Paycom

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.3

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Initially you will be contacted by a recruiter or you can do what I did and call the recruiter directly. They look over your resume and they have you apply online. Based on your answers online you will be classified into how interested they are in you. If you are what they are looking for they will have you interview with a local office manager. If that goes well you will interview with a regional. If you pass that they will bring you in for a phone canvassing trial. They give you 4 hours to set 3 appointments cold calling. Just keep calm and don't get stressed or anxious, if you are decent on the phone you shouldn't have any issues. If you pass this phase you will interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he will give his recommendation. If all of this goes well you have to pass a background check that includes DMV driving record, drug screening, felony check and don't lie on your resume because they will check all of that. It's a pretty in depth process but if you get the job you know you a qualified employee and they want to invest in you and watch you unleash your potential.

Interview Questions
    • Are you excited about earning a 50,000 salary fresh out of college? Would you be happy earning 50,000 your first year? A lot of our reps here at Paycom make over 100,000 their first year and the following years they make 300,000 and above. If you're content making 50,000 a year how do we know you will have the ambition and drive to work hard enough to make 100,00 and beyond?   View Answer
    The salary was already stated so i didn't negotiate salary.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Human Capital Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. I was not currently looking, but the compensation plan peaked my interest. She scheduled a phone interview to talk more about the opportunity. During the phone interview we just discussed the opportunity and what my career goals were. Next was an in person interview with the office Sales Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and we just talked about life and career goals as well as my sales experience. Afterward I was contacted by the internal Paycom recruiter to setup a time to Phone Canvass. The expectation was to set 3 appointments off cold calls in the 3-1/2 hour period. It gives you a really good grasp of what the job is going to be like and what is expected of you. As soon as I booked my appointments I spoke with the Sales Manager to answer any questions I had and discuss how it went and then I was taken out to lunch by one of the Sales Representatives in the office. After we returned I was ushered on to a video interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he probed about my resume and previous experiences as well as shared his goals for the organization, it provided an incredible view into the sales organization of the company. After the interview with the CSO I was invited to stay the afternoon to listen to their sales call and at that time offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to a salary, what do you think is a lot of money?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.

Recruiting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2011.

It is a challenge to get on board with Paycom and that is by design. Some companies will hire anybody just to fill a seat. Paycom has extremely high standards!! As a customer you can feel confident that your data and information is in good hands. We don't mess around with any piece of the process. It may seem a little long on the number of interview steps, but if you are honored with an offer you will understand why. It is a big job and we fiercely compete for top talent in every department. Also, I now see that Paycom spends a ton of time and money making sure they get the right people - multiple step interview processes are way more of a pain for the company than the candidate! The managers have to take more time out of their busy day the team takes time to meet and spend time and then they run an extensive background. Oh and they really do check your references where as some companies just say they do. They really do verify your degree and you really do have to take a drug test.

Managers are early in their careers and committed to your success. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about Paycom, you can see that they really do promote on talent not tenure. I wanted a company that I didn't have to wait to make a difference!

If you want to have a career at Paycom you better be prepared, listen and bring your "A" game at all times. They ONLY want the people who play to win.

Interview Questions
    • I have numerous qualified candidates fighting for this opportunity, why should I hire you?   View Answer
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire most and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations in many departments it is a set compensation to start. However, many of the positions within the company are performance based so just get the yes and you get to drive your success from there.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

The hiring process is definitely challenging, but it helped me understand what to expect with this position. I talked with a corporate recruiter to learn about the opening, and she was very candid with me on what to expect. Looking back, I knew this wasn't going to be easy - but I am always up for a challenge. I met with the local sales manager, and I just knew her drive and passion for success was something I wanted to be apart of. She had talked to me about her success, but told me about the challenges that she and her teams have faced. I really appreciated what she was telling me. I came in for a 4-hour prospecting session and worked with her and the team to set the appointments. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but from the support of everyone in the office - I was able to accomplish it. The final interview was with the Regional Manager - he was very straight forward and asked great questions. I knew Paycom was where I wanted to be. I know that not every interview process is not like this, but I truly think if you are looking for a challenge - you have to check out Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • It isn't any certain question they asked - you have to be prepared for the prospecting portion. Get with your recruiter and talk to the manager about how you can best prepare. I am definitely someone who doesn't back away from a challenge. If you are like that, apply at Paycom!   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!

Ncs Administration Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paycom.

phone contact, in person interview with recruiter, supervisor and manager. Thorough background and credit check. Will send you excel and personality test. Will also do more testing in the office before your interview. Math and Logic test

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? Why did you leave your last employer? How do you think you can help the company? Are you good at details? What are you good at? What skills do you have? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question
    no negotiations