Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Orange, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

After initial phone screen with a recruiter, I interviewed with 4 supervisors in a roundtable setting, each taking turns asking me experience based questions with follow up questions. After this interview, the panel submitted their impressions to upper management for review.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to give a client what they asked for.   Answer Question

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard, interview with rep, hiring manager and VP. Sales redialing in field for 1/2 day. Also took a personality test which the manager was trained to use in order to hire a certain profile.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of the exam (stupid leftover remnant of the Golisano days) and many in person interviews. I was initially brought in for another position then they changed their minds and had me interview for something else. Thankfully I was prepared.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about my experience, nothing earth shattering.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

5 interviews with recruiter and Other DSM's and Zone Manager. After phone interview with recruiter had to do a phone interview with zone manager and then got face to face with Zone manager and 2 other district managers. Had to take a math test and personality test. Went on a ride along with a sales rep also. Had another phone interview with a director and was hired.

Insurance Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I thought the interview process was exhausting and thorough. I interviewed with 5 different people. It took at least two weeks to hear back after each interview. I did one phone interview and four in person interviews. After the interviews I did a one hour job shadow. I thought I had the job in the bag, but they told me they went with an internal candidate after I went through two months of interviews. It really disappointed me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on the Paychex website and was called by a recruiter out of Albuquerque. Great guy asked a lot of questions regarding experience, resume and behavioral questions. I also took the online assessment and passed. The recruiter informed me he would email local Phoenix office for an interview and was definitely giving me an excellent referral. Two weeks later never heard back. Emailed the recruiter... his response oops I will email them and I will have a manager contact you right away. Got an interview within 1 week. I was interviewed for both jobs at the same time by two people. One lady who took notes and said barely nothing and the other main interviewer lady who asked questions..resume, experience, situations etc. I was then Informed by main interviewer she would decide what position in the company I should be in due to so much experience & being in the corporate world and my interview was excellent.., . I said Ok thats great. I felt good. Days later I saw more jobs ads up on Paychex website in Phoenix and thought hmmm.. well which one are they interested in me for since interviewer stated wow so much experience and this interview was excellent we will get back with you. I called the recruiter out of Albuquerque and got voice mail left message to inform him my interview went well and I had questions about jobs at Paychex. Well guess what within not even 10 minutes I received a email saying we are not interested in you at all to work at Paychex. Whats this all about. Talk about a head game.. I"m disappointed. OH well. I left a major corporation due to reduction nationwide in force after 20+ years of an excellent employment. Very unprofessional experience.. Not just because I did not get the job. DONT GO THERE IN PHOENIX!!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in finance, working with a difficult situation. Dealing with customers.. the basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex (South Jordan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 step process. Phone interview with recruiter, online assessment, interview with manager who would be your boss, ride along with a current sales rep and final interview with regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Boston, MA).

Interview

Given a phone Interview first then asked to come in for face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Had several meetings with hiring manager and zone manager. Asked to do a mock sales call and presentation during the last interview. Went on a Rep field ride.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give base and explain commission structure.

Client Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paychex (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was not good. I was not given any date/time when they would do them. They came up to me and said time to interview. Would have been great to prepare and have time to clear your head before the interview. Unfortunately , I was thinking about what I was working on during the interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in April 2011.

Interview

lenghty but through. Began with a phone interview and then a face to face. There were several people invloved prior to the ultimate hiring manager. Tough questions and some personality test but nothing too difficult. Typicall successes and areas of improvement questions. Be prepared to discuss the reasoning behind why you left any other companies and chose to move to other companies.