PayPal Product Manager Interview Questions

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PayPal in December 2013.

I did not fully go through interview process but, had an experience that I thought is worth sharing as there are no other platforms to share unprofessional practices of company recruiters. A recruiter who claimed that he handles 3-4 BUs within Paypal reached out to me on LinkedIn on his own. After playing phone tag a few times finally he talked to me and did a bit of selling and asked me to send him the questionnaire that he will send. Though I did not apply, I did find the opportunity he mentioned interesting and thought of giving it a shot. I spent several hours over a weekend answering a questionnaire that had questions best suited for a verbal discussion. Several weeks passed and no response from the recruiter even after following up a few times. I would think a recruiter working for a corporation hiring senior roles would have the basic professionalism to close the loop by responding, atleast as a response to a follow-up email if not voluntarily. That is the basic courtesy one can show to fellow professionals. Believe me, at the level he is trying to hire no one will be heart broken to hear that things did not workout or is not going to move forward. Such a thorough unprofessionalism. Companies who care about their hiring process should fire such recruiters who chase employees with over the top enthusiasm and when they find that things are not going to move forward, just drop the ball and move on to their next thing.

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Product Manager Interview

Questions on customer experience and improvements.

Product Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PayPal in September 2009.

I was an internal transfer from eBay to PayPal. I reached out to the HM and had interview with 3 group members. I was told I got positive feedback from everyone. However, at the beginning, they choose some other PayPal folks. A month later, when I touched base with HM, they had another opening. They hire me straight without further interviews.

Interview Questions
    it's hard to negotiate once you are an internal employee.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PayPal in December 2012.

I had an interview with the Recruiter. She was late 30 minutes and I called her to follow up. She was annoyed and rude so much. She wanted to reject me in 3 seconds because she forgot to review my resume ahead of time. It's kind of weird that she has an accent and commented on my accent. So, I thought that It was not appropriate for an interview. After 15 minutes of interview, I could smell the process and the recruiter. They were all terrible. I also have some friends who work there and some have left the company. I never consider this company in the future.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. Just the attitude of the recruiter was so weird.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PayPal in May 2012.

The recruiter was unprofessional and disorgnized. She scheduled the interview but did not put on her calendar. I waited for 20 minutes before I called her. She was surprised but had to handle the phone call. On the phone, her voice was kind of angry and lost her temper quickly as she had to handle a phone interview without much preparation. It's very interesting that she tried to find many reasons on my resume to match with the job description ( at that time!!). She could not finger out how many years I have worked for the position. She skimmed my resume and posted questions back and tried to find a reason to reject me on the phone (this is the most unprofessional and unacceptable in a big company like PayPal). She counted how many months i have worked for the position. If that had been the case, I would not have invited to the intervie, but. I smelled something wrong after 15 seconds of the interview. Overall, I think that was a bad recruiter that I have met in the big company. I think Google handles interview process much more professional that i went through many rounds. The recruiter has to record answers and questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in September 2008.

Was referred by past employee. Initial HR phone interview was followed by hiring manager phone interview, on-site one-on-one interviews with 6 different team members and another 5 or 6 phone interviews with other employees. Interviews usually had a mix of behavioral questions and use-case specific questions that required specific experience in the subject area, which I had. (I ultimately had to drop out of the application process because a move to CA was no longer possible.)

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PayPal in December 2009.

Got connected to a manager in PayPal, was able to roll a coffee meeting into an interview for a position they had open. Had a series of 4 45-minute interviews about my background (mostly work experience and classes in MBA) and my views on China, the Chinese consumer, PayPal's product line and their competitors. Ultimately the question of hiring me came down to language ability in Mandarin (or lack thereof), commitment to staying long-term in Shanghai (over 3 years), and compensation expectations (willingness to take less than I would get in the US).

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the trust gaps between the US and China? It was asked by someone Chinese so it had to be delicate.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PayPal.

it was a phone interview with a manager that I used to assist

Interview Questions
    they offered me 4500SGD and I nego 5000, it took them a week to consider before saying yes...

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PayPal in December 2009.

I had an internal movement

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in November 2011.

Very straight forward interview process if you come in via a referral. This may be different depending on the department.

First, I got a phone call from HR asking me some basic background questions and scheduling prefernces for the on-site interview. This included a short phone interview.

When i flew on site I was booked a a great hotel and I was interviewed in a 1 on 1 setting by 4 managers/directors who asked basic questions about my experience and some hypothetical situations.
    The interviewers were friendly and gave me a lot of information about the company and their experience in addition to asking questions. The culture does seem to differ greatly by team especially given the big diversity of nationalities among the teams and interviewers.

Within a week I was told I would be getting an offer and just had to wait for the background check.

Within another week that was all completed and we negotiated my salary.

I started 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • How do you balance product delivery with long term strategic vision   Answer Question
    Remember to consider all avenues of compensation when negotiating. Stock, salary, sign-on bonus, relocation, etc...

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!