PayPal

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PayPal in May 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview: ask concept of class, inner join, overload, override

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PayPal in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter to set up the technical phone call interview. The interviewer was the coolest guy I've ever been interviewed by. He asked me only on the current project I'm working on because the position is very specific to it. It went really good, and two business days later I got a mail from the recruiter saying that they'll be offering me the position.

Interview Question – Unexpected was that I wasn't asked any typical 'Interview' question. It was mainly on the specific project I've worked on, which pretty much tells everything I know that could help them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – eBay is the one of the highest paying company to their interns. :P You don't have to negotiate. So consider yourself lucky if you get into eBay. :)

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PayPal.

Interview Details – Got a screening phone call involving coding, followed by onsite interview.
Most question at onsite were on data structures, and algorithms. And one question on designing why interface are needed for the design of the system.

Interview Question – None were tough, just know basic data structure.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PayPal in May 2012.

Interview Details – First Round - Phone Interview
Second Round - Skype Interview by 3 ppl
Third Round - Project Manager

Interview Question – Read nodes at each level BST
Diff interface and abstract
any sql query
what are web services
how to decrease latency for web service
Diff between distributed and parallel computing
Diff between stringbuffer and string
Design Pattern Factory and singleton
How will you convert sorted array in BST
Finding deadlock in code
what is CSS
what is Dom
final, finalize and finally
design classes for bookstore
How will you start a project
java.util ??
stream classses in java
jdbc
Difference between java and c++
Hashmaps
Linked List
How will you merge two sorted array ?
Virtual table in C++
  Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PayPal in March 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of 4 rounds for 3 hrs. Each interviewer asked different type of questions like programming puzzles, write code samples. But interviewers seem they are not interested in the interview

Interview Question – n= 20
for (i=0;i<n; i--)
   print i

the question was to change or replace a only one character in for loop to print 20 times.
  View Answers (5)

Interviews for Top Jobs at PayPal

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PayPal Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by PayPal employees and interview candidates.