Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

If you're applying to this position, you must know, you need to be exactly the type of person they're looking for in ordered to be hired.....goal oriented, answering the questions "right", and prepared for a hard interview process. I was first contacted by a corporate recruiter to set my up my first round interview with the sales manager. The manager forgot to call me on 2 different occasions, and finally after the 3rd rescheduled interview on his behalf, we had a short 15 minute phone conversation. He asked me things like "are you an only child? What does your dad do for a living?" Thought it was weird....so didn't hear back until 2 weeks later, and the recruiter called and said "the manager really liked you and wants a1:1 interview. So I went up to DC for our 1:1. They failed to give me the Paycom pre-phone canvassing paperwork so instead of phone canvassing, which i was supposed to do, the manager asked me, again, very personal questions and tried to make a quick judgement because I was an only child from a divorced family- after talking with my HR professional at my law firm, she said you're not allowed to do that.... anyways, he basically said I'm not suited for the position but still made me wait 2 more hours for a web conference with the regional sales manager. That was awkward. He was very quick to get me out of there- BIG HINT- if they're quick to get you out of there and the say " Thanks for taking this time with us"- you're not getting the job. Sure enough, got the rejection email two days later. Great money, great company to work for, but it's really hard to get the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Interview

Very challenging interview. Focused a lot on resume flow and consistency of employment.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both. I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day. I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone interview. That went well and I then was scheduled to meet with a Hiring Manager of the local Paycom Office. I get there prepared and practiced multiple times but he ends up not showing up which frustrated me greatly. He then asks me standard questions but then questions my passion for sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have a passion for sales?   1 Answer

Paycom Response

Jun 9, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Paycom we value the time of every candidate just like we do our customers. We are very sorry that you had to wait and we will address this immediately. Please know ... More

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the CRR position, which has a new name... This was one of the more lengthy interview processes I've ever gone through. I think it was probably over a month from beginning to end. Was contacted by an internal recruiter who was very helpful in the process and had a phone screen with her (but was in touch several times), then had a Skype interview with a Regional Manager, followed by an in person interview with Regional, Skype interview with VP of Sales, additional follow up phone questions, and lastly a ride along with someone local in the same position. I felt the organization was very transparent and tried to really give you a feel of what you could expect, that they really wanted to make sure it was a good fit for both parties. The process was incredibly thorough, but everyone was super nice and professional throughout. Although I made it to the last round, in the end I wasn't offered a position with the company. Unfortunate really, since I got $120 in parking tickets when I went to my on-site interview. Who street sweeps in the middle of the day in a business park? All in all, it was a positive experience, and I was a little disappointed I wasn't offered the position, mostly because I felt that the process was moving along quite well. The pass came as a surprise.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions for sales positions - what characteristics are important to be successful, what drives you, etc.   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Aug 19, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed interview experience.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Client Relations Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paycom (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview went pretty well, I had thought. The interviewer did seem to rush through the questions a little bit, and maybe that was because she made her mind up pretty hastily. I mentioned that I wanted to work in order to make money and be able to do things, and I think she took my use of the phrase "work/life balance" to mean that I wanted a ton of vacation time. If I were to guess, that misunderstanding would be why I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Probably when she asked me if I was prepared to work more than forty hours a week, just because I would have thought that my previous answers made it clear that I was.   1 Answer