Paycom

144 candidate interviews

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Interview Details – I contacted a recruiter about the position and was told that I had a solid background for the position and setup an in-person interview at the office in Chicago with the Sales Manager. My first interview was straight forward, pretty basic questions. Tell me about a time... Why are you a good fit for Paycom?

Made it to the second round and had a webcam interview with the regional sales manager. Much more thorough of an interview, really checking to see why you want to sell payroll and work for them. I sold myself and was moved on to a phone canvassing session back in the Chicago office.

I showed up on a Friday morning for a 4 hour cold calling session. You are given a list of numbers to call, a brief script to practice with prior and left to your own devices. They expect you to land 3 confirmed appointments in 4 hours, which is incredibly difficult in that industry. I went on to cold call and land THREE appointments in the allotted time.

The recruiter reached out to me a few days later and told me they were going with someone else. I recommend following up and really getting to know the people in the office you visit as best you can. I feel like they have a strong influence on your hiring managers decision.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell payroll?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially you will be contacted by a recruiter or you can do what I did and call the recruiter directly. They look over your resume and they have you apply online. Based on your answers online you will be classified into how interested they are in you. If you are what they are looking for they will have you interview with a local office manager. If that goes well you will interview with a regional. If you pass that they will bring you in for a phone canvassing trial. They give you 4 hours to set 3 appointments cold calling. Just keep calm and don't get stressed or anxious, if you are decent on the phone you shouldn't have any issues. If you pass this phase you will interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he will give his recommendation. If all of this goes well you have to pass a background check that includes DMV driving record, drug screening, felony check and don't lie on your resume because they will check all of that. It's a pretty in depth process but if you get the job you know you a qualified employee and they want to invest in you and watch you unleash your potential.

Interview Question – Are you excited about earning a 50,000 salary fresh out of college? Would you be happy earning 50,000 your first year? A lot of our reps here at Paycom make over 100,000 their first year and the following years they make 300,000 and above. If you're content making 50,000 a year how do we know you will have the ambition and drive to work hard enough to make 100,00 and beyond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary was already stated so i didn't negotiate salary.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is extremely thorough, but well worth it for the caliber of job duties and people you'll be working around. Paycom hires some outstanding individuals and they have the ability to do so because the rewards are great. There were approximately 6 steps in the process: An initial phone screen with a recruiter, an interview with the hiring manager, a second interview with a regional manager, a ride-along with your potential team, a phone-canvassing session in which you must demonstrate that you can successfully set three appointments, and then a final interview with a C-Level exec.

The process is very intense, and you may move forward in the process to the next level in the same day if you do well. Overall the process moves very quickly. The recruiter I had, Kathryn, was amazing, and did an excellent job of preparing me for each and every step.

Overall this was a great interview process!

Interview Question – I came in under an unusual career change for this position, so my most difficult questions came out of how I might have prepared myself for the position, having not come from a sales background. Be ready for this. They want to make sure you have prepared well in your time leading up to the possibility of stepping into a very challenging position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview went pretty well, I had thought. The interviewer did seem to rush through the questions a little bit, and maybe that was because she made her mind up pretty hastily. I mentioned that I wanted to work in order to make money and be able to do things, and I think she took my use of the phrase "work/life balance" to mean that I wanted a ton of vacation time. If I were to guess, that misunderstanding would be why I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Question – Probably when she asked me if I was prepared to work more than forty hours a week, just because I would have thought that my previous answers made it clear that I was.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Question – I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Representative Interview

B2B Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

Interview Details – First of all you get a dedicated recruiter who truly cares about you and getting you to the next step; Kelsey was a rock star! Once you passed the recruiters initial questions there were 3 additional interviews, along with a phone canvassing session. Kelsey called me between each phase, answered all the questions I could possibly think of and would prepare me in any way possible. The 3 interviews were broken down by Manager, Regional and Chief Sales Officer. Each interviewer had their own style of questioning but answered all the questions I had, honestly! Also during this process it is a two way street, they are interviewing you but you are also interviewing them. Every person I met with did a fantastic job of being open and honest about the position and what to expect.

Interview Question – Why can't you fail?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter from their HQ in Oklahoma and we set up a phone interview for the following week at 2:15 pm. When the phone interview came around, they were 15 minutes late but all went well and I was advanced to the next round. Next, I had a webcam interview with one of the hiring managers. This interview was scheduled on a Monday at 4:00 pm. Yet again Paycom was late for their own interview at a time they scheduled! She was 20 minutes late to the interview and it may have been longer if I did not call my recruiter after 10 minutes of waiting idly by to ask her to remind the hiring manager.The interview went really well and before the meeting concluded I asked about next steps from here (i.e. what I could expect) and she told me that I was a great candidate, possessed good qualities, and that she was definitely going to advance me through the hiring process. She said she saw no reason why they wouldn't. She then went on to give me advice in preparing for the next round, which was the phone canvassing round. Before the interview came to an end, she said she would get in touch with my recruiter and that my recruiter would ask for my schedule so they could set up a time for the next interview. 4 days pass and I receive a rejection email from my recruiter. I immediately replied with confusion and told her exactly what the hiring manager told me and she responded back saying, "I'm Sorry. She decided to move forward with a candidate that was a better fit. Thanks for your interest." ...Really?! That is very ambiguous and horrible treatment. I'm glad I got to see the company for what they really were and did not advance, I wouldn't want to spend my time working with a company that can't treat people with respect. I should have seen the signs from the beginning...15 minutes late to a phone interview and 20 minutes late to the next interview, which I had to call and remind them of!

Interview Question – The interview process isn't that tough if you do your research and come prepared.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Jan 31, 2014

We do our very best to respect the time of every candidate that enters our process. Because we offer protected territories and don’t overstaff our markets, we only ask a select group to move onto the ... More

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Transition Specialist Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for this position over the phone by a corporate recruiter. He received my resume from another website and asked me to contact him if I was interested in learning more about the position. He emailed me a job description and a link to the company's website. I decided to contact him to learn more about the position. He proceeded to explain to me what the job would entail, a typical day for a TSR, and the salary and bonus structure. I was interested in coming in for an interview so he asked me to complete an Excel skills assessment, and fill out the job application for the position. Once I did so, he contacted me a set up an interview for the following Monday (all this took place within 48 hours). At the interview, I was asked to take another assessment on math and reasoning skills. It was only a 12' test and wasn't too difficult. I was then interviewed via webcam by 2 different directors. Both inquired about different aspects of my resume and then proceeded to ask me what my greatest strengths and my greatest weaknesses were. I asked a few questions of each of them and then concluded the interview. I did have to wait about 20 minutes for the second man to be available to interview me. I was then contacted the next day with good news. They wished to extend me an offer of employment and gave me a couple days to decide. Overall the interview process was good, and quick.

Interview Question – What would your previous employer say was your second greatest strength.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – There is enough information online to get a good understanding of what the job interview process will be like. Come prepared to wow the manager in a very short amount of time. You will only have a few moments to make an impression. Also, this is a very competitive company so expect there to be many well qualified people gunning for the same position.

Interview Question – Explain how you overcame a challenge at your previous job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom