Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.3

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by the hiring manager. We had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation and she asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview with her, a team lead and to meet the team. I came in to interview that next Monday evening and met with the team lead and shadowed another recruiter for a little bit. I was there for about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your goals?
      What keeps you motivated?
      Why Paycom?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question

Team Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a couple of different positions & received a call from a recruiter within a couple of days. She asked me a few questions about my background on the phone. At the conclusion of the call she sent me an email with a typing test, 10 key test, excel test, & a personality assessment. I was contacted the next day after completing these and offered an interview for a different position than I had applied for based on my test scores & I was set up for an interview. I had to take a reasoning & math assessment when I came in and was told if I didn't score high enough I would be interviewed for a different position. I scored high enough & had roughly a 10 min interview where I was asked about previous work history, future plans, etc. I was told I would receive a call or email in the next business day or so. The next day I was contacted for a second interview with the department head. That interview was more in depth and lasted around 25 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview my recruiter came in & offered me a job offer contingent upon a background, credit, & drug screening.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Jun 15, 2015Representative

Thank for sharing the details of your experience!

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom in April 2015.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. When my interviewer saw that I had a list of several questions prepared, he stopped interviewing me and had me just ask my questions. He then proceeded to dodge most of them. When I asked about the characteristics of management in the company, his response was, "Why would you need to know that? What if I was the worst manager in the country but you could still pay cash for a Range Rover?" Well, then I'd be an unhappy person in a pointless car. It made me very uneasy. He asked several other questions around that theme, "What if you were constantly micromanaged but made 200k?" "What if I was a great mentor but you could only make 70k?"

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best performer on the worst team or a middle performer on the best team?   2 Answers

Jun 16, 2015Representative

We appreciate all feedback, and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Also, this is not the norm, as our managers are trained on best practices. We are sorry they were not ... More

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

First, a couple of phone interviews from the recruiter. The recruiter explained the process in-depth, letting me know there would be a drug screening and credit check if chosen. Then a 1-1 typical on-site interview of job related questions was conducted in which I showed an online portfolio.

Interview Questions

• To show a previous application I helped develop.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Paycom (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and she was diligent in her duties and was very communicative. I took a personality assessment and a skills test in Microsoft excel. The tests were not difficult or too time consuming. Shortly thereafter I went in for an interview. The first portion was in person and the other was on webcam. The questions were very basic and not too deep.

I was told I did a good job, but was not offered the position. They said they were looking for someone "more analytical" which is slightly vague. They also said that I didn't currently have experience doing some of the things that they were looking for in a new candidate; which wasn't true. My resume was very detailed and specific. It aligned very well with their job description so that was a bit frustrating.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward sales interview, I enjoyed it very much. Make sure you learn about them and like what you hear. They WANT you to do well in the interview, but simply want to be sure that you're sure.

1. Recruiter sent Linkedin message
    2. Interview with hiring manager
    3. Appointment setting- MUST set three appointments in three hours
    4. Webcam interview with exec.
    5. Offer emailed, drug screen, driving history, references called

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your employer?
      2. Why do you want to work here?
      3. [Ask for and respond to objections/hesistations]
      4. You must CLOSE the "sale"- leave with the next step scheduled

1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay is very competitive. Full benefits.

May 28, 2015Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview story!

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I first received a phone call from a recruiter asking me about myself and letting me know a little bit about the job. We set up a time for an interview for that same week. The recruiter was very helpful and informative. She sent my information to the company and received a phone call from a Paycom recruiter the next day. I set up an interview with them and went in the next week. I walked in and might as well walked right back out. I took a math/reading assessment test and didn't get the scores they were looking for so I didn't even get a change to interview. It was such a waste of time. The Paycom recruiter told me I looked like a great fit! What a bunch of baloney! When interviewing with Paycom don't get your hopes up because if you don't get a certain score they won't even interview with you. What a waste of time!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process was fine, until the end. I have both a management and sales background. I was applying for a management position, but at the end of the interview I was told that I wasn't qualified for the position, but they wanted to interview me for a sales position. Definitely feel like this was a bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• It was a normal interview, question about myself and going through my resume   Answer Question

May 19, 2015Representative

As a growing company, we are looking for top talent in many departments. Our recruiting team and managers are well-versed on assessing the skills of candidates to ensure they are placed in the ... More