PayPal

Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

The process was smooth from the beginning to end, recruiter always keep you informed on what is next. They seem to be busy and lots have to be done so they are actively interviewing and trying to get more people on board. interview consist of phone screening, take home exam and then onsite with 5-6 people including lunch. Overall very positive experience, you get to meet technical staff there and exchange ideas regarding technical problems/questions

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

I had applied awhile back and the interview process was completely different than now. Recentley a employee refered me and i had responded with them via email never over the phone. It was a little frustrating not being able to talk over the phone, but they were very nice. A little un organized because after doing some online tests i was to wait for a reply back, but kept getting at least 4 different emails from different people stating i needed to do the online tests even though i had completed them before. Again i couldnt contact them via phone because it was strictly email. this did get cleared up about 3 weeks later

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

The process takes forever. There are multiple rounds and every in person round involved 5-6 45min interview. I went into PayPal two times and met 10-12 people before getting an offer. I interviewed from 11:00am - 5pm without lunch being served.

HR was slow to get back to me and you have to chase them down to know you are in the process. They enjoy burning a candidate out.

Interview Questions

The offer given was lower than what I was making.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

I had a friend at the company who referred me for the role - that definitely helped.

The interview process was straightforward, fair, and fast. I had a screening interview with HR, then an interview with someone who would be a peer about a week later, then about 3 weeks after that an onsite full day (6 hours) of interviews with the hiring manager, VP, and several stakeholders that would be at/above my level.

I was communicated with the following day in each case about next steps. The interviews were all challenging but fair. I liked everyone I met and felt they wanted to hear my opinion and get to know me better. Overall a great process.

Interview Questions
    • Business case about getting into a new market and how would I make the go/no go decision.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied online, it took a 4 days to process, then a telephone interview followed from a Sr. Development Manager. Another telephone interview from two MTS followed next week, each for half hour

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, basic Java questions, database questions, technique questions based on projects I ve ever involved.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal.

First the PayPal recruiter contacted me and asked about salary expectations and clarified the role and what the hiring manager was looking for. Then there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then had a full day interview in the PayPal office with several people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to solve an existing issue in PayPal which existing employees were unable to address   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview

accepted right away

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal.

Entire process took a week. Scheduled a phone interview that involved solving a problem programmatically on collabedit.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be thorough in Data Structures and Algorithms.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

behavioural type of interview, speed test , computer literacy

no, they have the salary set

Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

The interview process moved surprisingly fast (3 weeks total time) for a company of that size. The people where great, the HR very well organised. First round of phone interviews was with HR, then with the hiring manager, then with a colleague and then the round of in-person 1-1 interview was with the hiring manager and then with 5 people in the team in one day. In addition they requested 5 reference to fill out a survey.

Interview Questions
    • What is your knowledge of Hadoop? How does is to compare with SQL? When to use SQL vs Non-SQL?   Answer Question