Paycom

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.3

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom in August 2011.

I applied online for a new client setup postition and was called by a recruiter a few days later. I answered some general behavioral questions and took a few assessments. After the assessments came in, they told me I would be a better fit for Paycom Specialist. I was excited to hear about the fast growth and pay increases, so I agreed to interview. I came in and took another assessment prior to my interview. I had the chance to speak to a supervisor and manager in the department and was offered on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help your company.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I knew the salary up front.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

The hiring process is definitely challenging, but it helped me understand what to expect with this position. I talked with a corporate recruiter to learn about the opening, and she was very candid with me on what to expect. Looking back, I knew this wasn't going to be easy - but I am always up for a challenge. I met with the local sales manager, and I just knew her drive and passion for success was something I wanted to be apart of. She had talked to me about her success, but told me about the challenges that she and her teams have faced. I really appreciated what she was telling me. I came in for a 4-hour prospecting session and worked with her and the team to set the appointments. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but from the support of everyone in the office - I was able to accomplish it. The final interview was with the Regional Manager - he was very straight forward and asked great questions. I knew Paycom was where I wanted to be. I know that not every interview process is not like this, but I truly think if you are looking for a challenge - you have to check out Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • It isn't any certain question they asked - you have to be prepared for the prospecting portion. Get with your recruiter and talk to the manager about how you can best prepare. I am definitely someone who doesn't back away from a challenge. If you are like that, apply at Paycom!   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.

Recruiting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2011.

It is a challenge to get on board with Paycom and that is by design. Some companies will hire anybody just to fill a seat. Paycom has extremely high standards!! As a customer you can feel confident that your data and information is in good hands. We don't mess around with any piece of the process. It may seem a little long on the number of interview steps, but if you are honored with an offer you will understand why. It is a big job and we fiercely compete for top talent in every department. Also, I now see that Paycom spends a ton of time and money making sure they get the right people - multiple step interview processes are way more of a pain for the company than the candidate! The managers have to take more time out of their busy day the team takes time to meet and spend time and then they run an extensive background. Oh and they really do check your references where as some companies just say they do. They really do verify your degree and you really do have to take a drug test.

Managers are early in their careers and committed to your success. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about Paycom, you can see that they really do promote on talent not tenure. I wanted a company that I didn't have to wait to make a difference!

If you want to have a career at Paycom you better be prepared, listen and bring your "A" game at all times. They ONLY want the people who play to win.

Interview Questions
    • I have numerous qualified candidates fighting for this opportunity, why should I hire you?   View Answer
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire most and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations in many departments it is a set compensation to start. However, many of the positions within the company are performance based so just get the yes and you get to drive your success from there.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom in May 2014.

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions
    • All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Recruiter reaches out for a phone interview and then sends a data entry style test to get speed and accuracy benchmark. On site interview is done with a supervisor level then passed for a final interview. Drug test and background checks are the final step. Extremely thorough and challenging but overall a great experience. Recruiter did a great job of walking me through what to expect which each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer Paycom that others who have applied for the job don't? Why should we offer you the job? Why are you leaving your current employer? What is the most challenging customer service experience you have encountered this year?   Answer Question

Client Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

This interview process left me with a very bad impression of the company. I was contacted by a recruiter who tried very hard to sell the company and did give me a lot of information. I researched it thinking it was a sales scam but saw, mainly through Glassdoor, that they had a good reputation and paid well. I jumped through hoops during the interview process. Woke up a 5 AM to accommodate a phone interview for example. Not a big deal since I know that is what needs to be done to impress them. I made it all the way to the final stage. However, despite all the time I spent with them interviewing and that I was found through a recruiter, whose sole job is to find people and follow through with them, I never got the respect of a call or email telling me I had not gotten the job. It turned out for the best because I accepted another position and don't think I would have been happy at PayCom but I wanted to share my experience because I feel this sort of treatment of people says a lot about a company's values.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. I was not currently looking, but the compensation plan peaked my interest. She scheduled a phone interview to talk more about the opportunity. During the phone interview we just discussed the opportunity and what my career goals were. Next was an in person interview with the office Sales Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and we just talked about life and career goals as well as my sales experience. Afterward I was contacted by the internal Paycom recruiter to setup a time to Phone Canvass. The expectation was to set 3 appointments off cold calls in the 3-1/2 hour period. It gives you a really good grasp of what the job is going to be like and what is expected of you. As soon as I booked my appointments I spoke with the Sales Manager to answer any questions I had and discuss how it went and then I was taken out to lunch by one of the Sales Representatives in the office. After we returned I was ushered on to a video interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he probed about my resume and previous experiences as well as shared his goals for the organization, it provided an incredible view into the sales organization of the company. After the interview with the CSO I was invited to stay the afternoon to listen to their sales call and at that time offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to a salary, what do you think is a lot of money?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation