Paycom

Getting the Interview

129 candidate interviews

Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview

Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process seems a bit daunting at first as it has a few steps but if you get the offer, TAKE IT! Phone screen with recruiter, interview with area manager, phone canvassing session, Skype interview with regional and then with CSO. The recruiter I had was amazing and really put me at ease throughout the entire process. She would always be on top of what my next step was and would also stay after hours to help me prepare and navigate their web application when I had questions one night.

The manager was really nice and has a lot of experiences with the company. When I left I felt totally at ease as she was very excited about Paycom an the opportunities. This interview was more conversational and very relaxing although I was warned she is a tough cookie to crack. She also offered me a lot of time to ask however many questions I wanted and that was nice because I could tell she cared and wanted me to be just as excited about paycom as she was.

For the phone canvassing session, I set three appointments. The main goal is to see if you are coachable, if you can talk easily to people over the phone and how you handle rejection. I actually enjoyed this part.

Interview with regional is tricky. You need to make sure your Skype and webcam interview skills are down (look into the camera, not the screen, etc.). The regional I interviewed with was very friendly but asked tough questions.

The last step is the most stressful because you've made it so far. The CSO is very professional but wants to know what drives you. You need to throw out your book answers for interviews and just be yourself and really explain what makes you different than the next guy. He asked some tough questions but is a stand up guy who is easy to talk to and is extremely charismatic.

I actually work here now and can tell you it's not a scam as some of the reviews say, especially in regards to the phone canvassing "just to get appointments". I actually saw a few of the phone canvassers who have come in actually have claimed fake appointments which has ruined their chance. Also, the appointments I made on phone canvassing I got to go on when I got hired. Trust the process and DON'T MAKE FAKE APPOINTMENTS!!!

The interview process although tough is worth it as it is important to make sure you are a fit for them and vise versa. This company cares about its employees more than any company I've worked for and I feel blessed going to work every day.

Interview Question – As stated above, you really need to dig deep about what makes you get up in the morning and it shouldn't be financially driven unless its generous. They will ask you later in the process what you'd do if you were making all kinda of money and blowing it in Vegas would not be the thing to say. This company wants to understand what make you tick and wants to see depth.   View Answer

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details – Met with manager, phone canvasing, taken out with other reps, meeting with vp, meeting with president of company.

Interview Question – If you like making a lot of phone calls to dead or retired people, and lying to people just to set up an appointment then this is the job for you!   View Answer

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant
Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in August 2012.

Interview Details – I got there and they were running late in interviews i had to wait 30 minutes. My second interview was skype and was interrupted by a phone call.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone gave you tough feedback what did you do and how did you handle it?

Tell me about a time you persuaded someone to do what you wanted and how did you do that?
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is tough. Its a five step interview process and you need to be at your best every step of the way. Starts with a phone screen, then sales manager interview, followed by an interview with the regional manager. Next comes the toughest part which is the phone canvassing session where you need to set three appointments. Last step is an interview with an executive member of the company.

Interview Question – If you had a previous sales related position be prepared to answer tough questions regarding your performance if you weren't the top performer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate and they do like you to start rather quickly after accepting.

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Outside Sales Consultant
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – phone interview, then a face to face interview with the sales manager, then a face to face with a regional manager, then a 4 hour session of phone canvassing (cold calling), then possibly a ride along with a current sales rep, then a final interview with a head hauncho. Honestly, I may have missed a step...its a grueling process!

Interview Question – Just your typical interview questions about past sales experiences and a "tell me how you handled a challenging situation in your sales career" etc. Honestly, I was not a fan of this company. They miss communicated my interview date and time (frustrating) then, they wanted me to come back in for another phone canvassing session after I had already proven I could do it. Lastly, the sales manager was a huge B****. You could definitely tell she was on her high horse and was not coming down. Obviously not all their managers are like this, but this one def was!   Answer Question

SALES Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a ridiculous 5 step interview process. One step was a requirement to sit in on their twice per week "phone cavassing" sessions. If you didn't make 3 appointments in this step in telemarketing to burned lists of businesses, you couldn't move forward to the next step. I saw COUNTLESS qualified interviewees go through this step of a 4 HOUR phone session and not make the 3 appointments, therefore not moving forward in the process.

Interview Question – I can't remember enough about the interview with the manager to remember specific questions. Pretty much the expected interview questions.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter who looked at my resume and asked me if I was interested in the job. Went in for the first interview with the Sales Manager. Interview went well, lots of questions surrounding sales and the motivation behind sales. Make sure you know the STAR format. Went in for another interview with the Regional Sales Manager a week later. Similar questions and very short. I went in a few days later to make some calls (all cold calls), to see if I would like the job. If you have no problem of doing cold calls all day, then this is the job for you. Pay/Training is supposed to be very good!

Interview Question – Describe yourself in three words!   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Making cold calls all day long (to clients who have been called on 100 times already) is not really for me.

Sales Interview

Sales
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in May 2011.

Interview Details – Tough, they definitely weed out the weak. First step I was grilled (not in a bad way but very thorough) by an in-house recruiter. Second I met with the local sales manager - 25 mins or so, she was nice but you could tell busy Third I did a webcam with the Regional Manager - that was a little awkward because I had never had to do an interview like that before but he was nice enough. Tough questions, you can't just answer yes/no they want to know that you mean what you say and have depth behind your answers. I had a little sales experience and so we spent a decent amount of time on that topic and my involvement in college. Fourth, the fun step, I had to cold call with the rest of the office for four hours!! I hated it at first but the manager and a couple experienced reps gave me some guidance and I started to get in the groove. Once I got the first appointment set it was fun after that. You must set a minimum of three to be considered for a final interview. Fifth and final a webcam with the Chief Sales Officer. I had to reschedule this once, but he was enjoyable to talk with. He asked intense questions but at the same time they made sense and he also provided some advice. I really wanted the job and thankfully I got it, but the process is definitely not for the weak at heart!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, they pay a flat base salary of $45K + commission + auto + cell across the nation.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in August 2011.

Interview Details – Tough interview, four phases--phone interview with recruiter, 1-1 with area sales manager, followed by interview with regional manager, followed by video interview with CEO

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Paycom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate, but I think it's definitely good to try--they might bump you up 5k if you have sales experience

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in February 2009.

Interview Details – My initial interview was a phone interview with the Recruiting Department. I then came in for a skills test and personality test along with a 1:1 Interview with a supervisor. The questions were insightful and made me think. I was then called back for a second interview with the department manager. In each interview the duties that I would be expected to perform were clearly laid out for me and all questions I asked were answered fully. A few days later I was offered the job and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with payroll?   Answer Question
  • Name one work incident where you have made a mistake and what steps you took to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom