Paychex Account Executive Interview Questions

3.3

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter, had to interview a few times, take a test very detailed process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in January 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter who was very personable and pleasant to talk to. After the standard screening call, I was set up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Upon the conclusion of this call, she stated that I had made a good impression with her and instructed to take a 90 minute skills and personality assessment. Then I was contacted by the recruiter a few days later to inform me that the results of the assessment were favorable and they wished to bring me in for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager and her counterpart. This is were it all went South in short order. I drove an hour to their office and was basically asked the same questions by the hiring manager's counterpart that I had been asked on the phone interview with the hiring manager. The "point" of this inane, thoughtless exercise, was simply to get another opinion. The hiring manager has been with the organization for 18 years and needed another eye to make a hiring decision? If these managers can't make their own hiring decisions, I'm not sure what, if any decisions they actually do make within the organization. to make their own decisions or she The hiring manager sat there, hardly uttering a word as I was asked to walk him through my resume - the 3rd time I had to do this and he shared with me some of the results from my assessment. Midway through the interview, I knew that working under either of them would not be an appealing prospect, but I tried to be courteous and professional while letting the process play out, although I was annoyed that they made me drive out there only to rehash what had previously been discussed. The worst of it is that after assuring me that I would receive some sort of feedback within a week regarding their decision, I never heard a word from them or the recruiter. Needless to say, I was dismayed by the complete lack of professionalism these individuals exemplified in their recruitment process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Marlton, NJ) in September 2009.

Interview

Very long interview process. They made me take a test and I had to meet with them 5 times (3 different managers). Once I was offered the position, they sent me, along with a few other new-hires, away to Rochester, NY for University of Paychex school. It was a 2-week process and what none of the hiring managers told me was that if I didn't do well at the school I would not have a job to come home to. Thankfully, I passed with flying colors, but talk about pressure!! Overall I did not like the product (boring!) or process of sale they beat into you, so I left and went to another company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a question from a current or prospective client where you simply don't know the answer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Uncapped commissions, car allowance, decent base + good benefits. I was pleased with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paychex (Henrietta, NY) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview questions are read off a list and they go through them 1 by 1 to see how you would answer them. I interviewed with two people (one man and one woman). Very uptight at their office in Henrietta, NY.

Interview Questions

I think that place would be miserable to work at.