Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 Months long, 36K base plus commision, a lot of cold calling paired with wear and tear on your car. I did a ton of research on this position and seems like a great opportunity for someone out of school, but was offered a job with a base of 65k so I had to pass as it seems this position was very turn and burn which didn't fit me.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your all the way back from high school. How much do you want to make?   1 Answer

Core Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone screening, followed by a personality/skills assessment, then a ride-along with a current rep, and wrapped up with two-to-three in person interviews with district managers and higher. The interview process is lengthy and average in terms of difficulty. It is critical that you display confidence, charisma, and speak clearly during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Sales Representative for Paychex?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is rather lengthy about at least 3-4 weeks. I was contacted by an outside recruiter who screened me then put me in touch with an in-house recruiter who screened me again. She put me through a personality/skills assessment that takes an 1 hour and 45 minutes. We spoke a second time about my background. I then interviewed with district sales manger. Second interview would be with another equivalent sales manager and then regional head of sales. They are very upfront and clear about the overall process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make? What was your W2 for prior year? Where do your see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex (Auburn, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position months ago and forgot all about it. I received and email from a recruiter and completed a on the phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to complete a math assessment test online. Two days later the recruiter called to set up an in person interview at their Auburn, Me office. The Interview consisted of two payroll Specialist supervisors who had a load of questions from a packet. The later that same day I was asked to do another in person interview two days from that date.. That interview consisted the branch manager and another supervisor. Then the next day I was offered the job pending a background check and drug test. The people were very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are behavior base, ex: Can recall a time you had to solve a problem? Tell me about a time you showed integrity?   Answer Question

Insurance Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I thought the interview process was exhausting and thorough. I interviewed with 5 different people. It took at least two weeks to hear back after each interview. I did one phone interview and four in person interviews. After the interviews I did a one hour job shadow. I thought I had the job in the bag, but they told me they went with an internal candidate after I went through two months of interviews. It really disappointed me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Paychex website and was called by a recruiter out of Albuquerque. Great guy asked a lot of questions regarding experience, resume and behavioral questions. I also took the online assessment and passed. The recruiter informed me he would email local Phoenix office for an interview and was definitely giving me an excellent referral. Two weeks later never heard back. Emailed the recruiter... his response oops I will email them and I will have a manager contact you right away. Got an interview within 1 week. I was interviewed for both jobs at the same time by two people. One lady who took notes and said barely nothing and the other main interviewer lady who asked questions..resume, experience, situations etc. I was then Informed by main interviewer she would decide what position in the company I should be in due to so much experience & being in the corporate world and my interview was excellent.., . I said Ok thats great. I felt good. Days later I saw more jobs ads up on Paychex website in Phoenix and thought hmmm.. well which one are they interested in me for since interviewer stated wow so much experience and this interview was excellent we will get back with you. I called the recruiter out of Albuquerque and got voice mail left message to inform him my interview went well and I had questions about jobs at Paychex. Well guess what within not even 10 minutes I received a email saying we are not interested in you at all to work at Paychex. Whats this all about. Talk about a head game.. I"m disappointed. OH well. I left a major corporation due to reduction nationwide in force after 20+ years of an excellent employment. Very unprofessional experience.. Not just because I did not get the job. DONT GO THERE IN PHOENIX!!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in finance, working with a difficult situation. Dealing with customers.. the basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Boston, MA).

Interview

Given a phone Interview first then asked to come in for face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Had several meetings with hiring manager and zone manager. Asked to do a mock sales call and presentation during the last interview. Went on a Rep field ride.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give base and explain commission structure.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter, she asked alot of questions about my experiences. I had to take an online assessment, they give you 1 hour and 45 mins to complete it. Then she set me up with a face to face interview with a District Sales Manager. The interview with the District Sales Manager was basically behavioral questions. She questioned me "'why" alot. The recruiter called me to follow up the next day. I told her that I did not get a great understanding about the company and the product. She basically had no answer for me and wasn't too sure herself. She told me I should contact the manager and see if she could give me more details. Basically, this experience was not good for me. As a company looking to hire a sales representative, they did a bad job at selling the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a dificult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Referred by current employee, applied online, quick 10-15 minute phone interview with company recruiter, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with Zone Manager and district sales manager

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex (South Jordan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 step process. Phone interview with recruiter, online assessment, interview with manager who would be your boss, ride along with a current sales rep and final interview with regional manager.