Paycom

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is extremely thorough, but well worth it for the caliber of job duties and people you'll be working around. Paycom hires some outstanding individuals and they have the ability to do so because the rewards are great. There were approximately 6 steps in the process: An initial phone screen with a recruiter, an interview with the hiring manager, a second interview with a regional manager, a ride-along with your potential team, a phone-canvassing session in which you must demonstrate that you can successfully set three appointments, and then a final interview with a C-Level exec.

The process is very intense, and you may move forward in the process to the next level in the same day if you do well. Overall the process moves very quickly. The recruiter I had, Kathryn, was amazing, and did an excellent job of preparing me for each and every step.

Overall this was a great interview process!

Interview Question – I came in under an unusual career change for this position, so my most difficult questions came out of how I might have prepared myself for the position, having not come from a sales background. Be ready for this. They want to make sure you have prepared well in your time leading up to the possibility of stepping into a very challenging position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially you will be contacted by a recruiter or you can do what I did and call the recruiter directly. They look over your resume and they have you apply online. Based on your answers online you will be classified into how interested they are in you. If you are what they are looking for they will have you interview with a local office manager. If that goes well you will interview with a regional. If you pass that they will bring you in for a phone canvassing trial. They give you 4 hours to set 3 appointments cold calling. Just keep calm and don't get stressed or anxious, if you are decent on the phone you shouldn't have any issues. If you pass this phase you will interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he will give his recommendation. If all of this goes well you have to pass a background check that includes DMV driving record, drug screening, felony check and don't lie on your resume because they will check all of that. It's a pretty in depth process but if you get the job you know you a qualified employee and they want to invest in you and watch you unleash your potential.

Interview Question – Are you excited about earning a 50,000 salary fresh out of college? Would you be happy earning 50,000 your first year? A lot of our reps here at Paycom make over 100,000 their first year and the following years they make 300,000 and above. If you're content making 50,000 a year how do we know you will have the ambition and drive to work hard enough to make 100,00 and beyond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary was already stated so i didn't negotiate salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview Details – A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Question – How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Human Capital Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Interview Details – Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

Interview Question – What is your 3rd worst quality?... threw me off   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Interview Details – Paycom has a difficult interview process by design. We want a very special person to join our team and service our customers. We also want anyone who is considering joining the team to see first hand the opportunity for what it is - a true B2B Hunter Sales Career. You talk our recruiters, the manager the regional manager our CSO. You interact with the team for a prospecting session, you may even go to lunch or ride along with a member of the team.

Interview Question – Who do you admire most and why?
If you had a magic wand and could change anything about your current position and manager what would it be?
  View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – The interview process is very in depth. It involved being contacted for an initial meet and greet. Then from they might ask for another meeting and ask more in depth about the job. At another point you have to come in a take a typing test and a math type quiz.

Interview Question – Being asked about your willingness to work overtime.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Paycom recruiter and after speaking with him on the phone, I was set up with a first round interview. This was a webinar with the office manager for my specific location. Very simple and straightforward interview. The second interview was with the regional VP, which was a bit more difficult than the first. After being approved by the VP, I was invited into their office for a 4 hour prospecting session (cold calling and booking appointments). I ended up declining the offer to go in for the prospecting session.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have set you up for a successful career at Paycom?   Answer Question
  • What have you been doing in the past few months to help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't formally get an offer letter, but I ended up declining an offer to go in for the prospecting session. I did this because I received an offer from a different company.

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Paycom was timely and efficient. I spoke to a recruiter by phone, and sent her my resume. She had me apply online, and then I was scheduled to interview with the Sales Manager the next week. From there I interviewed with the Regional Manager. The last step in the interview is the phone canvass session. I think it's great that phone-canvassing is apart of the interview, it gives people a sneak peak at what a job with Paycom would be like.

Interview Question – Most difficult was probably phone canvass session just because it was not something I had ever done before. But they prep you, and it's more of a mental test seeing how you are able to adapt and roll with it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

Interview Details – You have a phone screening, a video interview with a manager, an in-office interview that includes a cold-call prospecting session, an interview with the regional manager, then an interview with the Chief Sales Officer.

I turned down three other job offers and accepted my offer at Paycom. A week and a half later, they call me and tell me my offer is being withdrawn because of a non-criminal underage drinking citation I received in college 7 years ago.

Ignoring that asinine policy in itself--the messed up part is that I had already told my recruiter about the citation on our first phone call two months prior to receiving the offer. Upon speaking to the HR Director I found out the recruiter had LIED to me and very likely lied to her bosses.

Throughout the process I was lied to, made phone calls that went un-returned, and was generally treated unprofessionally. During the interview, they had me lie to prospective clients during the prospecting portion. Paycom's mistake cost me time and money.

This company hires young people and encourages them to make money at all cost. They clearly don't value professional integrity and the lack of experience among their employees became painfully obvious during my situation.

If you're willing to trade your integrity to make money, you'll find a home at Paycom.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult, but they told me if I treated this job as if I was married to it, I'd be able to make hundreds of thousands of dollars within 2-3 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation--it's all fixed.