Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

Implentation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

first a phone interview lthat lasted five minutes. Then a sit down interview and personality test that lasted about an hour.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online – interviewed at Paychex.

Very unprofessional interview with local sales manager. When I was told first thing that they were looking for "diversity' in the workplace I knew there were issues. Worst interview of all time and the Omaha branch has a nutcase as a manager!

Billing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paychex.

one -on- one with manager, then upper manager all in same day

Interview Questions
    • they talk to you like an idiot because they don't want smart people so they can pay you so poorly.   Answer Question
    sadly - I accepted the job, with them not negotiating. My bad since 1 month after hire they froze all pay raises for 2 years then raised benefit costs.

Client Service Representative Interview

I was hired as a temp and offered a position a few months in.

there was none, either you take it or not.

Payroll Specilalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Management makes a big difference depending on what office - no communication

none

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

was contacted by a recruiter, had to interview a few times, take a test very detailed process

Core Payroll Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex.

Forwarded my resume to an old co-worker who was hired by them. Was rushed through the interview process. Initial phone call from talent coordinator, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with zone manager. STAR based questions, display sales confidence, very professional interviews

Interview Questions
    • Describe me a time the hardest time when you had to use your negotiation skills to get a problem solved.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

National Sales Representative Interview

Normal Hiring Questions - angle seemed to be about keeping the big picture in mind - starting a career, working hard to get appointments, and making a name for one's self.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paychex in September 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Upon an interview for a sales position; despite my extensive experience (5 years beyond the minimum required), high performance in previous positions, with reputable companies, and extensive education, the interviewer took one look at me and my resume an asked, “How did you not know that Anthropology was not a career choice?" He continued to ask me if, “I worked in non-profit development because I came from poverty," and had a general condescending tone. He was completely unaware that Anthropology is the study of human culture. Therefore, giving me an additional awareness of human interaction, experience in research and more specifically market research which should have been seen as an amplification of my talents for a sales position, not a detriment. He was also unaware that non-profit development is quite literally asking for money without giving the donor anything in return. I've had to sell people on the idea of giving to benefit someone other than themselves. It was obvious that, as a manager, he had no idea how to interview someone and quite frankly I am surprised he is in charge of the hiring process. He does not recognize integrity or professionalism. I obviously did not get a job offer. However, I am now employed with one of the larger non-profits in the Seattle area and in 4 months I have already led a team to achieve over 100K in donation and memberships, as well as, bringing in about the same in group visits and rentals. I am a highly professional individual from the Chicago land area and have been employed with top companies in my field. I have never experienced such unprofessional behavior from a potential employer in my life, and that is saying a lot as a minority female. The interviewers’ behavior border lined on racism and harassment.

Interview Questions
    • "How did you not know that Anthropology was a career?"   View Answer

Payroll Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

For me it took 4 or so weeks to get hired. I got hired out of college but that is not very typical. Definitely a tough process but I liked everyone who I interviewed with and felt very thankful to get the job. They have you take a math test, some sort of personality test, and have you go on a field ride to get an idea of what the job is really like. I thought that was helpful and had a positive impression of the company and the people managing it.

Not negotiable.