Paychex Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Boston, MA).

Interview

Given a phone Interview first then asked to come in for face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Had several meetings with hiring manager and zone manager. Asked to do a mock sales call and presentation during the last interview. Went on a Rep field ride.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give base and explain commission structure.

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter, she asked alot of questions about my experiences. I had to take an online assessment, they give you 1 hour and 45 mins to complete it. Then she set me up with a face to face interview with a District Sales Manager. The interview with the District Sales Manager was basically behavioral questions. She questioned me "'why" alot. The recruiter called me to follow up the next day. I told her that I did not get a great understanding about the company and the product. She basically had no answer for me and wasn't too sure herself. She told me I should contact the manager and see if she could give me more details. Basically, this experience was not good for me. As a company looking to hire a sales representative, they did a bad job at selling the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a dificult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Referred by current employee, applied online, quick 10-15 minute phone interview with company recruiter, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with Zone Manager and district sales manager

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paychex (South Jordan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 step process. Phone interview with recruiter, online assessment, interview with manager who would be your boss, ride along with a current sales rep and final interview with regional manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Started with a simple written test, eventually a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the district sales manager. Salary offered was very competitive for entry level sales job and the training program is extensive.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you have provided outstanding customer service and why did the customer feel that way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted less than then 10 minutes, he looked at my resume and basically said I'm overqualified for this position then he went on to say you can make more money in this other role but was never given the opportunity to follow up or have any contact information to apply for that role. I expressed that I really needed a job and I'm willing to start at the bottom to work my way up but was never given the opportunity, ironically they've kept the same job posting and they haven't filled in over a year!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex (Mendota Heights, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone, online personality test, in-person interview. Took a long time to set up an in person interview after interviewing via the phone. Was a pretty quick interview, said they interviewed throughout the year even when they weren't hiring.

Interview Questions

• Any school clubs that you were a part of?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Many interviews and many weeks of waiting, although it was worth it. The field ride was very informative. The interview was comfortable and made me want to work here.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paychex in January 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, one with hiring manager, one with a second manager, one with hiring managers boss. Long process, simple questions, seemed as though the personality had to really click and I know I was nervous. More questions relating to personality rather than to skills

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Through interview process that was about my background in outsides sales. It was very professional and candid. They asked many questions that had me explain situations I have been in as a sales representative.