PayPal Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

An PayPal employee submitted my resume. I got a phone call from PayPal recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called for the phone interview, it lasted about 40 minutes. At the end of the phone interview we both felt that we should go to the next step, onsite interview. The next week I went onsite interview as scheduled, it last 5 hours. The next day a PayPal recruiter contacted me by email and telling me that they would love to discuss the next step with me. Then I spoke to the recruiter on the phone, I was told that they really would like me to join PayPal and so we discussed about compensation. The next day we started the background checking process. After 3 more business days I received the official offer in a package. I signed the offer letter and mailed back to PayPal HR. My start date is the monday two weeks after. They only let people start on Mondays.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only asked for a small amount on top of what I was offered. I heard that it depends on how much you want the job and how good they feel about you during the onsite interview.