PayPal Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.7

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for multiple positions. was told to come in for an interview, so I did. they said that they would call me, never did. just sent me the computer generated email to let me know. so I keep applying and I am contacted via email and told to give this person a call regarding a position. I call him an email him multiple times, he never did get back to me. I had called a member of the requisition team and she said that I should have never gotten an interview and that it was an error. So I asked what I could improve on and she said to stay at my current job for a year. so I re-applied as soon as I could. got the assessment sent to me, did it, an went in for an interview. I was interviewed by the same lady. she said that she already knew all my stuff and that she was going to present me really well at the team meeting at four, by the way my interview was at 10 am. I was done with the interview by 1030 and when I got home 1115 I had received the same computer generated email saying I didn't get the position.. I call about it and was told that I would be called back that day. I called the hiring manager again and was told that the email was an error and that I wasn't selected. I then asked what I could improve on for future references. she said she couldn't tell me. I cannot believe that such a well respected company would treat a prospective employee that way.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions, they just ask a lot of open ended questions.   Answer Question

Fraud Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial application process is online requiring your basic information and job history. Then there is a follow-up phone interview, which is mostly just going over the job description and gauging your interest. Then an in-person interview at the worksite. They have a little packet of questions that they run through with you as well as some online tests for typing and Internet Explorer skills to gauge how you handle technology.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest decision you had to make at your previous job, explain?   1 Answer

Bill Me Later Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online at Ebay.careers for the position in Chanlder AZ, shortly after ( 1-2 days) i got an email from Ebay to take an assessment test, which consisted of general stuff that you would be doing at the job. My advice is to look real close to make sure you read the question correctly. Also at the end of the test it has a 25wpm so make sure you can type. After that about 1 week passed and i got a call from a recruiter to talk about my resume and if i would have to put a 2 weeks notice in at my previous job, also if i would be able to dedicate 90 days to work. I then agreed to everything and he set me up an interview. So i went in for my interview and got asked very basic HR questions so my advice again is to read up on basic HR questions they also ask you about you previous employers and what your likes and dislikes are. My suggestion is to focus on the positive things you got out of your previous employers and don't tell em allllll about the bad, because that never looks good. So after all of this i was then asked to place a seat on the couch. I then was taken on a tour of the building (which is super cool by the way) then after was sat down for my second interview right away. Again it was basic HR questions so it was a fairly laid back easy interview.
    On a side note of things i suggest
    Know Paypals background you will get asked "what do you know about Paypal"
    Know yourself
    and speak with confidence, confidence is key to your success and your career!
    Good luck if you're about to take on this journey!

Interview Questions

• "What happened at a previous job where you got tempted to do something that would break they companies rules, did you do it? and if so why? or why not"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything i took what I got, which was plenty to ask for.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied awhile back and the interview process was completely different than now. Recentley a employee refered me and i had responded with them via email never over the phone. It was a little frustrating not being able to talk over the phone, but they were very nice. A little un organized because after doing some online tests i was to wait for a reply back, but kept getting at least 4 different emails from different people stating i needed to do the online tests even though i had completed them before. Again i couldnt contact them via phone because it was strictly email. this did get cleared up about 3 weeks later

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at PayPal (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Direct face to face interview, review of skills, general collaboration questions in gauging team interactions and personality fitting. Impressed with smart people that work at Paypal and they asked smart questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to responding to situations. One was a way to help speed up serer responses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, the rate was for contract and agreed upon prior to interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Interview 1: Over the phone approximately 10 minutes in length.
    Interview 2: In person, 30 minutes in length. Skills test.
    Interview 3: Same day as #2 but with new interviewee, 20 minutes.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

The gentleman I interviewed was visibly grumpy while I was bubbly. He made it short and I could tell he was not going to offer me a position. He asked me what I was going to school for and I told him it was Cyber Security, to which he responded they do not have any positions like that for PayPal and I would not be a fit. The one question in my mind was "What do you mean you don't have Cyber Security? You're an online financial institution..." Without further words the interview was over and I went home. A few days later I received a call from the recruiting team, apologizing for the managers behavior and decision. They asked me to come back because the did have positions for my education and had no idea why the manager said that they did not. I came back and the interviewers were very pleasant and the interview was great. I ended up declining their offer in choice of DriveTime, as DriveTime offered a more pleasant environment and the people did not act as though they were at the bottom of the total pole as opposed to a team all together.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to school for?   1 Answer

I chose an offer with a company more suited to my personal beliefs and interests

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

You submit a profile and you first have a phone interview and if selected you have to go in and take a test on your knowledge with customer service how to navigate internet explorer and a typing test and right after you have a face to face interview. Two supervisors from the position you are applying for come into a room and begin asking you basic interview questions and after it was about two days before I received an answer.

Interview Questions

• What was one innovation you created at your previous job?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Just had a phone discussion with the recruiter

Merchant Risk Ops Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

I can't remember off the top of my head when I applied for the merchant risk ops analyst at Pay Pal.
    I received a call from the Recruiter and asked when I could do a phone interview. Later, I received an email confirming a phone interview ( which was 30-45 minutes) on the spot he asked me to come in for a group interview I would say a week later I got an email confirming the interviews which was at 8am. The interviews to me went GREAT ( granted a few of them weren't even awake yet and just stepping in the office.) All of the 6 people I interviewed with ( 3 were supervisors) they all said everything thing I did with my previous company was exactly what they did in this one, 4 of the 6 even stated my resume was unique because of this. After the interview while still in the building I finished an assessment given information and asked weather or not i'd continue to extend credit based off the facts given. I went through the background check, and they asked for 5 references to fill out surveys. I had one last phone interview with a gentleman in San Jose which was the reason I didn't get the job, that conversation I knew when I hung up the phone did not go well... just the questions that he asked would make anyone stump and stumble ( I asked random friends and colleagues and they too were shocked.)

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding out how many windows were in New York City? ( this is without using Google)   1 Answer
    • How does the internet work?   1 Answer
    • what is a FICO score?   1 Answer
    • Have you traveled outside of the country/where do you desire to go?   1 Answer