Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.6

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I was contacted by a Paycom recruiter and after speaking with him on the phone, I was set up with a first round interview. This was a webinar with the office manager for my specific location. Very simple and straightforward interview. The second interview was with the regional VP, which was a bit more difficult than the first. After being approved by the VP, I was invited into their office for a 4 hour prospecting session (cold calling and booking appointments). I ended up declining the offer to go in for the prospecting session.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have set you up for a successful career at Paycom?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing in the past few months to help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

I didn't formally get an offer letter, but I ended up declining an offer to go in for the prospecting session. I did this because I received an offer from a different company.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth. It involved being contacted for an initial meet and greet. Then from they might ask for another meeting and ask more in depth about the job. At another point you have to come in a take a typing test and a math type quiz.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Jul 22, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

You have a phone screening, a video interview with a manager, an in-office interview that includes a cold-call prospecting session, an interview with the regional manager, then an interview with the Chief Sales Officer. I turned down three other job offers and accepted my offer at Paycom. A week and a half later, they call me and tell me my offer is being withdrawn because of a non-criminal underage drinking citation I received in college 7 years ago. Ignoring that asinine policy in itself--the messed up part is that I had already told my recruiter about the citation on our first phone call two months prior to receiving the offer. Upon speaking to the HR Director I found out the recruiter had LIED to me and very likely lied to her bosses. Throughout the process I was lied to, made phone calls that went un-returned, and was generally treated unprofessionally. During the interview, they had me lie to prospective clients during the prospecting portion. Paycom's mistake cost me time and money. This company hires young people and encourages them to make money at all cost. They clearly don't value professional integrity and the lack of experience among their employees became painfully obvious during my situation. If you're willing to trade your integrity to make money, you'll find a home at Paycom.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult, but they told me if I treated this job as if I was married to it, I'd be able to make hundreds of thousands of dollars within 2-3 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation--it's all fixed.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Lengthy process, but well worth the time!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Base is 50k plus commission.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

May 12, 2014 – Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Marketing Administrative/Database Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

First was a 15-20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Basically just getting to know you, where you come from, where your planning on going, and work experiences. Then, I was called in for a one on one interview with the team leader. Next, I came in and did a phone canvas(basically, they wanted me to experience what i would be doing daily first hand before accepting the job). I was offered the job a day later pending my background check, credit check, drug test, and they needed to speak with at least two refererences from past jobs. Once all that was completed I was offcially offered the position!! Long process but very worth it all!! Plus its nice to know that they don't just hire anyone.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very impressive process that revealed they make sure they have the right fit before extending an offer. Started the process with a recruiter who screened me thoroughly before setting up a phone screen with the local sales manager. After passing, I met the sales manager for an in-person interview, and afterward met the rest of the team in the office. The next interview was with the regional VP of Sales who was young but sharp as a tack. After passing that stage I was invited to a "phone canvassing" session which basically is a try-out to see if you have what it takes to cut it. This also provides you with an opportunity to determine for yourself whether or not this is the job for you. The goal is setting 3 appointments within a 5 hour period. If you pass the phone canvassing session you then meet with the CSO for a final screen. If this goes well, you'll most likely get an offer.

Interview Questions

• The phone canvassing session was one of the most incredible interview experiences ever. It made the job palpable in ways that talking over a resume never could be possible. It took me a while to get my first appointment, but I remained calm and was able to hit them.   Answer Question

B2B Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

Long process starting with a phone screening, proceed to manager interview, then an applied skills portion, following an interview with a regional VP and lastly an interview with the CSO. I looked at each step as one step closer to a $100k return because I knew I would make at least that in my first year. It was well worth the process, and this methodical interview process is why Paycom has the best of the best in their sales force!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Apr 30, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

New Client Setup Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Testing was done on site, interview and final interview completed back to back. Offer was contingent on background and drug screening. Recruiter kept me involved in each step of the process. Once I was cleared I recieved confirmation and was given my start date. This was a very smooth process.