Paychex

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Generalist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very quick to contact you although the process is rather lengthy. It is usually about 6 interviews before you know if you were hired.

Interview Question – They will typically ask you about how you would deal with problematic clients asking for more than the company can provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very unorthodox and unorganized.

Core Sales Representative Interview

Core Sales Representative
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in May 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty extensive process. Essentially you have an initial phone interview, online assessment, in person interview with Sales Manager, in person interview with another Sales Manager, and then finally an interview with a VP of sales.

Interview Question – Pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negot. Straight base salary + commission

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex.

Interview Details – 3-4 interviews

Interview Question – regular job interview for any sales position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paychex in February 2012.

Interview Details – Was typical...nothing special. Baseline knowledge assessment, interview with hiring manager, return visit for personality test and feedback. Manager was friendly and full of energy...seem to love his job and the company

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Paychex in September 2010.

Interview Details – 8 steps including mock presentations and group interview with the sales team

Interview Questions

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Human Resource Generalist
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in March 2011.

Interview Details – I did not initially apply for the position; the manager that ended up hiring me found my information online. About 3 days after requesting my resume, she called me to tell me more about the position. She then proceeded to conduct what I would consider to be a phone interview. She asked about my background and several behavioral questions. At the conclusion of the phone interview, she asked me to come in to the office a week later.

The office interview was long and intense but not difficult. I spoke with the manager and 4 members of the team of people with whom I would work. The interview lasted about two hours. It was primarily conversational, but peppered with behavioral questions. The interviewers spent a great deal of time talking.

About four days later the manager called me to set up a time for me to meet two additional members of the team. This interview/meeting lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At the conclusion of the meeting, I was told that they really liked me and were prepared to make me an offer, but needed to contact my references. They contacted my references and within 3 hours of my second interview, I received an offer.

A background check and drug screen were required.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the CEO of Paychex?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you had to prioritize or how do you prioritize when you are faced with a number of tasks?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!

Paychex Videos

Paychex – Why Work for Us?

Paychex, Inc. is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paychex interview questions and advice in New York, NY. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paychex employees and interview candidates.