PayPal

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.9

Senior Manager, Growth Marketing Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

The interview process moved surprisingly fast (3 weeks total time) for a company of that size. The people where great, the HR very well organised. First round of phone interviews was with HR, then with the hiring manager, then with a colleague and then the round of in-person 1-1 interview was with the hiring manager and then with 5 people in the team in one day. In addition they requested 5 reference to fill out a survey.

Interview Questions
    • What is your knowledge of Hadoop? How does is to compare with SQL? When to use SQL vs Non-SQL?   Answer Question

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

One phone interview, one in person interview

upfront

User Experience Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

I was referred to our university's recruiter for PayPal and sent her my resume and cover letter. She then contacted me for an interview, which I had with a design director. The interview was very casual, where he informed about the work of PayPal and where they are as a company. I then moved onto a second round interview with another design director, who told me more about the company and how it is a great place to work. I was then contacted by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of teams have you worked in and what was your role in those teams?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in March 2014.

I had 5 phone interviews and didn't make it to the face to face. It was down to me and 2 other candidates, I was told in my last phone screen that I made it through to the next round by the hiring manager himself. 3 weeks later I got a declination letter.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

phone interview, followed by onsite, Total 6 interview each slotted for 30 mins. Mostly Java coding questions. SQL questions, and Linux question.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

In-order traversal of a BST, (without using recursion)

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Initially contacted by the manager. Had a small conversation with the manager and then initial technical phone interview. Basic java questions were asked.
    The second round was 6 interviews 45 mins each. Questions mainly focused on core java concepts, design pattern and web services. Also, at Paypal, they give importance for enthusiasm and interests shown by the candidate.

Interview Questions
    Asked more and got what I asked.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Got contacted by recruiter on linkedin, and then had a phone interview with someone in Paypal labs, in which I did not do so well. A few days later, I was invited for on-site in San Jose. The interview started at 11am, and finishes at 2:30pm. They asked me mostly practical questions related to the position, which I found difficult. Also asked about multithread, processes in Unix. Eventually, I got a rejection email in just two days.

Interview Questions
    • How to implement strncpy in C?
      How to check memory in Unix?
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

A quick introduction phone interview followed by a technical phone screen the following week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficulty was understanding the interviewer whose native language is not english. Also, their appeared to be a volume gate on the interviewer's speaker phone so that if the interviewer did not speak up enough, it would sound muffled and not understandable.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

The process started more then a month ago. I've had 4 phone call, between the HR staff, hiring manager internal recruiters...

Interview Questions
    • Here's the problem the questions were not difficult, just so basic and uncomplicated "Design for me a web application". I can do that in a "Hello World" socket connection. Now what do you what it to do? ....or I can design a Web Application that does it all...   Answer Question