Paychex Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is rather lengthy about at least 3-4 weeks. I was contacted by an outside recruiter who screened me then put me in touch with an in-house recruiter who screened me again. She put me through a personality/skills assessment that takes an 1 hour and 45 minutes. We spoke a second time about my background. I then interviewed with district sales manger. Second interview would be with another equivalent sales manager and then regional head of sales. They are very upfront and clear about the overall process.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make? What was your W2 for prior year? Where do your see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

very professional right from the initial phone screen to the the final interview. Consisted of multiple interviews, a ride along with another sales representative and the then another final interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was strange because I was already with the company so it was a fairly easy process and not much explanation other than you want me to be on your team. I made good numbers in my entry level role so much of the interview process was more me interviewing the office

Core Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty extensive process. Essentially you have an initial phone interview, online assessment, in person interview with Sales Manager, in person interview with another Sales Manager, and then finally an interview with a VP of sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negot. Straight base salary + commission

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY).

Interview

3-4 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Was typical...nothing special. Baseline knowledge assessment, interview with hiring manager, return visit for personality test and feedback. Manager was friendly and full of energy...seem to love his job and the company

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I did not initially apply for the position; the manager that ended up hiring me found my information online. About 3 days after requesting my resume, she called me to tell me more about the position. She then proceeded to conduct what I would consider to be a phone interview. She asked about my background and several behavioral questions. At the conclusion of the phone interview, she asked me to come in to the office a week later. The office interview was long and intense but not difficult. I spoke with the manager and 4 members of the team of people with whom I would work. The interview lasted about two hours. It was primarily conversational, but peppered with behavioral questions. The interviewers spent a great deal of time talking. About four days later the manager called me to set up a time for me to meet two additional members of the team. This interview/meeting lasted about 1 1/2 hours. At the conclusion of the meeting, I was told that they really liked me and were prepared to make me an offer, but needed to contact my references. They contacted my references and within 3 hours of my second interview, I received an offer. A background check and drug screen were required.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of the CEO of Paychex?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to prioritize or how do you prioritize when you are faced with a number of tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

8 steps including mock presentations and group interview with the sales team

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Very quick to contact you although the process is rather lengthy. It is usually about 6 interviews before you know if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• They will typically ask you about how you would deal with problematic clients asking for more than the company can provide.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very unorthodox and unorganized.