Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process is as advertised here on glassdoor, challenging and yet rewarding if you make it through like I did. They look for the best which is a big reason why the company is growing to what it is. I've heard a stat (not sure if its true or not) that they hire only 4% of all interviewing applicants for sales representatives which means they have a ton of people applying. And while a lot are probably applying with no chance at the job which helps that stat still there are tons of qualified applicants that get turned down because they cant make it through the gauntlet or do bad on making their appointments in the final interviewing process or various other reasons I'm sure.

Overall it was very rewarding getting the job offer and I was very happy to accept.

Ncs Administration Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paycom.

phone contact, in person interview with recruiter, supervisor and manager. Thorough background and credit check. Will send you excel and personality test. Will also do more testing in the office before your interview. Math and Logic test

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? Why did you leave your last employer? How do you think you can help the company? Are you good at details? What are you good at? What skills do you have? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

The Paycom recruiter emailed me regarding what to expect for the face-to face interview in Portland, OR, which I was told not to bring anything. The manager interviewing me was double booked and had me sit in the conference room so he could print my resume. When it came to making regular conversation he was a great guy to talk to, but in the interview process I was bombarded with questions. I understand that this is an executive position. However, it seemed like her had pre-planned questions instead of asking me questions about my answers. One question was, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I said I would like to be an account executive for Paycom. After driving 50 minutes for an interview, this meeting lasted 15 minutes because he pictured me as an an "Account executive." Apparently they didn't like ambition

Customer Relations Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. She told me a bit more about the position, explained the training process and went over benefits and starting salary along with commission structure. We set up a time for a phone interview with a hiring manager. In total the interview lasted around 45 minutes. Standard interview questions were asked. The person interviewing me didn't have a copy of my resume nor had ever seen it, despite including it on the online application. I feel like it was a bit awkward explaining all my work experience over the phone in this way. The manager concluded the interview by explaining that the company doesn't simply hire to fill the role, but seeks out only the best candidates. "I'm not hiring anyone unless I believe they will be the best CRR in the Northeast." At this point, I felt it was safe to assume she did not feel this way about me. I received an email from the recruiter one week later thanking me for my time and that the company pursued other applicants.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom in January 2012.

Paycom is looking for passionate individuals that want to be successful. During the interview they want to know that you are familiar with the success of Paycom in the HCM industry. Sales experience isn't required, they just need to know that you are wanting success and will work for it! Prepare for an interview by researching the company, industry, and be prepared to sell yourself to your interviewer. Tell them why Paycom should hire you!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom in August 2011.

I applied online for a new client setup postition and was called by a recruiter a few days later. I answered some general behavioral questions and took a few assessments. After the assessments came in, they told me I would be a better fit for Paycom Specialist. I was excited to hear about the fast growth and pay increases, so I agreed to interview. I came in and took another assessment prior to my interview. I had the chance to speak to a supervisor and manager in the department and was offered on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to help your company.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I knew the salary up front.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

The hiring process is definitely challenging, but it helped me understand what to expect with this position. I talked with a corporate recruiter to learn about the opening, and she was very candid with me on what to expect. Looking back, I knew this wasn't going to be easy - but I am always up for a challenge. I met with the local sales manager, and I just knew her drive and passion for success was something I wanted to be apart of. She had talked to me about her success, but told me about the challenges that she and her teams have faced. I really appreciated what she was telling me. I came in for a 4-hour prospecting session and worked with her and the team to set the appointments. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but from the support of everyone in the office - I was able to accomplish it. The final interview was with the Regional Manager - he was very straight forward and asked great questions. I knew Paycom was where I wanted to be. I know that not every interview process is not like this, but I truly think if you are looking for a challenge - you have to check out Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • It isn't any certain question they asked - you have to be prepared for the prospecting portion. Get with your recruiter and talk to the manager about how you can best prepare. I am definitely someone who doesn't back away from a challenge. If you are like that, apply at Paycom!   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The interview process at Paycom was very extensive! They really only hire the best of the best to work for them! I had 3 offers on the table while interviewing with Paycom, and I still chose Paycom.

The first step was a face to face interview with the Austin sales manager, it was about 30-35 minutes.
    The second step was the prospecting step. I came in for a half morning from 8am-12:00pm and was able to meet the entire team and work 1 on 1 with the Austin sales manager. I jumped on the phones and started dialing in to companies to set up a time to drop off some information. I was told I needed to set 3 appointments, which I did! I loved this step because I was able to see, first hand exactly what I was getting myself in to. The culture of the Austin office was incredible! I came in and the sales professional there were so welcoming and willing to help me out. It was that moment that I knew I wanted to be a part of this great company.
    The final step was an interview with the regional VP, which was conducting via GoTo meeting. The final step lasted about 35 minutes as well.

My Paycom recruiter called me a few minutes after I left the office to check in with me and let me know she was offering me a position with Paycom. I couldn't have made it through the process without the help of my recruiter! Anytime I had a question, it was answered immediately and she was rooting for me the entire time! Very grateful to have been offered a position with Paycom.

Recruiting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2011.

It is a challenge to get on board with Paycom and that is by design. Some companies will hire anybody just to fill a seat. Paycom has extremely high standards!! As a customer you can feel confident that your data and information is in good hands. We don't mess around with any piece of the process. It may seem a little long on the number of interview steps, but if you are honored with an offer you will understand why. It is a big job and we fiercely compete for top talent in every department. Also, I now see that Paycom spends a ton of time and money making sure they get the right people - multiple step interview processes are way more of a pain for the company than the candidate! The managers have to take more time out of their busy day the team takes time to meet and spend time and then they run an extensive background. Oh and they really do check your references where as some companies just say they do. They really do verify your degree and you really do have to take a drug test.

Managers are early in their careers and committed to your success. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about Paycom, you can see that they really do promote on talent not tenure. I wanted a company that I didn't have to wait to make a difference!

If you want to have a career at Paycom you better be prepared, listen and bring your "A" game at all times. They ONLY want the people who play to win.

Interview Questions
    • I have numerous qualified candidates fighting for this opportunity, why should I hire you?   View Answer
    • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question
    • Who do you admire most and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiations in many departments it is a set compensation to start. However, many of the positions within the company are performance based so just get the yes and you get to drive your success from there.