Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Paychex
- Sales Representative (68)
- Payroll Specialist (56)
- Core Sales Representative (13)
- Sales Consultant (12)
- Client Service Representative (10)
- OUTSIDE SALES (6)
- Outside Sales Representative (5)
- National Sales Support (5)
- Human Resources Generalist (5)
- Major Market Sales (5)
- Account Specialist (4)
- Account Executive (4)
- HRS Sales Representative (4)
- Customer Service Representative (3)
- District Sales Manager (3)
- Outside Sales Consultant (3)
- Payroll Sales Consultant (2)
- Territory Ready Representative (2)
- 401K Sales Representative (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Senior Sales Representative (2)
- Recruiter (2)
- Administrative Assistant I (2)
- HRG (1)
- Human Resources Sales Representative (1)
- Implementation Specialist (1)
- Senior Client Service Representative (1)
- IT Project Manager (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Software Developer II (1)
Account Specialist Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Paychex (Irving, TX) in August 2010.
I met the operations manager at a career fair. He seemed interested in me after reviewing my resume and said they would be in contact. I got a call from the recruiter (whom I also met at the fair) the next day to schedule the interview later that week. I interviewed with two supervisors first. Apparently the ops manager wanted me for an administrative assistant (even though I had work history that made me overqualified for admin asst) and once they spoke to me for 5 minutes they left the room and one came back about 5 minutes later and said that she had no idea why he would want me for the admin position instead of the account specialist position. She went and got two other supervisors (that supervised the AS position) and i interviewed for about 20 minutes with them. Once I got through that interview, I took a math test and a personality test. After, I interviewed with the operations manager. This was all in the same day so the interview process was very quick. It was a pretty formal interview with pretty typical interview questions. I received a call the next day informing me I got the job. I went in the next day for paperwork and negotiation.
- The math test freaks people out sometimes. Don't worry about finishing it. Almost no one ever does and it is basic math. Not calculus! Answer Question
I negotiated for more and they would not budge on the starting amount. They said I would get a raise at 3 months (which they no longer do now) and a raise at a year. I would also get a raise when I reached senior level account specialist which can be attained at a year or a little after (although some people it takes way longer). I ended up getting all three raises (3%, 5%, 5%).
Other Interview Reviews for Paychex
Account Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paychex (Audubon, PA) in August 2010.
Already working as Client Service Rep. Interviews with an AS supervisor and the Hub Manager
- "Describe a time where a process failed and you fixed it." 1 Answer
No negotiation. I was the top candidate but they couldn't budget the job so I had to wait 18 months til another Account Specialist left.
Account Specialist InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (Birmingham, AL) in March 2010.
Phone Interview first with initial questions. Then was required to take skills and personality test. Once that was done, I had a face to face interview where they asked more probing questions about what I was looking for. Before the face to face the woman from the phone interview basically prepped me for the interview and told me to answer certain questions a certain way. It seemed to me that the face to face was simply to see if you can do a one close sale of yourself.
- Can you handle a one close sale and move on to the next sale job? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
It's simply a sale and leave job and I wanted something more akin to account management.
Account Specialist InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex in March 2010.
After completing a phone interview, I interviewed with a manager within the division. He was very laid back and made the interview feel like a normal conversation. By the time we ended our conversation he felt that I was over qualified for the position and would attempt to fine a more suitable position for me at the company. I left feeling very good about the interview. However, after being told I would hear back either way in two weeks I heard nothing. i placed a call after two weeks and no one returned my message.
- If you could be doing anything today what would it be? Answer Question