Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, first of all I applied for Administrative Assistant, I was then told I would instead be interviewing for Paycom Specialist. So, I did my research and prepared my interview around that position. However once I get to the interview I am told I am to take a math test, which I was not previously informed on. After not scoring high enough I was then being interviewed for yet another new position, completely ruining my preparation for the interview. During the interview there were two employees, one didn't speak the entire time and instead just stared at me. I was asked, "what do you want to do with your life" I gave them an honest answer, I want to eventually go back to school and work in the non-profit sector. After the interview was over the employee offered a second interview but then went on to say that I need to think about my answer on what I want do with my life and that I need to seriously think about that. Was that answer not good enough? Is that not a good thing to want to do in life?

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015Representative

We apologize for your experience, and commend you for your interview preparation. We appreciate all feedback, and have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. Your honesty is respected and ... More

New Client Setup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone a day after applying by a recruiter. I was directed to take 3 assessment tests. I took a 10 key test, typing test and an excel test. I did well on each. I signed an agreement that I had no felonies or traffic violations. The recruiter called back the same day and set up an interview. Upon arriving, I took a math and reasoning test which was fairly easy. It was timed. I was interviewed by two people separately and then the recruiter came in and offered me the job contigent upon a drug screen, background check, credit check, and reference checks. I received an email the same day as the interview regarding a medical collection against me and was asked by HR to address it. I received a phone call the next day stating they were retracting the offer due to my credit report.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015Representative

As you noted, we are upfront regarding our hiring contingencies. We are a client focused organization, and do everything we can to protect their data integrity. Because of that, we have high ... More

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about 2 months later. Corporate recruiter contacted me by phone and did preliminary interview. Went online to perform skills test evaluation. After the skills evaluation they contacted me to schedule in person interview. Over the phone they also asked what I currently did at my present job and why did I want to leave my current place of employment to work forPaycom.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015Representative

Thank you for your comment. As a high-growth company, we routinely post positions where we know future demand exists. We are proud of our growth and forecast accordingly in order to keep all areas ... More

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to, however when I came in to interview with the manager it was awful. She didn't want to talk about the position much. Really poor social skills. I knew I wasn't getting the job just by her attitude but there wasn't anything that I did wrong. It's hard to explain.....very weird experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2015Representative

We apologize for your experience and have sent your comments to members of our senior leadership team. We will use this feedback as a means to improve processes.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Bloomington, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. They connected me to them directly. I was asked thoroughly about sales success in the past before the interview. Frankly, the sales internship I had before was not successful. But I made this clear to the staffing agency who was handling the exchange. I then went in for an in-person interview with the sales manager of the office. To be fair, I don't think she received my sales success information, but she shut me down almost immediately for lack of sales success. If this is the kind of personality and sales structure that Paycom exemplifies in their sales managers, I'm glad I didn't move on. It's a lot of money to drive two hours for an interview to be shut down almost immediately. It's shameful. I honestly just wish they were more respectful in the interview process because candidates matter too and can take their skills elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Talk me through resume, sales experiences, etc   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2015Representative

We value all of our candidates time, and apologize for any lack of communication between the staffing agency and our sales manager. This is not the norm, as our managers participate in recruitment ... More

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The process was promising and inviting. Good follow up and guide to the interview. Interview was done by Department topshots.
    The interview felt like a ritual they were tired of doing. Enthusiasm was not high on their part all through and it wasn't Friday.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after finding my resume on Monster.com and thought I would be a perfect fit for the CRR position at Paycom. She sent my information over to the internal recruiter at Paycom and had that person get in contact with me to set up a phone interview. We agreed on February 6th which was a Friday and I never heard from her. The following week, I received an email asking to set up another phone interview at another time early in the morning. The interview went well and we scheduled the 2nd phone interview which would then be with the CRR manager the following day. I prepared and followed all instructions online filling out a detailed application and questionnaire. Before I began to prepare for the 2nd phone interview, I received an email telling me that the Irvine CRR position had been filled and asking if I'd like to work in the LA office which is about 2 hours away. I politely declined because of the distance and commute, but asked to keep my information on file in case of any opportunities. Immediately, an opportunity arose for a transition/training position in Irvine. Unfortunately, I am looking for a sales/marketing career and I am not interested. The interview process was not very organized and lacked concern for the employee's best interest.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 23, 2015Representative

We’re disappointed to hear your experience wasn't positive. We value your time and are sorry to hear about this. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question