Paycom

3.3

Client Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

This interview process left me with a very bad impression of the company. I was contacted by a recruiter who tried very hard to sell the company and did give me a lot of information. I researched it thinking it was a sales scam but saw, mainly through Glassdoor, that they had a good reputation and paid well. I jumped through hoops during the interview process. Woke up a 5 AM to accommodate a phone interview for example. Not a big deal since I know that is what needs to be done to impress them. I made it all the way to the final stage. However, despite all the time I spent with them interviewing and that I was found through a recruiter, whose sole job is to find people and follow through with them, I never got the respect of a call or email telling me I had not gotten the job. It turned out for the best because I accepted another position and don't think I would have been happy at PayCom but I wanted to share my experience because I feel this sort of treatment of people says a lot about a company's values.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2013.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter through LinkedIn. I was not currently looking, but the compensation plan peaked my interest. She scheduled a phone interview to talk more about the opportunity. During the phone interview we just discussed the opportunity and what my career goals were. Next was an in person interview with the office Sales Manager and the Regional Manager. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and we just talked about life and career goals as well as my sales experience. Afterward I was contacted by the internal Paycom recruiter to setup a time to Phone Canvass. The expectation was to set 3 appointments off cold calls in the 3-1/2 hour period. It gives you a really good grasp of what the job is going to be like and what is expected of you. As soon as I booked my appointments I spoke with the Sales Manager to answer any questions I had and discuss how it went and then I was taken out to lunch by one of the Sales Representatives in the office. After we returned I was ushered on to a video interview with the Chief Sales Officer and he probed about my resume and previous experiences as well as shared his goals for the organization, it provided an incredible view into the sales organization of the company. After the interview with the CSO I was invited to stay the afternoon to listen to their sales call and at that time offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to a salary, what do you think is a lot of money?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter about the position. She informed me of the position and asked if I was still interested. We set up an interview at the office in Vienna, VA a few days later. Beforehand, I had to take a personality test. The interview started with a 12 minute math reasoning test. They had word problems dealing with basic arithmetic, and a lot of word association. Pretty simple. I scored a 34/50.

Then I interviewed with the manager of the office and the TSR manager for the region via GoToMeeting. The questions were pretty standard. They offered me the job the next day. Then they required a background check and a drug test. With that out of the way, I'm not awaiting confirmation on my flight to OKC for the 6-week training program. The entire process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • None, really. If you've been on a decent number of interviews, you'll be prepared.   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

My interview was scheduled for 2pm and I was asked to arrive about 10 minutes early. Upon arrival, I was greeted and offered a drink. I was then introduced to a few employees. I was told I would be taking the Wonderlic exam, and then began my webcam interview. I had my initial interview with one manager and he had another interview me as well via webcam. They asked typical interview questions, both were very easy to converse with and not too harsh by any means. Overall a really good experience. Lasted about an hour and a half including the exam and both interviews. I have a final interview tomorrow with one more manager and I'm hoping to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is something people think upon meeting you that is untrue?   Answer Question
    • What three characteristics would your boss use to describe you?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question
    I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom in September 2014.

Recruiters walk you through the process as do the managers. It is easy to get hired if you have half a brain and you can convince people you are willing to work ridiculous hours and hit quotas no matter what it takes.

Interview Questions

Ignore the recruiters and the managers because they are the ones that stand to make money if you get hired. Here is the deal. If you have a fluid life, and are willing to relocate thousands of miles away, feel free to work here. All reviews about crazy hours, no time off, but incredible compensation is true. However, do not plan to stay put in your current location. Once succeed for a few years you will be asked to relocate to manage an office. If you decline, your next option will be to travel for weeks/months on end to territories outside of your current state for sales work. If you refuse that, good luck keeping your job. People that do not move up to manager, and refuse to travel, will definately be let go. Don't believe me? Go on Linkedin and try to find sales reps or exec reps that remained employed in their original location for more than 5 years. 870 employees and you may find 1 or 2 existing exec reps that were not let go or did not move on. Why do they do this? Well to start, you make 50k. In a few years? 120k! Why pay someone triple the pay for cold calling and canvassing when you can use your world renowned training to get young employees up to speed quickly and pay 50k for similar results. It's all about profit margins people. If you are looking for job security, longevity in your current location, look elsewhere.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in September 2014.

I interviewed with this company three times within a two week period for three different jobs. Each time the recruiter called to follow up, she told me I did well and would be a good fit for the company, but they didn't know where to put me. After the third interview, I expected another call back. After a few days, I e-mailed the recruiter only to receive a generic e-mail response from a completely different account telling me I didn't get the job. I'm disappointed that not only was I falsely told I was a good fit, but that the recruiter didn't even bother to call or e-mail me after the third interview. It's better to at least know you didn't get a job than to sit around wondering what happened.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

There is something up with this company that is very wrong somewhere....! I read in one of the reviews from someone that was in the office, that they don't seem to hire people over 30. Maybe this is the case. The people in HR seem to screen you OUT instead of in. They use a very exclusive process (as opposed to inclusive) based on metrics that are obviously illegal -- but you cannot prove. The HR person didn't even take the time to call me back and when I contacted the sales manager directly, he seemed just as uptight close-minded and in the box as the rest of the gang! I could feel energetically this was NOT a match and I am glad I was not even called to waste my time any further with this company! They advertise for the SAME position, over, and over and over again! That should indicate something!

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Phone interview w recruiter and then multiple interviews with sales managers in person and via video conference. The in person interview was with the sales manager and then there was a video conference interview.

Offered a ride along but declined to continue the interview process based on the 1st and 2nd interview. Their sales office is newer in Denver, seemed as though high turnover which is why they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you would be a good fit for the organization over another applicant... Why do you think this is the right company for you? The first year is do or die, are you willing to put all of your time into the job the first year to build your accounts?   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after submitting my application and resume online. We spoke off and on the next few days so he could get a feel for what I was looking for and what they had to offer. I went in to complete assessments to determine the level of my skill sets and had an interview within a week. I was immediately interviewed a second time and was thanked for my time. Roughly 30-45 minutes later I received a phone call and an offer. The interview process isn't the easiest process to go through but I never once felt belittled due to my lack of tax experience. This company simply wants to fit the job to the prospect's skill set and potential. They want to ensure their employees will be happy with their job should they accept.