PayPal Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

A quick introduction phone interview followed by a technical phone screen the following week.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficulty was understanding the interviewer whose native language is not english. Also, their appeared to be a volume gate on the interviewer's speaker phone so that if the interviewer did not speak up enough, it would sound muffled and not understandable.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

The process started more then a month ago. I've had 4 phone call, between the HR staff, hiring manager internal recruiters...

Interview Questions
    • Here's the problem the questions were not difficult, just so basic and uncomplicated "Design for me a web application". I can do that in a "Hello World" socket connection. Now what do you what it to do? ....or I can design a Web Application that does it all...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PayPal.

I was hired 4 years back, now the process is changed and it is usually a all day interview here in Baltimore. Expect a few coding questions, but very basic. I have not seen folks asking question on Algorithms or Data structures implementation much.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some sql questions back then, which I was not prepared for but somehow made it :).   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I got a good offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

there were 4 interviews, very arrogant set of people. It appeared if they are from spaceship. I wanted to leave their premises after first 15 mins, mentioned that I not keeping well and left their office.
    HORRIBLE and ARROGANT

Interview Questions
    • they had lot question about binary tree... but interviewer even didnot know dynamic_cast syntax and fundamental   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PayPal in May 2010.

Bad Experience, very not organized, I was waiting for 15 mins on one engineer, because he was later, and then pushed me for speed up since he lost so much time. The other one was complaining that hr called him to come for interview while he was still sleeping this morning, and told me that this put him in a very bad mood.

How you feel if you will work with this team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PayPal in March 2010.

Got a phone interview first for 30 minutes. After a day, got onsite interview invitation scheduled next week. Meet 7 people, 30 minutes each. Met two managers, one staff engineer, two senior engineers, two junior engineers.

Personaly opinion, the interview was orgnized poorly. some people doesn't show up on time and some people running late.

Interview Questions
    • linux command, how to count how many lines in a doc   View Answer

the salary they offered can't justify my move from my current company

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PayPal in February 2014.

I was contacted by one of their recruiter after they found my resume in an onilne job portal. There was an onilne test. After clearing that, a f2f interview was scheduled. I reported there on time but had to wait for 40 minutes since no interviewer was available.
    The interviewer seemed to have just woken up and in a very bad mood. He asked me some very generic questions and problem and didn't seem to listen to what I was saying at all. Then he game me a couple of generic common problems to solve using Java. He just stated generic statements instead of specifying the requirements e.g. solve the n queen problem. I asked him about the particulars and any constraints but he said assume whatever you want. I wrote the programs but he just glanced at them for a few seconds. He was mostly interested in whatever was in his laptop screen rather than my answers. After about an hour, he said he was done with the interviews and if I had any questions. I wanted to know about the work their team do and turns out it was just simply calculating duties and taxes of various countries depending on their rules and currency ! After that, I was told to wait in the reception. I had to wait more than hour and then the HR came and said they will contact me later with the feedback.

Overall, they just wasted half of my day and certainly didn't expect this from such a reputed company.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to find the second largest number in a tree.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at PayPal in June 2013.

They need QA's with complete JAVA knowledge.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PayPal in August 2011.

Did 3 rounds. Two technical and one HR

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator system? Specify how you would handle cases to make the usage efficient.   Answer Question

Had another offer and this job needed me to move to Chennai.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PayPal in June 2012.

It's a phone interview then followed by an on-site interview with the lunch(Paypal paid my lunch). The team members are very nice and smart. They asked me lots of detailed technical questions in a wide range, from front end javascript to back end core Java questions. The hiring manager asked some general behavior questions. Although I did not get the job, I felt I was treated well and fair.

Interview Questions
    • CSS 3 questions were unexpected. But it seems nowdays CSS3 and HTML 5 are very common interview topics.   Answer Question

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!