Paychex Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Hauppauge, NY).

Interview

I applied online on Indeed.com. I heard back from Paychex and said they were very interested in me and would like to move me onto my second part of the application. Which was the assessment test. I completed it on June 3, 2014. Does anyone know or have experienced this, and how long did it take for the company to reach back out to you? Thank you

Interview Questions

• Does anyone have any info on this? Or is anyone experiencing or have experienced this?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paychex (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 hiring managers and both were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable through the process. Gave feedback throughout the process. Had 2 interview dates both 1 hour each

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was very happy with offer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paychex (North Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I got an interview through a recruiter who secured it in about 3 days. The initial interview included a 1:1 with two different managers and a math test. The entire thing took about 2.5 hours and as soon as I was finished another interviewee was ready to go. The next step after passing the math test and two 1:1 was to meet with the CEO and do a short presentation. I declined before this meeting.

Interview Questions

• The math test overall was somewhat difficult. While it was simple algebra, having to force your brain into that mindset and then back to an interview situation was hard.   Answer Question

I realized sales was not for me.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Contacted by an external recruiter because they were impressed with my resume on LinkedIn. Talked to President of recruiting company and scheduled face to face interview for following week. Met with regional vice president. He was very personable and professional. A lot of the interview was jelly-beaning. Asked 3-4 questions to see what my philosophy was on sales, leading a team, etc.

Core Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Phone Screen, In person interview with local manager, In person interview with Regional Manager, Field Ride with a rep. At each point in the process, someone asked me to start at an important part of my life, and walk them through events up to current day.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions....strengths/weaknesses, what does a good sales rep do, why do you think you would be successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not let you negotiate your base, which I think is fair, so that everyone is the same at the start. They should however give raises to base as you progress through your career.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. I talked with her briefly about my career plans and she told me the next step in the process was to complete an online sales assessment which was around 180 questions. After I followed up I was told that I would be interviewed on site. I set up a time with the recruiter and was excited to hear more about the opportunity they posted online. The hiring manager showed up to the interview ten minutes late, then talked to me briefly about my experience. Then shared with me that they were overstaffed at the time and didn't have a position open and that I didn't meet their minimum requirements anyway. I am still not sure why anybody would pre-screen a candidate for a position they didn't have, determine that they weren't qualified, and waste everybody's time by bringing them in for an interview. The job sounded like it would be great but I can't imagine working for a company that is this unprofessional.

Interview

They called me because someone emailed them about me. Had me take an online assessment. Called and now I have an upcoming face-to-face interview! So far so good!

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most thorough I have been through. Numerous phone screenings, two logic tests, and a number of in person interviews was a bit overwhelming. Be prepared for the possibility that you may have more than one interview in a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. You will have to work to increase your pay and its not something that happens overnight.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Interviewer was very detailed about the position and answered all the questions I had prior to me asking them.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter calls to set up interview over phone. Then you interview again with the recruiter. Then you take a skills test/personality which is pass or fail... Then you have a phone interview with a District Sales Manager. Then you go in person to meet with the District Sales Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was standard, no negotiation. Excellent earning potential! Great benefits!