Paychex

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marlton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. They made me take a test and I had to meet with them 5 times (3 different managers). Once I was offered the position, they sent me, along with a few other new-hires, away to Rochester, NY for University of Paychex school. It was a 2-week process and what none of the hiring managers told me was that if I didn't do well at the school I would not have a job to come home to. Thankfully, I passed with flying colors, but talk about pressure!! Overall I did not like the product (boring!) or process of sale they beat into you, so I left and went to another company.

Interview Question – How do you handle a question from a current or prospective client where you simply don't know the answer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Uncapped commissions, car allowance, decent base + good benefits. I was pleased with the offer.

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – was contacted by a recruiter, had to interview a few times, take a test very detailed process

Interview Question – What unique skills can I bring to position   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter who was very personable and pleasant to talk to. After the standard screening call, I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Upon the conclusion of this call, she stated that I had made a good impression with her and instructed to take a 90 minute skills and personality assessment. Then I was contacted by the recruiter a few days later to inform me that the results of the assessment were favorable and they wished to bring me in for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager and her counterpart. This is were it all went South in short order.

I drove an hour to their office and was basically asked the same questions by the hiring manager's counterpart that I had been asked on the phone interview with the hiring manager. The "point" of this inane, thoughtless exercise, was simply to get another opinion. The hiring manager has been with the organization for 18 years and needed another eye to make a hiring decision? If these managers can't make their own hiring decisions, I'm not sure what, if any decisions they actually do make within the organization. to make their own decisions or she The hiring manager sat there, hardly uttering a word as I was asked to walk him through my resume - the 3rd time I had to do this and he shared with me some of the results from my assessment. Midway through the interview, I knew that working under either of them would not be an appealing prospect, but I tried to be courteous and professional while letting the process play out, although I was annoyed that they made me drive out there only to rehash what had previously been discussed. The worst of it is that after assuring me that I would receive some sort of feedback within a week regarding their decision, I never heard a word from them or the recruiter. Needless to say, I was dismayed by the complete lack of professionalism these individuals exemplified in their recruitment process.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Henrietta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paychex in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview questions are read off a list and they go through them 1 by 1 to see how you would answer them. I interviewed with two people (one man and one woman). Very uptight at their office in Henrietta, NY.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced adversity   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I think that place would be miserable to work at.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!

Paychex Videos

Paychex – Why Work for Us?

Paychex, Inc. is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paychex Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paychex employees and interview candidates.