Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.3

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Interview

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The first communication was a short phone interview that lasted around 15 or so. The recruiter just asked some basic questions abo how I heard of the job, why I wanted to leave my current job and the went over briefly the position and compensation. Around 2 days later I was then called again and set up a face to face interview. The recruiter stated that I should show up at least 15 minutes before so I would have enough time to complete the 12 minute Wonderlic test. I was then placed into a small room with a desk and a computer and was told about the Wonderlic and a few tips; like only spend 10-12 seconds on each question. They seem to be looking at how quickly you can finish the test than how accurate you can be. I was not able to use a calculator or other material besides a pen and paper that they provided to me. Once I finished the test I was shown to another small interview room and was seated and spoke with manger and team leader. The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

I personally would be taking a pay cut along with less 401k matching and less PTO starting off. I also was not really wowed by anything I saw or anyone I was introduced to.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. I was not currently looking, but the compensation plan peaked my interest. She scheduled a phone interview to talk more about the opportunity. During the phone interview we just discussed the opportunity and what my career goals were. Next was an in person interview with the office Sales Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and we just talked about life and career goals as well as my sales experience. Afterward I was contacted by the internal Paycom recruiter to setup a time to Phone Canvass. The expectation was to set 3 appointments off cold calls in the 3-1/2 hour period. It gives you a really good grasp of what the job is going to be like and what is expected of you. As soon as I booked my appointments I spoke with the Sales Manager to answer any questions I had and discuss how it went and then I was taken out to lunch by one of the Sales Representatives in the office. After we returned I was ushered on to a video interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he probed about my resume and previous experiences as well as shared his goals for the organization, it provided an incredible view into the sales organization of the company. After the interview with the CSO I was invited to stay the afternoon to listen to their sales call and at that time offered the job.

Interview Questions

• In regards to a salary, what do you think is a lot of money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2011.

Interview

It is a challenge to get on board with Paycom and that is by design. Some companies will hire anybody just to fill a seat. Paycom has extremely high standards!! As a customer you can feel confident that your data and information is in good hands. We don't mess around with any piece of the process. It may seem a little long on the number of interview steps, but if you are honored with an offer you will understand why. It is a big job and we fiercely compete for top talent in every department. Also, I now see that Paycom spends a ton of time and money making sure they get the right people - multiple step interview processes are way more of a pain for the company than the candidate! The managers have to take more time out of their busy day the team takes time to meet and spend time and then they run an extensive background. Oh and they really do check your references where as some companies just say they do. They really do verify your degree and you really do have to take a drug test.

Managers are early in their careers and committed to your success. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about Paycom, you can see that they really do promote on talent not tenure. I wanted a company that I didn't have to wait to make a difference!

If you want to have a career at Paycom you better be prepared, listen and bring your "A" game at all times. They ONLY want the people who play to win.

Interview Questions

• I have numerous qualified candidates fighting for this opportunity, why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire most and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations in many departments it is a set compensation to start. However, many of the positions within the company are performance based so just get the yes and you get to drive your success from there.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is definitely challenging, but it helped me understand what to expect with this position. I talked with a corporate recruiter to learn about the opening, and she was very candid with me on what to expect. Looking back, I knew this wasn't going to be easy - but I am always up for a challenge. I met with the local sales manager, and I just knew her drive and passion for success was something I wanted to be apart of. She had talked to me about her success, but told me about the challenges that she and her teams have faced. I really appreciated what she was telling me. I came in for a 4-hour prospecting session and worked with her and the team to set the appointments. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but from the support of everyone in the office - I was able to accomplish it. The final interview was with the Regional Manager - he was very straight forward and asked great questions. I knew Paycom was where I wanted to be. I know that not every interview process is not like this, but I truly think if you are looking for a challenge - you have to check out Paycom.

Interview Questions

• It isn't any certain question they asked - you have to be prepared for the prospecting portion. Get with your recruiter and talk to the manager about how you can best prepare. I am definitely someone who doesn't back away from a challenge. If you are like that, apply at Paycom!   1 Answer

Ncs Administration Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

phone contact, in person interview with recruiter, supervisor and manager. Thorough background and credit check. Will send you excel and personality test. Will also do more testing in the office before your interview. Math and Logic test

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why did you leave your last employer? How do you think you can help the company? Are you good at details? What are you good at? What skills do you have? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is as advertised here on glassdoor, challenging and yet rewarding if you make it through like I did. They look for the best which is a big reason why the company is growing to what it is. I've heard a stat (not sure if its true or not) that they hire only 4% of all interviewing applicants for sales representatives which means they have a ton of people applying. And while a lot are probably applying with no chance at the job which helps that stat still there are tons of qualified applicants that get turned down because they cant make it through the gauntlet or do bad on making their appointments in the final interviewing process or various other reasons I'm sure.

Overall it was very rewarding getting the job offer and I was very happy to accept.