Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.3

Interview

Paycom takes its time when interviewing candidates that they may hire. They are a selective company and should be. The people on their team are very friendly and work very hard as well. These people SELL. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to interview, canvass calling sessions, a teleconference, and a cold-calling session as well.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult piece of the interview was when I was asked to do cold-calling in person without knowing that would be part of the interview. I enjoyed it and appreciate the experience.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I applied for Customer Support Specialist. I was called the following day, and had a short phone interview. The recruiter sent me a standard typing & excel test. She also sent me a "survey questionnaire" where you disclose if you have anything on your record(even speeding tickets). The recruiter called me to set up an interview for that Friday. She was talking so fast it was almost impossible to understand her. She informed me I would be interviewing for "Paycom Specialist/Team Support Specialist" neither of which I applied for. I did all my research on those positions. At the interview, they make you take a wonderlic test. I apparently didn't score high enough for them. Evidently, if I don't know if Roger is taller than Sue, I won't make a good customer support specialist. She then told me I can interview for a different position-Garnish Specialist. Obviously, I wasn't prepared to speak about that position. I found it to be extremely unprofessional & difficult to speak about a position I didn't know I would be interviewing for so I wasn't able to prepare. The manager was nice enough and kept saying "good" or "great" after everything I said. It appeared to have gone well. He ended the interview saying I probably wouldn't hear back that day because it was Friday, but I would hear back Monday or Tuesday. I never heard back from the recruiter. I even emailed her and was completely ignored. I find that so unprofessional. I'm sure this is a great company but they do things unprofessionally so be aware. heartheheabawoTuessaid

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was nice, but seemed to be very tense. She didn't ask me any difficult questions. We spent about 45 minutes talking. Paycom wants to see that you are really into sales and have a background of customer service or sales. It wasn't stressful. I saw many young people working in the office. I had impression that the company is not hiring people older than 30.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy. For example: "Where do you want to be in five years?" or "Why do you want to work for us?".   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions

• All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   1 Answer

Paycom Response

Feb 26, 2015 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional company. During my first interview other employees in the office were doing planks and walls squats with rap music blasting in the background. After my interview, I was invited back for a second, which would be done via web conference. They rescheduled twice and then cancelled. I found this very unprofessional, considering I took time off of work so I could conduct the conference in privacy.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Aug 7, 2013 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

If you feel like the base salary is too good to be true… that’s because it is. I went to this interview, seemed like a shell of an office with not many people at all, just a big empty space. It was dull and depressing... You only need a 2.5gpa to get this job… if your desperate go for it.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paycom in July 2009.

Interview

They triple booked the meeting, and then rushed me in and out of the office. I was seen by someone in mid-20's who was very unimpressive. When I went to the job fair, had spoken with the regional manager - well above the guy who opted not to continue thre process with me. Hit it off with the RM..don't know why they then had my interview with an idiot.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

They seem to be more interested in what's on your resume rather than actually talking to the candidate to learn about them. The sales manager asked me 2-3 questions and sat there reading my resume most of the time. That is either poor interview preparation on her part or just a lack of interviewing skills altogether. The interview was only 15 minutes long and there was no value at all in driving down to their office to watch someone read my resume in front of me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PayCom?   1 Answer

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Current Sales Executive in Denver, CO

Pros: “Paycom is an incredible organization that truly buys into your success. Since joining the organization back in early 2014 I have been given the tools to be successful through hands on...”“Paycom is an incredible organization that truly buys into your success. Since joining the organization back in early 2014 I have been given the tools to be successful through hands on training by our VP of Sales. After you complete your baseline training your manager goes on appointments with you and shows you the ropes. The mentorship and leadership shown by my manager has allowed for me to be successful. The compensation and benefit packages are not capped so you truly control your success. The key to being successful at Paycom is learning, constantly improving yourself and being patient. While success can be accomplished quickly it typically takes around a year to reach your goals. However, it is all worth it once you reach your goals/dreams. Another incredible opportunity is Presidents Club. Paycom is an opportunity that could change your life if you have the drive to succeed and the grit to fight through the challenges that arise.” – Full Review