Paychex

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paychex.

Started with a simple written test, eventually a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the district sales manager. Salary offered was very competitive for entry level sales job and the training program is extensive.

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation where you have provided outstanding customer service and why did the customer feel that way?   Answer Question

Customer Service - Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Paychex in February 2015.

I applied online through Indeed.com. Heard back and received a link for an assessment. I took the assessment and received a call the next morning. Scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was a resume overview and a brief behavioral interview. After the phone interview I was called by the manager of the local office to schedule an in office interview for the next day. The interview was the manager and I and it was an extensive interview of behavioral questions (a packet). She described the job description and the training process. Still waiting to hear back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? Describe a situation where you had to adapt to change quickly.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paychex in February 2015.

I had an interview with 3 District Managers for an Outside Sales Representative position. No one showed up for 30 minutes. The girl at the front desk was very unprofessional, stuffing her face while answer phones and etc. Later I was told that all 3 managers needed to be at a meeting and someone was to inform me. Very unprofessional and very unorganized.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

2 or 3 phone interviews and a live interview with my sales manager. Math test, personality test, and background check, all the info was on the careers page on the website. It's very clear!

Interview Questions
    • How much business did you write per month? How do you get your leads or business?   View Answer
    I didn't try negotiations because I wanted the job so much! They were flexible to my prior engagement on start dates.

MMS Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in January 2015.

I was already an employee with Paychex and would assume that my experience was different than an outside hire. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. I took an online sales assessment which basically asked personality based questions and asked you to analyze graphs and charts. Keep in mind the way to answer these questions is with a "client first" point of view. There are no wrong answers here they just want to see if you are aggressive. After the test, I had a phone interview with the DSM. This was candid and informal for the most part. Next is a ride along with a rep in your area. This should be considered important because the recruiter will call the rep you are riding with to ask their opinion. Be outgoing and friendly and ask lots of questions. Last is an interview with the zone manager. This interview is much more formal and they will ask details about the position and the company so be sure to do your research. This is a lengthy process and you will need to do all of the follow up with the recruiter. They want to see that you are passionate and aggressive so call weekly for updates. This process will take at least a month to complete. Most people they hire into MMS have Paychex experience along with sales experience. Relocation is huge with this company. If you are willing to move out of your comfort zone they will be more willing to give you a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? How do you handle rejection? What if you fail?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Many interviews and many weeks of waiting, although it was worth it. The field ride was very informative. The interview was comfortable and made me want to work here.

Sales Representative Interview

Through interview process that was about my background in outsides sales. It was very professional and candid. They asked many questions that had me explain situations I have been in as a sales representative.

Payroll Specialist Interview

4 interviews a bit excessive for the job. Initial phone interview with the recruiter, interview at branch with supervisor then another one with the branch manager. The last one you shadow someone followed by another q/a with the supervisor and branch manager

401K Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

I have seen a lot of comments about recruiters not responding and what not. If you are applying for a sales job with Paychex you need to show some proactive behavior and resiliency. After all, this is sales, you can't give up after one rejection. I will admit that the process got a touch annoying at times but if you are confident in your abilities, you will be fine.

I had three interviews before I was offered a position. The interview questions were pretty standard but make sure you are prepared to discuss numbers/goals/future goals. Be goal oriented, tell them how you have achieved recent goals and overcame tough situations. Most importantly, sell yourself. The interviewers I had during this process were with some of the most savvy sales managers I have ever interviewed with. Bottom line, they can see through BS. My main piece of advice is to prepare for each interview and no matter how much you think they like you, stay prepared.

Also, keep in mind that as much as you need to be a fit for Paychex, they need to be a fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. What do you see as your main challenge in this position?   View Answer
    Salary is not negotiable. Territory may be negotiable but I'm not sure. My opinion is that you need to show your worth your first year and then you can negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

I am over two weeks and three interviews for a sales rep job. So far I have really liked everyone that I have spoken to and I am excited to hopefully keep moving forward. The biggest problem for me is how long it is taking. I understand taking their time and the multiple interviews, however it can be hard to get a reply and I do not know if I passed an assessment that I took last week.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about sales experience, personality, problem solving.   Answer Question