Paychex

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Paychex in June 2011.

Interview Details – A lot of topgrading questions and discussion of previous jobs and schooling.

Interview Question – How would your previous boss describe your weaknesses and how would you improve them?   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at Paychex in March 2011.

Interview Details – Human resources was helpful and fair in the screening process, however failed to follow up with an email in regards to the status of the interview process. Very unclear with the hiring manager as to the outcome of the interview although was indicated in the interview that he/she would follow up with me within a weeks time. I don't expect to hear back from the company based upon the attitude of the interviewing manager. I wouldn't recommend interviewing with this firm unless you have one half of a day to waste, although the company is very large and sustained it seems to be very corporate and mis managed.

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Paychex in February 2010.

Interview Details – Recrutier called and prescreened, she as very nice to deal with. She called back about 10 mins later to set up another phone interview with DM. Phone interview with DM was BRUTAL. She was rude and basically trying to weed me out from the get go.

Interview Question – What makes you think you can handle this type of schedule? She quoted 60 hrs /week +   View Answer

Outside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paychex in April 2012.

Interview Details – An individual from human resources called me stating that they had found my resume on a job search website via email. I sent the person an email expressing my interest and she promptly called me a very quickly set up a phone interview for later the next week. The actual phone interview was all of 15 minutes and then I was told that I would be getting an application via email. The application took the better part of the afternoon to complete and I was told to have it returned ASAP. After sending the application I received what I am assuming was a canned email string they were "looking very much forward to speaking with me soon". I full week went by and today I got a "canned" rejection letter via email. No follow-up was done at all between then. Interestingly enough, I emailed the human resource rep over the weekend, and then got that email today....

Outside Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in September 2011.

Interview Details – no outcome yet still going thru process. Not sure what the outcome will be. Haven't received a yes or no to my application

Interview Questions

• Describe how i obtained a difficult client   View Answer
  • what is my day/s like in current sales position   View Answer

Outside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paychex in January 2010.

Interview Details – I got the feeling they micro-manage your every move, which is not the kind of environment I do well in. My last interview was with a Manager from another region. He asked me about my work experience (I've been in outsides sales for 15 years) and then decided he should focus his questions on my college years. He asked me why I only had a 3.2 GPA when I graduated from college (this was 23 years ago). This was the point that I knew this was probably the wrong job for me.

Interview Question – Why did you have a 3.2 GPA in college (23 years ago)?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!

Paychex Videos

Paychex – Why Work for Us?

Paychex, Inc. is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paychex Outside Sales interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paychex employees and interview candidates.