Paycom

147 candidate interviews

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant
Lewisville, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details – This had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever encountered. The manager was about 10 minutes late, it lasted all of 10 minutes, and not only did he not ask me any questions about my background, but whenever he did decide to speak up he wouldn't even look me in the eye. He said he did have a concern that I was coming from Pharmaceutical Sales and the sales are different, but sir...look at my resume, I clearly had the experience in transactional sales, way more than my 2 years in pharma. I closed for the next steps at the end of the interview and his response was, "its too early to tell" but got received a rejection email the next morning. I would have declined the offer, anyway.

Jun 26, 2013

We sincerely apologize for your experience and are working to ensure this is a one-time scenario.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Interviewed and was then given a verbal offer for a position. Days later head recruiter calls and stated there was not a spot available for me and best of luck in my job search.

Had to travel twice to the office for an interview

Interview Question – Are you a hunter?   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Question – Who is your Lex Luther?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went with another company.

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details – Not getting an offer from Paycom was a blessing in disguise; within 5 minutes into the interview I could tell I did not want to work for this company. My interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I could tell right off the bat she did not like me. If they treat you like this during an interview how are they going to treat you when you are an employee? She also did her very best to drive me into a corner while answering questions. I understand this is to see how people respond under pressure, but she was just rude. I see from other comments people have experienced the same problem, so I do not fault myself, I was prepared for the interview. The interviewer was not prepared to listen.

Interview Question – None- general questions, tell me why you are interested in sales, your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details – The interview process I took part in was close to 8 weeks long. I had a first interview scheduled, and it was then rescheduled twice within the next 2 weeks. I finally received a first interview over 2 weeks later from when I was told they were interested in setting up a first interview. This was very unfortunate, because AFTER going through the entire phone canvassing and even NEXT interview process 2 weeks later, I was THEN told 1 week later that I would not be getting the offer (May I add that I even made the 3 appointment requirement). Very frustrating that I was led on throughout the whole process and it wasted 7 weeks of my time while I even have a full-time job.

Interview Question – The phone canvassing part was the most difficult, but also gave you a great feeling of what the job is going to be like. Although, DO NOT give your hopes up even if you schedule the 3 minimal appointments.   Answer Question

May 12, 2014

Thank you for your response and we apologize that you felt the process was lengthy. We do our very best to work with every candidates schedule, especially those that are working full-time, and the ... More

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Outside B2B Sales Representative

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details – Paycom takes its time when interviewing candidates that they may hire. They are a selective company and should be. The people on their team are very friendly and work very hard as well. These people SELL. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to interview, canvass calling sessions, a teleconference, and a cold-calling session as well.

Interview Question – The most difficult piece of the interview was when I was asked to do cold-calling in person without knowing that would be part of the interview. I enjoyed it and appreciate the experience.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Question – Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2013

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in October 2012.

Interview Details – If you feel like the base salary is too good to be true… that’s because it is. I went to this interview, seemed like a shell of an office with not many people at all, just a big empty space. It was dull and depressing... You only need a 2.5gpa to get this job… if your desperate go for it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for paycom   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom in July 2009.

Interview Details – They triple booked the meeting, and then rushed me in and out of the office. I was seen by someone in mid-20's who was very unimpressive. When I went to the job fair, had spoken with the regional manager - well above the guy who opted not to continue thre process with me. Hit it off with the RM..don't know why they then had my interview with an idiot.