Paychex

Paychex Major Market Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Major Market Sales

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very long interview process. You had to take a few test and then interview with at least two managers. It took a long time to get an answer.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you did not succeed and tell me exactly why   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in February 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a recruiter and then was pushed on to the district manager, from then I went on a field ride with a current rep. After that I had a 1 on 1 with the district manager face to face and then I had a 1 on1 with his boss. Then was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Major Market Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – interview was good, detailed, included initial phone screen, IQ test, 2 in person interviews, ride along

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple, but no real flexibility

Rocky Hill, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Paychex in January 2011.

Interview Details – This was a fairly elaborate and dramatic interview process. Started with a recruiter who refused to specify the company, but promised it was an idea position for me, with a huge pay increase.

I continued to communicate back and forth with her, providing my resume and completing a personality test before finally getting moved on to the Regional manager.

Regional manager promised I was 1 of 2 candidates and strung me along through a series of lengthy interviews and then never followed up to schedule my field ride. Giant waste of time.

Interview Question – If I died, and you had to take over my job managing you what would you do.   Answer Question

Major Market Sales

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – Number of meetings with internal recruiter, hiring manager and regional manager.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary. Straight forward process   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!

Paychex Videos

Paychex – Why Work for Us?

Paychex, Inc. is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paychex Major Market Sales interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paychex employees and interview candidates.