PayPal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PayPal in March 2010.

Interview Details – An PayPal employee submitted my resume. I got a phone call from PayPal recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called for the phone interview, it lasted about 40 minutes. At the end of the phone interview we both felt that we should go to the next step, onsite interview. The next week I went onsite interview as scheduled, it last 5 hours. The next day a PayPal recruiter contacted me by email and telling me that they would love to discuss the next step with me. Then I spoke to the recruiter on the phone, I was told that they really would like me to join PayPal and so we discussed about compensation. The next day we started the background checking process. After 3 more business days I received the official offer in a package. I signed the offer letter and mailed back to PayPal HR. My start date is the monday two weeks after. They only let people start on Mondays.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I only asked for a small amount on top of what I was offered. I heard that it depends on how much you want the job and how good they feel about you during the onsite interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at PayPal

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PayPal Staff Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by PayPal employees and interview candidates.