PayPal

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Interview Details – A quick introduction phone interview followed by a technical phone screen the following week.

Interview Question – The most difficulty was understanding the interviewer whose native language is not english. Also, their appeared to be a volume gate on the interviewer's speaker phone so that if the interviewer did not speak up enough, it would sound muffled and not understandable.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process started more then a month ago. I've had 4 phone call, between the HR staff, hiring manager internal recruiters...

Interview Question – Here's the problem the questions were not difficult, just so basic and uncomplicated "Design for me a web application". I can do that in a "Hello World" socket connection. Now what do you what it to do? ....or I can design a Web Application that does it all...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PayPal.

Interview Details – I was hired 4 years back, now the process is changed and it is usually a all day interview here in Baltimore. Expect a few coding questions, but very basic. I have not seen folks asking question on Algorithms or Data structures implementation much.

Interview Question – I was asked some sql questions back then, which I was not prepared for but somehow made it :).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I got a good offer.

Interviewed at PayPal

Interview Details – there were 4 interviews, very arrogant set of people. It appeared if they are from spaceship. I wanted to leave their premises after first 15 mins, mentioned that I not keeping well and left their office.
HORRIBLE and ARROGANT

Interview Question – they had lot question about binary tree... but interviewer even didnot know dynamic_cast syntax and fundamental   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PayPal in May 2010.

Interview Details – Bad Experience, very not organized, I was waiting for 15 mins on one engineer, because he was later, and then pushed me for speed up since he lost so much time. The other one was complaining that hr called him to come for interview while he was still sleeping this morning, and told me that this put him in a very bad mood.

How you feel if you will work with this team?

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PayPal in March 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview first for 30 minutes. After a day, got onsite interview invitation scheduled next week. Meet 7 people, 30 minutes each. Met two managers, one staff engineer, two senior engineers, two junior engineers.

Personaly opinion, the interview was orgnized poorly. some people doesn't show up on time and some people running late.

Interview Question – linux command, how to count how many lines in a doc   View Answer

Reason for Declining – the salary they offered can't justify my move from my current company

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PayPal in June 2013.

Interview Details – They need QA's with complete JAVA knowledge.

Interview Question – How can I will be good in JAVA as a tester?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PayPal in August 2011.

Interview Details – Did 3 rounds. Two technical and one HR

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator system? Specify how you would handle cases to make the usage efficient.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer and this job needed me to move to Chennai.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PayPal in June 2012.

Interview Details – It's a phone interview then followed by an on-site interview with the lunch(Paypal paid my lunch). The team members are very nice and smart. They asked me lots of detailed technical questions in a wide range, from front end javascript to back end core Java questions. The hiring manager asked some general behavior questions. Although I did not get the job, I felt I was treated well and fair.

Interview Question – CSS 3 questions were unexpected. But it seems nowdays CSS3 and HTML 5 are very common interview topics.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PayPal

Interview Details – 1 round of telephone interview, 2-3 rounds of Skype interview. Focusing on technical problem solving, basic algorithm and data structure, database design, like the SQL query testing.

Interview Question – SQL query in the interview...   Answer Question

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!