Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

3.3

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

May 12, 2014Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Human Capital Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

$50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom.

The first communication was a short phone interview that lasted around 15 or so. The recruiter just asked some basic questions abo how I heard of the job, why I wanted to leave my current job and the went over briefly the position and compensation. Around 2 days later I was then called again and set up a face to face interview. The recruiter stated that I should show up at least 15 minutes before so I would have enough time to complete the 12 minute Wonderlic test. I was then placed into a small room with a desk and a computer and was told about the Wonderlic and a few tips; like only spend 10-12 seconds on each question. They seem to be looking at how quickly you can finish the test than how accurate you can be. I was not able to use a calculator or other material besides a pen and paper that they provided to me. Once I finished the test I was shown to another small interview room and was seated and spoke with manger and team leader. The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

I personally would be taking a pay cut along with less 401k matching and less PTO starting off. I also was not really wowed by anything I saw or anyone I was introduced to.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Client Relations Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. I was not currently looking, but the compensation plan peaked my interest. She scheduled a phone interview to talk more about the opportunity. During the phone interview we just discussed the opportunity and what my career goals were. Next was an in person interview with the office Sales Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and we just talked about life and career goals as well as my sales experience. Afterward I was contacted by the internal Paycom recruiter to setup a time to Phone Canvass. The expectation was to set 3 appointments off cold calls in the 3-1/2 hour period. It gives you a really good grasp of what the job is going to be like and what is expected of you. As soon as I booked my appointments I spoke with the Sales Manager to answer any questions I had and discuss how it went and then I was taken out to lunch by one of the Sales Representatives in the office. After we returned I was ushered on to a video interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he probed about my resume and previous experiences as well as shared his goals for the organization, it provided an incredible view into the sales organization of the company. After the interview with the CSO I was invited to stay the afternoon to listen to their sales call and at that time offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to a salary, what do you think is a lot of money?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.