Paycom

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2009.

They seem to be more interested in what's on your resume rather than actually talking to the candidate to learn about them. The sales manager asked me 2-3 questions and sat there reading my resume most of the time. That is either poor interview preparation on her part or just a lack of interviewing skills altogether. The interview was only 15 minutes long and there was no value at all in driving down to their office to watch someone read my resume in front of me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2013Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in October 2012.

If you feel like the base salary is too good to be true… that’s because it is. I went to this interview, seemed like a shell of an office with not many people at all, just a big empty space. It was dull and depressing... You only need a 2.5gpa to get this job… if your desperate go for it.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2011.

I received a call from the recruiter, nice guy, scheduled in a face to face in Irvine, California. The day comes for the big interview in which I so diligently prepared and the door is locked; I knock, no one answers. I call the recruiter and he gives me the number to my interviewer for me to call to have her open the door...OK, cool, kinda weird, but whatever. The interview begins and the interviewer couldn't be more uninterested and distracted. I was asked NO questions regarding sales, none! She asked me "Who I admire the most" and went over my resume and college education. She wasn't interested about the statement on my resume about how I made my current company almost half a million dollars (verifiable) in revenue in a single quarter in 2010. I honestly think I was interviewed because she was forced to. As awkwardly as the interview began it was over. She had a meeting to go to, she told me.
    The interview was simple and I nailed it. In short, I'm a good interviewer and I nailed her questions, not that they were challenging, especially the one at the end when they ask you, "Do you have any questions for me"? For those who don't know, this is the time to close the deal, or interview rather.

After the interview, I called the recruiter and we chatted about the interview, good conversation. He says he'll call me the next day to let me know how it went and give me information about the next interview. He never does. If fact I didn't hear a word form him for over two weeks despite my attempts to contact him. I ended up having to call my interviewer to get some closure as I had other offers standing by but was really wanting to work for Paycom. She was surprisingly awkward on the phone, not what you you'd expect from a sales manager, and told me their offices in Oklahoma were interrupted due to the recent inclement weather and she would email him. I didn't hear from them for a few more days to receive an email from a man in their HR department whom I've never spoken with telling me I didn't get the job. Paycom is very unprofessional and might be stepping on their own feet by creating a bad reputation stemming from their interviewees who may or may not have large personal networks of small business within Paycom's target geographical area of operation. Novel complete.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in July 2010.

1:1 interview. Then you do a 4 hour tryout where you cold call companies. Then there is a phone interview with a manager. Then you do a webcam chat with the CEO.

I stopped after the initial 1:1 interview because the guy interviewing me couldn't care less about what I had to say. He was a salesman, not somebody in HR who is responsible for hiring people. The guy was very unimpressive and gave me no reason to join the company.

All in all, huge waste of time.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom in May 2011.

1 on 1, phone interview with regional manager, phone canvasing, ceo. Overall, their process for interviewing is good. However, there is little feedback and if you have experience in sales it seems like you have little shot at the opportunity. Must be a college grad or little sales experience. Zero feedback from a seemingly inexperienced manager. Seemed to be a good place to work, but don't expect a professional interview process until you move on later in the rounds.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about sales?   Answer Question
    • Explain a two month gap in your job search years out of college?? How did you pay your bills?   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in June 2010.

I got the job interview through a recruiter who was very nice and informative about the job opportunity. i usually do not go to sales interviews but this one offered a 30,000 base salary so I decided to go. The interview was very short and no one really cared to answer my questions. It seemed like they were not interested in me from the beginning

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

I applied online, sent them a copy of my resume and filled out a series of online forms. I received an email after they tried to call me a few times. (Foolishly, I didn't set up a voice mailbox.) We talked on the phone briefly when I called them back. We talked about the job requirements and I briefly explained some of the stuff on my resume. They offered me an on-site interview, and a few days after the interview, I received a phone call with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't really ask me anything that difficult. He simply asked me about relevant coursework and I told him about the programming classes I took.   Answer Question

The workplace regulations were a bit too strict for me. They seemed to enforce a dress code.

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for your feedback and best of luck as you begin your career. Do keep in mind that most companies will have some form of a dress code policy and at Paycom ours is business casual.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

A recruiter set me up for, what looked like, a great opportunity. Seems to have great online presence, base salary and commission structure. I was 15 minutes early to the interview... He was 45 minutes late and called me by the wrong name... (life happens... no worries). After giving me a speech on how every interview should have an equal amount of time and shows no favorites... he then asked me pointed questions and belittled my current company. After all was said and done he told me, "looks like you have some current business to take care of, here is my card... call me when your 100% ready" ... over the weekend had time to process and decided to call. called him over 10 times, left voice mails and messages... no response.

Very unprofessional. Not living up to your word is the point; Lack of credibility. this is only 1 manager at 1 branch... hope others have a better experience.

Nov 19, 2013Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom in July 2010.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. This company uses the interview process for free labor. After the intial interview you go for a 4 hour cold calling session in which you have to get 3 people to meet with you about a product that you can not discuss. After the interview I did some research and saw that they did this to a lot of people.