Paychex Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex (Boston, MA).

Interview

Given a phone Interview first then asked to come in for face to face meeting with the hiring manager. Had several meetings with hiring manager and zone manager. Asked to do a mock sales call and presentation during the last interview. Went on a Rep field ride.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give base and explain commission structure.

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter, she asked alot of questions about my experiences. I had to take an online assessment, they give you 1 hour and 45 mins to complete it. Then she set me up with a face to face interview with a District Sales Manager. The interview with the District Sales Manager was basically behavioral questions. She questioned me "'why" alot. The recruiter called me to follow up the next day. I told her that I did not get a great understanding about the company and the product. She basically had no answer for me and wasn't too sure herself. She told me I should contact the manager and see if she could give me more details. Basically, this experience was not good for me. As a company looking to hire a sales representative, they did a bad job at selling the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a dificult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Referred by current employee, applied online, quick 10-15 minute phone interview with company recruiter, face to face with district sales manager, final interview with Zone Manager and district sales manager

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paychex (South Jordan, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 step process. Phone interview with recruiter, online assessment, interview with manager who would be your boss, ride along with a current sales rep and final interview with regional manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Started with a simple written test, eventually a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the district sales manager. Salary offered was very competitive for entry level sales job and the training program is extensive.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you have provided outstanding customer service and why did the customer feel that way?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

Many interviews and many weeks of waiting, although it was worth it. The field ride was very informative. The interview was comfortable and made me want to work here.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex in January 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, one with hiring manager, one with a second manager, one with hiring managers boss. Long process, simple questions, seemed as though the personality had to really click and I know I was nervous. More questions relating to personality rather than to skills

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this job   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Through interview process that was about my background in outsides sales. It was very professional and candid. They asked many questions that had me explain situations I have been in as a sales representative.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

I am over two weeks and three interviews for a sales rep job. So far I have really liked everyone that I have spoken to and I am excited to hopefully keep moving forward. The biggest problem for me is how long it is taking. I understand taking their time and the multiple interviews, however it can be hard to get a reply and I do not know if I passed an assessment that I took last week.

Interview Questions

• General questions about sales experience, personality, problem solving.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Interview

After being contacted by a recruiter, I did a phone interview with her, then some online tests. One was the basic personality test, the other was more in-depth about time management. Then we did a phone interview with the hiring manager and a drug test. Next I did a ride-along with a current sales rep and we did one final interview with the hiring manager and her manager. The hiring decision was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest business decision you've ever made?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation to base salary, but there were additional stipends for gas and other expenses.