Paychex

Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.9

Java Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in October 2014.

I applied through my college's career site. I got an interview call within a week. The interview was on-campus. All the questions asked were basic. But there were a lot of questions: Java, SQL, behavioral. 1 week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

I was waiting for offers from other companies and they did not provide me with an extension to accept the offer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Paychex in June 2014.

Met with 2 hiring managers and both were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable through the process. Gave feedback throughout the process. Had 2 interview dates both 1 hour each

Interview Questions
    Was very happy with offer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex in June 2012.

I applied on the website, was called for an interview 2 weeks later, met with a panel of 8 people...everyone was very nice and asked the same questions. I was called back to another interview and met with 2 more individuals..who talked more in depth about the position. I was contacted a little over a month later for another interview after I left several messages. This next interview i met with 3 more people who yet again asked the same questions. Still unsure what the next step is

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Paychex in April 2012.

Thorough. Math test and aptitude test and all.

Interview Questions
    • The where do you see yourself question. Wasn't sure of it at the time, so didn't give a good reply.   Answer Question
    Through phone and it was a verbal consent. Not too hard to ask for 55k. May have been able to ask for more, based on experience.

Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paychex in April 2012.

They made me take a math test which was no big deal. I was hired through a temporary agency so I never took a drug test. I did interview for another position, but didn't get it. However, they hired me quickly somewhere else. Lots of growth in the 11-13$ range

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really.... just questions like name a negative and positive about yourself. Also... try not to be too nice if you are going for a collections job. That is the interview where they said I was "too-nice" to work there   Answer Question
    I asked for an extra .50 cents and they said no

Contract Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paychex in March 2012.

The interview with the contract house was simple and more about getting informed than proving that I was the right candidate for the position. The contract house was asking for experience that I have yet to see a need for at the position.
    There was no interview at Paychex.

401K Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex in December 2011.

The interviews (4 rounds) for the 401k sales rep position were very professional and thorough. Once I was given a verbal offer on a Friday, with the promise of a written offer the following Monday, I was very disappointed with the results.

After patiently waiting until Wednesday to get the formal offer, I contacted the hiring manager's office to check in. I was told that hiring manager left the company for another opportunity, leaving this 401k sales territory vacant.

After staying in contact with the Regional Manager who conducted the third round interview, she connected me with the replacement manager to "re-do" the interview and make sure I would be a good fit on the new team. After acing that interview, I again was given assurance that a formal offer would be delivered the following Monday. After again waiting until Wednesday, I contacted Paychex and was informed that the Regional Manager took a leave of absence.

Either I am the most unlucky candidate, or Paychex has a hard time telling people that they did not get the position. I viewed this as a blessing in disguise and decided that wasting almost two months and five total interviews of my time was better than getting involved in a company whose management fluctuated so frequently.

Interview Questions
    • When shadowing a rep for half a day, the rep was speaking negatively towards sales. Instead of agreeing, I let him vent. His feedback to the hiring manager was that I was not excited about sales. Be aware that this process is also a test/interview and all interactions are reported.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paychex in November 2011.

Requires a timed math test. Rumor has it that you have to get all 50 questions in 16 minutes. There are numerous word questions.

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex in January 2011.

I applied through a posting on my college's career website. First thing was an informal phone interview from a recruiter - this came with no warning. That went well - it was mostly informational (as in, them describing the position and organization to me). Then a day and time was set up for an in person interview. This lasted several hours. First, I took a basic math test. Then I met with two NSS managers (2:1). Normal, basic interview questions. Then came some time on the floor (about 15-20 minutes) with someone currently working the position - make sure you ask them lots of questions! Use this time to get to know the position. Then I had another interview with a different NSS manager. Finally, I got called back in to interview with a senior manager. (After this was the drug test.)

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to convince a group of people to do something you wanted to do or felt was best.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation involved. One thing I noted was that they asked me at every step of the process if I wanted the job. Be sure to tell them loud and clear at all times that you really want the job.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex in December 2010.

I had an Phone Interview with the HR first,then had an Skills test that had 50 questions to answer in 16 min,If you pass that then you will have an one on one interview with the Lead.Then another interview with the other leads .I had 3 sets of Interviews and I was offered the position.But it really took a long time......it tok almost 3 months from the time i submitted my resume.

Got another offer......