Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Insurance Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I thought the interview process was exhausting and thorough. I interviewed with 5 different people. It took at least two weeks to hear back after each interview. I did one phone interview and four in person interviews. After the interviews I did a one hour job shadow. I thought I had the job in the bag, but they told me they went with an internal candidate after I went through two months of interviews. It really disappointed me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Paychex website and was called by a recruiter out of Albuquerque. Great guy asked a lot of questions regarding experience, resume and behavioral questions. I also took the online assessment and passed. The recruiter informed me he would email local Phoenix office for an interview and was definitely giving me an excellent referral. Two weeks later never heard back. Emailed the recruiter... his response oops I will email them and I will have a manager contact you right away. Got an interview within 1 week. I was interviewed for both jobs at the same time by two people. One lady who took notes and said barely nothing and the other main interviewer lady who asked questions..resume, experience, situations etc. I was then Informed by main interviewer she would decide what position in the company I should be in due to so much experience & being in the corporate world and my interview was excellent.., . I said Ok thats great. I felt good. Days later I saw more jobs ads up on Paychex website in Phoenix and thought hmmm.. well which one are they interested in me for since interviewer stated wow so much experience and this interview was excellent we will get back with you. I called the recruiter out of Albuquerque and got voice mail left message to inform him my interview went well and I had questions about jobs at Paychex. Well guess what within not even 10 minutes I received a email saying we are not interested in you at all to work at Paychex. Whats this all about. Talk about a head game.. I"m disappointed. OH well. I left a major corporation due to reduction nationwide in force after 20+ years of an excellent employment. Very unprofessional experience.. Not just because I did not get the job. DONT GO THERE IN PHOENIX!!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in finance, working with a difficult situation. Dealing with customers.. the basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Boston, MA).

Interview

Given a phone Interview first then asked to come in for face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Had several meetings with hiring manager and zone manager. Asked to do a mock sales call and presentation during the last interview. Went on a Rep field ride.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give base and explain commission structure.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter, she asked alot of questions about my experiences. I had to take an online assessment, they give you 1 hour and 45 mins to complete it. Then she set me up with a face to face interview with a District Sales Manager. The interview with the District Sales Manager was basically behavioral questions. She questioned me "'why" alot. The recruiter called me to follow up the next day. I told her that I did not get a great understanding about the company and the product. She basically had no answer for me and wasn't too sure herself. She told me I should contact the manager and see if she could give me more details. Basically, this experience was not good for me. As a company looking to hire a sales representative, they did a bad job at selling the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a dificult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Referred by current employee, applied online, quick 10-15 minute phone interview with company recruiter, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with Zone Manager and district sales manager

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex (South Jordan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 step process. Phone interview with recruiter, online assessment, interview with manager who would be your boss, ride along with a current sales rep and final interview with regional manager.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After initial phone screen with a recruiter, I interviewed with 4 supervisors in a roundtable setting, each taking turns asking me experience based questions with follow up questions. After this interview, the panel submitted their impressions to upper management for review.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to give a client what they asked for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I initially interviewed via phone with a recruiter in the New York office. After that I had 3 more interviews most of which took nearly 2 hours each. There was consistently at least a week in between each interview and I typically heard back after the date that I was told to expect follow ups. The interviews all seemed to go well and I felt like I had developed a rapport with the hiring manager. Nearly 2 weeks after my last interview I received an automated email rejection. I am fine with not receiving an offer but I was very disappointed that after such an in depth interview process that I did not receive a call or direct correspondence from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were situation and very in depth.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in April 2015.

Interview

Friend referred me, I recieved an email notifying me that my resume had been recieved. Next email was an assessment, a few days later I recieved a third email stating I was no longer considered for the position.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paychex (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I took the online assessment and received a call back from the recruiter to schedule a telephone interview almost immediately. She then scheduled my interview with the management team in the Nashville office. I had my job offer within 2 days pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in Paychex?   1 Answer