PayPal Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PayPal in September 2014.

Applied for multiple positions. was told to come in for an interview, so I did. they said that they would call me, never did. just sent me the computer generated email to let me know. so I keep applying and I am contacted via email and told to give this person a call regarding a position. I call him an email him multiple times, he never did get back to me. I had called a member of the requisition team and she said that I should have never gotten an interview and that it was an error. So I asked what I could improve on and she said to stay at my current job for a year. so I re-applied as soon as I could. got the assessment sent to me, did it, an went in for an interview. I was interviewed by the same lady. she said that she already knew all my stuff and that she was going to present me really well at the team meeting at four, by the way my interview was at 10 am. I was done with the interview by 1030 and when I got home 1115 I had received the same computer generated email saying I didn't get the position.. I call about it and was told that I would be called back that day. I called the hiring manager again and was told that the email was an error and that I wasn't selected. I then asked what I could improve on for future references. she said she couldn't tell me. I cannot believe that such a well respected company would treat a prospective employee that way.

Interview Questions
    • Usual questions, they just ask a lot of open ended questions.   Answer Question

Bill Me Later Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in June 2014.

Applied online at Ebay.careers for the position in Chanlder AZ, shortly after ( 1-2 days) i got an email from Ebay to take an assessment test, which consisted of general stuff that you would be doing at the job. My advice is to look real close to make sure you read the question correctly. Also at the end of the test it has a 25wpm so make sure you can type. After that about 1 week passed and i got a call from a recruiter to talk about my resume and if i would have to put a 2 weeks notice in at my previous job, also if i would be able to dedicate 90 days to work. I then agreed to everything and he set me up an interview. So i went in for my interview and got asked very basic HR questions so my advice again is to read up on basic HR questions they also ask you about you previous employers and what your likes and dislikes are. My suggestion is to focus on the positive things you got out of your previous employers and don't tell em allllll about the bad, because that never looks good. So after all of this i was then asked to place a seat on the couch. I then was taken on a tour of the building (which is super cool by the way) then after was sat down for my second interview right away. Again it was basic HR questions so it was a fairly laid back easy interview.
    On a side note of things i suggest
    Know Paypals background you will get asked "what do you know about Paypal"
    Know yourself
    and speak with confidence, confidence is key to your success and your career!
    Good luck if you're about to take on this journey!

Interview Questions
    • "What happened at a previous job where you got tempted to do something that would break they companies rules, did you do it? and if so why? or why not"   View Answer
    I did not negotiate anything i took what I got, which was plenty to ask for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in May 2014.

I had applied awhile back and the interview process was completely different than now. Recentley a employee refered me and i had responded with them via email never over the phone. It was a little frustrating not being able to talk over the phone, but they were very nice. A little un organized because after doing some online tests i was to wait for a reply back, but kept getting at least 4 different emails from different people stating i needed to do the online tests even though i had completed them before. Again i couldnt contact them via phone because it was strictly email. this did get cleared up about 3 weeks later

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal.

Interview 1: Over the phone approximately 10 minutes in length.
    Interview 2: In person, 30 minutes in length. Skills test.
    Interview 3: Same day as #2 but with new interviewee, 20 minutes.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PayPal in March 2013.

Just had a phone discussion with the recruiter

Merchant Risk Ops Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in December 2011.

I can't remember off the top of my head when I applied for the merchant risk ops analyst at Pay Pal.
    I received a call from the Recruiter and asked when I could do a phone interview. Later, I received an email confirming a phone interview ( which was 30-45 minutes) on the spot he asked me to come in for a group interview I would say a week later I got an email confirming the interviews which was at 8am. The interviews to me went GREAT ( granted a few of them weren't even awake yet and just stepping in the office.) All of the 6 people I interviewed with ( 3 were supervisors) they all said everything thing I did with my previous company was exactly what they did in this one, 4 of the 6 even stated my resume was unique because of this. After the interview while still in the building I finished an assessment given information and asked weather or not i'd continue to extend credit based off the facts given. I went through the background check, and they asked for 5 references to fill out surveys. I had one last phone interview with a gentleman in San Jose which was the reason I didn't get the job, that conversation I knew when I hung up the phone did not go well... just the questions that he asked would make anyone stump and stumble ( I asked random friends and colleagues and they too were shocked.)

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about finding out how many windows were in New York City? ( this is without using Google)   View Answer
    • How does the internet work?   View Answer
    • what is a FICO score?   View Answer
    • Have you traveled outside of the country/where do you desire to go?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PayPal in November 2011.

Phone interview is first, if you pass then you will be emailed info to take a skills assessment, if you pass skills assesment you will be contacted for in-person interview within a week. Very quick hiring process. Very efficient and always on the ball letting you know what is needed to get application approved.5 references are required and contacted which could be dificult if you haven't had much work experience

Customer Solution Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PayPal in October 2011.

It was very fast. I was referred by an employee there and got an email to setup an interview the next night. The interview was one on one with a manager after taking a serious of proficiency tests on typing / internet explorer / word processing. The interviewer was very easy to talk to and the process went very smooth. One of my more comfortable interviews of my career.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard but the one that stood out was "What was my proudest moment in my last customer service job".   View Answer
    Because of my previous experience, my offer was better than they would give an entry level Agent, so I refrained from negotiating salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PayPal in May 2011.

I applied online for Paypal and the next day a recruiter emailed me. I filled out the questionaire and sent it back. The next day a recruiter called me and did a phone interview. I was then invited in for an in-person interview and skills test. I passed the tests and interview. I was then sent the background check information. I submitted everything back immediately. I never heard another word until I contacted the recruiter who said there was a problem verifying my education. I contacted the background company and got everything straightened out. I then called the recruiter back who advised that they would have someone contact me and now it's been two weeks and never heard one word back!

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a situation when you dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PayPal in April 2011.

Applied online & a acquaintance informed HR of my interest in the company. HR recruiter called me for a telephone interview. She informed me of quite a bit of information which was exiting to hear and a 1:1 interview was scheduled. This interview included a skills test to test your computer knowledge as well as speed, which I passed. The 1:1 interview was with a different HR Sr. Recruiter who pretty much had not coordinated with the intiital telephone interviewer. He pretty much contradicted everything positive I had heard from my telephone interview.

Interview Questions

This company was very new the the Valley and the Sr. Recruiter left a a negative feeling about the company in general, using statements such as "they were just trying to fill seats". As exctied as I was about the opportunity to meet with the Hiring Manager I said NO thank you. I saw no opportunity for career growth and declined the final offer.