Paychex

218 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – was contacted by a recruiter, had to interview a few times, take a test very detailed process

Interview Question – What unique skills can I bring to position   Answer Question

Payroll Specilalist Interview

Payroll Specilalist
Dallas, TX

Interviewed at Paychex

Interview Details – Management makes a big difference depending on what office - no communication

Interview Question – Schooling for two full weeks   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Statistical Modeler Intern Interview

Statistical Modeler Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – I had met a recruiter at an informational session. I chatted a bit with him about my interest in mathematics and modeling, and he had said that I may be a good fit for a summer internship position he was overseeing. Two weeks later, I was invited on-site to participate in a group interview with some of the other mathematicians that work at Paychex. The interview was very informal and relaxed, and there were not many questions about expertise with specific programs or mathematical areas.

Interview Question – What has been your most difficult class in school, and why?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Bernardino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – It was a very lengthy interview process. The management was very thorough because they want to make sure you will be a good fit for the team. During the process you get to ride along with a current sales representative to see if the job is what you expect it to be. I realized what a professional and caring company Paychex was and took the position when it was offered.

Interview Question – I really do not remember any out of the ordinary questions. Just many interview with different managers.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – On-line skills assesment test, followed by a phone pre-screening interview where they may test you by being rude, then 3 person to person interviews (typically over a span of 3 visits) they will give you a personality test. **They have a great deal of turn-over**

Interview Question – Questions are typical: What to you know about us?, What is your greatest strength/weakness?, Discribe a problem you resolved., Tell us of a recent accomplishment with your current or last employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They flat out tell you it is an entry-level position that pays $15.00 Hourly to start, with potential for growth. However, you will bleed for every additional penny.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – The interview process can take anywhere from 1-3 months. They are testing the applicant's ability to close the deal. If you are applying, make sure to be ethically and kindly aggressive. Don't let them tell you no and get ready for objection handling. You'll work with a recruiter, then you'll interview with the District Manager and finally you'll meet with the Regional Manager (if available). Make sure you ask lots of questions as well, that's a big deal in their process.

Interview Question – How did you handle time in your professional career when you asked for something and were told "no"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. No negotiations were necessary.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Boston, MA

Interview Details – Series of 3 interviews in a week span. After my last interview I literally waited a month to hear back from them. But HR kept me in the loop the whole time with phone calls and emails in the interim.
If you research the company a bit and know how to answer basic interview questions you will be fine. It seems like they have a very long process for a $12/hour job.

Interview Question – Honestly there wasn't any. Go online and research "interview questions" and I guarantee they will ask you most of them in your interview. Very predictable. One thing they like to hear is that you work well independently and as a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offered me the position and said these are the guidelines. Please let us know if you accept or decline.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very quick to contact you although the process is rather lengthy. It is usually about 6 interviews before you know if you were hired.

Interview Question – They will typically ask you about how you would deal with problematic clients asking for more than the company can provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very unorthodox and unorganized.

Territory Representative Interview

Territory Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paychex in June 2013.

Interview Details – First, I was sent an email providing instructions for completing an online assessment. Once completed, I was instructed to email the inside recruiter to schedule a phone interview. She called and asked questions such as why I chose the degree I had, my B2B experience (I had none, yet, the job description hadn't listed it as a requirement), and my reasoning for choosing a position outside the city in which I lived . She offered me an administrative assistant position instead, which I declined. I received an email a few days later inquiring as to whether I might still be interested in interviewing for the territory sales position. We scheduled a tentative interview for a week away. I received an email 2 days prior to set up a window for the interview. I approved the window, yet didn't hear back until 1 day prior to the interview for an exact time. I declined to move further in the interview process.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to enter the sales profession.   Answer Question

National Sales Support Interview

National Sales Support

Interviewed at Paychex

Interview Details – Was recommended by friend of mine for an opening, forwarded him my resume which he passed on to a recruiter.

That same day I received a call asking to set up an appointment for a 15 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, was scheduled to come in for a face-to-face.

At the face-to-face, shadowed a current employee for about 15 minutes to see the basics of the job. After that, sat down with 5 or so Sales Managers and was asked typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question