PayPal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Products Interview

Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Products
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process moved surprisingly fast (3 weeks total time) for a company of that size. The people where great, the HR very well organised. First round of phone interviews was with HR, then with the hiring manager, then with a colleague and then the round of in-person 1-1 interview was with the hiring manager and then with 5 people in the team in one day. In addition they requested 5 reference to fill out a survey.

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of Hadoop? How does is to compare with SQL? When to use SQL vs Non-SQL?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

Interviewed at PayPal

Interview Details – I applied online, it took a 4 days to process, then a telephone interview followed from a Sr. Development Manager. Another telephone interview from two MTS followed next week, each for half hour

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, basic Java questions, database questions, technique questions based on projects I ve ever involved.   Answer Question

Associate Risk Manager Interview

Associate Risk Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews + onsite interview with 7.

Mostly case interview focused on P&L and analytics. The interviewers are very nice, and it was obvious that the company got big plans. For all 3 rounds, I got responses back within 2 days, as they had promised. Very professional overall.

Interview Question – Why payments?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PayPal.

Interview Details – First the PayPal recruiter contacted me and asked about salary expectations and clarified the role and what the hiring manager was looking for. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a full day interview in the PayPal office with several people.

Interview Question – Explain how to solve an existing issue in PayPal which existing employees were unable to address   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring via an external consultant.
Initial phone screening with the hiring manager
5 rounds on the same day - onsite interviews
Very fast response and offer
negotiation was also simple
offer was accepted

Interview Question – Very payment specific questions about how credit card processing works
customer experience - use case was provided
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – fast and furious

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in October 2010.

Interview Details – very consensus driven culture

Negotiation Details – accepted right away

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PayPal.

Interview Details – Entire process took a week. Scheduled a phone interview that involved solving a problem programmatically on collabedit.

Interview Question – Need to be thorough in Data Structures and Algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Interview Details – In-order traversal of a BST, (without using recursion)

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got contacted by recruiter on linkedin, and then had a phone interview with someone in Paypal labs, in which I did not do so well. A few days later, I was invited for on-site in San Jose. The interview started at 11am, and finishes at 2:30pm. They asked me mostly practical questions related to the position, which I found difficult. Also asked about multithread, processes in Unix. Eventually, I got a rejection email in just two days.

Interview Question – How to implement strncpy in C?
How to check memory in Unix?
  Answer Question