Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.3

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was short and painless. Went through staffing agency and had mix up with if I was hired or not and came in on wrong start date. I interviewed with 2 separate people. Both were very friendly.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process! Phone interview, in person interview and shadowing. They made sure to go into detail about their expectations, job requirements and give me a tour. I felt very welcome even before joining the team. Paycom is very good about making sure it a good fit for both parties. They want people to join their team who want to be here.

New Client Setup Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Testing was done on site, interview and final interview completed back to back. Offer was contingent on background and drug screening. Recruiter kept me involved in each step of the process. Once I was cleared I recieved confirmation and was given my start date. This was a very smooth process.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Challenging yet very helpful for understanding the role...Several levels of screening and a cold calling session to demonstrate the ability to set quality appointments. This definitely pushed my comfort level but I think it is an excellent metric for both the company and applicant in determining a whether the role is a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Where does your motivation come from?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by the hiring manager. We had about a 20-30 minute phone conversation and she asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview with her, a team lead and to meet the team. I came in to interview that next Monday evening and met with the team lead and shadowed another recruiter for a little bit. I was there for about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your goals? What keeps you motivated? Why Paycom?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question

Team Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a couple of different positions & received a call from a recruiter within a couple of days. She asked me a few questions about my background on the phone. At the conclusion of the call she sent me an email with a typing test, 10 key test, excel test, & a personality assessment. I was contacted the next day after completing these and offered an interview for a different position than I had applied for based on my test scores & I was set up for an interview. I had to take a reasoning & math assessment when I came in and was told if I didn't score high enough I would be interviewed for a different position. I scored high enough & had roughly a 10 min interview where I was asked about previous work history, future plans, etc. I was told I would receive a call or email in the next business day or so. The next day I was contacted for a second interview with the department head. That interview was more in depth and lasted around 25 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview my recruiter came in & offered me a job offer contingent upon a background, credit, & drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to Paycom over other companies?   1 Answer

Paycom Response

Jun 15, 2015 – Representative

Thank for sharing the details of your experience!

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2015.

Interview

This was the strangest interview I have ever been a part of. When my interviewer saw that I had a list of several questions prepared, he stopped interviewing me and had me just ask my questions. He then proceeded to dodge most of them. When I asked about the characteristics of management in the company, his response was, "Why would you need to know that? What if I was the worst manager in the country but you could still pay cash for a Range Rover?" Well, then I'd be an unhappy person in a pointless car. It made me very uneasy. He asked several other questions around that theme, "What if you were constantly micromanaged but made 200k?" "What if I was a great mentor but you could only make 70k?"

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be the best performer on the worst team or a middle performer on the best team?   3 Answers

Paycom Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Representative

We appreciate all feedback, and will use this as a means to improve the interview processes. Also, this is not the norm, as our managers are trained on best practices. We are sorry they were not ... More

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

First, a couple of phone interviews from the recruiter. The recruiter explained the process in-depth, letting me know there would be a drug screening and credit check if chosen. Then a 1-1 typical on-site interview of job related questions was conducted in which I showed an online portfolio.

Interview Questions

• To show a previous application I helped develop.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question