give this person a call regarding a position. I call him an email him multiple times, he never did get back to me. I had called a member of the requisition team and she said that I should have never gotten an interview and that it was an error. So I asked what I could improve on and she said to stay at my current job for a year. so I re-applied as soon as I could. got the assessment sent to me, did it, an went in for an interview. I was interviewed by the same lady. she said that she already knew all my stuff and that she was going to present me really well at the team meeting at four, by the way my interview was at 10 am. I was done with the interview by 1030 and when I got home 1115 I had received the same computer generated email saying I didn't get the position.. I call about it and was told that I would be called back that day. I called the hiring manager again and was told that the email was an error and that I wasn't selected. I then asked what I could improve on for future references. she said she couldn't tell me. I cannot believe that such a well respected company would treat a prospective employee that way.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions, they just ask a lot of open ended questions.   Answer Question