Paycom

Updated Mar 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter set me up for, what looked like, a great opportunity. Seems to have great online presence, base salary and commission structure. I was 15 minutes early to the interview... He was 45 minutes late and called me by the wrong name... (life happens... no worries). After giving me a speech on how every interview should have an equal amount of time and shows no favorites... he then asked me pointed questions and belittled my current company. After all was said and done he told me, "looks like you have some current business to take care of, here is my card... call me when your 100% ready" ... over the weekend had time to process and decided to call. called him over 10 times, left voice mails and messages... no response.

Very unprofessional. Not living up to your word is the point; Lack of credibility. this is only 1 manager at 1 branch... hope others have a better experience.

Paycom Response

Nov 19, 2013Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and had several conversations with him and submitted an online application directly to the Charlotte office. When invited to the office, I waited 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time (which I showed up 15 minutes early for) before asking someone what was going on. I was brought to the hiring manager's office where she told me she forgot, apologized, but then given a rushed 5 minute Q&A session and told I'd be contacted in a couple days. I told them not to waste their time.

Interview Question – Why should I be picked over the other candidates.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See hiring and interview process.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Question – Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview Details – The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Mar 18, 2014Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was found by a hiring agency looking to fill a position working for Paycom. I was interested in an outside sales position so I did my research and met with there sales manager. She was very outgoing and loved the company she worked for. She was looking for someone that would be Extremely driven (emphasis on extremely). Self motivation is huge in this company and a positive attitude is a must. The interview questions and follow up questions were intended to push you into a corner. If you deal well under pressure... you are fine. I felt that the interview was okay, but i walked away knowing that the job wasnot a fit for either of us.

Interview Question – Past work experience: How does it apply to an outside sales position focused on payroll solutions?   Answer Question

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!