Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

long and drawn out

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do if not hired here. I dont understand why that woudh matter to you   1 Answer

The atmosphere of the office is terrible, very few people does not seem promising. Very high turnover in this company

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Interview

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both. I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day. I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Fist I received a phone interview from the recruiter. Then, I was called back for a first interview. I had to do some testing first. This just included excel testing and some logic and reasoning testing. After the first interview I was called for a second interview. I then received a call a few hours later with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were in a difficult position with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

Long process starting with a phone screening, proceed to manager interview, then an applied skills portion, following an interview with a regional VP and lastly an interview with the CSO. I looked at each step as one step closer to a $100k return because I knew I would make at least that in my first year. It was well worth the process, and this methodical interview process is why Paycom has the best of the best in their sales force!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Apr 30, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales position originally and I was recommended for the Transition Specialist Role. I had to take an excel test at home to get the interview, as well as the Wonderlic Test when I got to the office for the first interview. I interviewed with the TSR Manager as well as the Head of the department. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions, as well as questions to find out more about my experiences. I was fresh out of college at the time. I was offered the position within 4 hours of leaving the interview.

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation, they have a set pay structure (which has changed for the better 3 times since I started a year and a half ago). At the time the department was growing so I was able to negotiate when i started a little bit. Now they have larger training classes so there might not be as much flexibility there.

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone interview. That went well and I then was scheduled to meet with a Hiring Manager of the local Paycom Office. I get there prepared and practiced multiple times but he ends up not showing up which frustrated me greatly. He then asks me standard questions but then questions my passion for sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have a passion for sales?   1 Answer

Jun 9, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Paycom we value the time of every candidate just like we do our customers. We are very sorry that you had to wait and we will address this immediately. Please know ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The first communication was a short phone interview that lasted around 15 or so. The recruiter just asked some basic questions abo how I heard of the job, why I wanted to leave my current job and the went over briefly the position and compensation. Around 2 days later I was then called again and set up a face to face interview. The recruiter stated that I should show up at least 15 minutes before so I would have enough time to complete the 12 minute Wonderlic test. I was then placed into a small room with a desk and a computer and was told about the Wonderlic and a few tips; like only spend 10-12 seconds on each question. They seem to be looking at how quickly you can finish the test than how accurate you can be. I was not able to use a calculator or other material besides a pen and paper that they provided to me. Once I finished the test I was shown to another small interview room and was seated and spoke with manger and team leader. The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

I personally would be taking a pay cut along with less 401k matching and less PTO starting off. I also was not really wowed by anything I saw or anyone I was introduced to.