Paycom

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter about the position and was told that I had a solid background for the position and setup an in-person interview at the office in Chicago with the Sales Manager. My first interview was straight forward, pretty basic questions. Tell me about a time... Why are you a good fit for Paycom?

Made it to the second round and had a webcam interview with the regional sales manager. Much more thorough of an interview, really checking to see why you want to sell payroll and work for them. I sold myself and was moved on to a phone canvassing session back in the Chicago office.

I showed up on a Friday morning for a 4 hour cold calling session. You are given a list of numbers to call, a brief script to practice with prior and left to your own devices. They expect you to land 3 confirmed appointments in 4 hours, which is incredibly difficult in that industry. I went on to cold call and land THREE appointments in the allotted time.

The recruiter reached out to me a few days later and told me they were going with someone else. I recommend following up and really getting to know the people in the office you visit as best you can. I feel like they have a strong influence on your hiring managers decision.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell payroll?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in for the interview and the environment was very loud, and I could easily overhear loud laughter and relatively inappropriate jokes coming from a group of 20-somethings (I myself am in my mid twenties) who were very near to the reception area of their office. During the interview the Sales manager whop interviewed me did not seem to want to be there. He consistently yawned throughout the interview and took out his smart phone, playing with the screen.

Interview Questions

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!