Paychex

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paychex.

Started with a simple written test, eventually a phone interview with a recruiter followed by another phone interview with the district sales manager. Salary offered was very competitive for entry level sales job and the training program is extensive.

Interview Questions
  • What is a situation where you have provided outstanding customer service and why did the customer feel that way?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paychex

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Many interviews and many weeks of waiting, although it was worth it. The field ride was very informative. The interview was comfortable and made me want to work here.

Sales Representative Interview

Through interview process that was about my background in outsides sales. It was very professional and candid. They asked many questions that had me explain situations I have been in as a sales representative.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

I am over two weeks and three interviews for a sales rep job. So far I have really liked everyone that I have spoken to and I am excited to hopefully keep moving forward. The biggest problem for me is how long it is taking. I understand taking their time and the multiple interviews, however it can be hard to get a reply and I do not know if I passed an assessment that I took last week.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about sales experience, personality, problem solving.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

After being contacted by a recruiter, I did a phone interview with her, then some online tests. One was the basic personality test, the other was more in-depth about time management. Then we did a phone interview with the hiring manager and a drug test. Next I did a ride-along with a current sales rep and we did one final interview with the hiring manager and her manager. The hiring decision was made a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest business decision you've ever made?   Answer Question
    No negotiation to base salary, but there were additional stipends for gas and other expenses.

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paychex in May 2014.

I got an interview through a recruiter who secured it in about 3 days. The initial interview included a 1:1 with two different managers and a math test. The entire thing took about 2.5 hours and as soon as I was finished another interviewee was ready to go. The next step after passing the math test and two 1:1 was to meet with the CEO and do a short presentation. I declined before this meeting.

Interview Questions
    • The math test overall was somewhat difficult. While it was simple algebra, having to force your brain into that mindset and then back to an interview situation was hard.   Answer Question

I realized sales was not for me.

Sales Representative Interview

They called me because someone emailed them about me. Had me take an online assessment. Called and now I have an upcoming face-to-face interview! So far so good!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. I talked with her briefly about my career plans and she told me the next step in the process was to complete an online sales assessment which was around 180 questions. After I followed up I was told that I would be interviewed on site. I set up a time with the recruiter and was excited to hear more about the opportunity they posted online.

The hiring manager showed up to the interview ten minutes late, then talked to me briefly about my experience. Then shared with me that they were overstaffed at the time and didn't have a position open and that I didn't meet their minimum requirements anyway.

I am still not sure why anybody would pre-screen a candidate for a position they didn't have, determine that they weren't qualified, and waste everybody's time by bringing them in for an interview. The job sounded like it would be great but I can't imagine working for a company that is this unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Very difficult interview process. They are very selective on who they choose to be apart of their team. The managers and field reps loved everything that Paychex had to offer which made me want to accept the offer. I did go through five interviews! There is unlimited potential in this role and they want to promote you!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paychex.

The process started out with an extremely nice recruiter who screens you and passes you along to a district manager. The district manager asks very basic questions and does most of the talking which can be frustrating because you feel as though they aren't going to learn much about you if they do all of the talking. They tell you that the process will go quickly, but you then must do a field ride along with someone which is a job shadow for a day. This is interesting and teaches you a lot about what you'd be doing on the job. I didn't like it personally because I felt like this was Paychex' way of getting the person you shadow to ask you questions that they aren't allowed to ask in interviews. After the ride along, you'd meet with the zone manager. The zone manager again will do most of the talking, explaining things, asking if you have questions for them, but doesn't really ask many questions to get to know who YOU are and what you're capable of delivering. Frustrating. If you try to follow up with either manager you will never get a response, you must follow up through the recruiter who also will not get answers from the managers. My experience ended with the zone manager saying they'd make a decision within 24 hours, then not hearing back for 6 days.

Interview Questions
    • They really don't ask you anything out of the ordinary. They do most of the talking.   Answer Question