Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. She was extremely enthusiastic about how perfect I was for the position. Had one phone interview that went very well and was then asked to come in for a more formal interview. Normal interview, nothing too exciting or difficult. The thing that made this experience so horrible was how unprofessional they were following the interview. They said they were excited to set up the next interview with me and thought that I would be a great fit. Both the recruiter and the company fell off the planet afterwards. Not a single email, phone call, anything. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. All feedback is appreciated and your situation is being addressed. Your time is valued, and we wish you ... More

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about 2 months later. Corporate recruiter contacted me by phone and did preliminary interview. Went online to perform skills test evaluation. After the skills evaluation they contacted me to schedule in person interview. Over the phone they also asked what I currently did at my present job and why did I want to leave my current place of employment to work forPaycom.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for your comment. As a high-growth company, we routinely post positions where we know future demand exists. We are proud of our growth and forecast accordingly in order to keep all areas ... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2013.

Interview

Fist I received a phone interview from the recruiter. Then, I was called back for a first interview. I had to do some testing first. This just included excel testing and some logic and reasoning testing. After the first interview I was called for a second interview. I then received a call a few hours later with my offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were in a difficult position with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Transition Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first interview I walked in and everyone was very nice and I proceeded to take an assessment test which was pretty easy. It was a 50 question wonderlic test. Then I did a video interview for about 20 minutes with the direct supervisor of my position. It was super relaxed and all the questions were expected from an interview, nothing that was surprising.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Strength something your current boss would say you need to improve on why do you want to work for paycom   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to, however when I came in to interview with the manager it was awful. She didn't want to talk about the position much. Really poor social skills. I knew I wasn't getting the job just by her attitude but there wasn't anything that I did wrong. It's hard to explain.....very weird experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Representative

We apologize for your experience and have sent your comments to members of our senior leadership team. We will use this feedback as a means to improve processes.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process is hands-on. You come in, meet the team, make cold calls and interact with the other sales reps. Paycom values their culture and you must have a positive attitude, strong worth ethic and drive.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a challenge you had to overcome in your last position.   1 Answer

Apr 6, 2015 – Representative

We appreciate your review!

New Client Setup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone a day after applying by a recruiter. I was directed to take 3 assessment tests. I took a 10 key test, typing test and an excel test. I did well on each. I signed an agreement that I had no felonies or traffic violations. The recruiter called back the same day and set up an interview. Upon arriving, I took a math and reasoning test which was fairly easy. It was timed. I was interviewed by two people separately and then the recruiter came in and offered me the job contigent upon a drug screen, background check, credit check, and reference checks. I received an email the same day as the interview regarding a medical collection against me and was asked by HR to address it. I received a phone call the next day stating they were retracting the offer due to my credit report.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

As you noted, we are upfront regarding our hiring contingencies. We are a client focused organization, and do everything we can to protect their data integrity. Because of that, we have high ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, first of all I applied for Administrative Assistant, I was then told I would instead be interviewing for Paycom Specialist. So, I did my research and prepared my interview around that position. However once I get to the interview I am told I am to take a math test, which I was not previously informed on. After not scoring high enough I was then being interviewed for yet another new position, completely ruining my preparation for the interview. During the interview there were two employees, one didn't speak the entire time and instead just stared at me. I was asked, "what do you want to do with your life" I gave them an honest answer, I want to eventually go back to school and work in the non-profit sector. After the interview was over the employee offered a second interview but then went on to say that I need to think about my answer on what I want do with my life and that I need to seriously think about that. Was that answer not good enough? Is that not a good thing to want to do in life?

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and commend you for your interview preparation. We appreciate all feedback, and have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. Your honesty is respected and ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty typical. You have a phone call from a recruiter, if you meet the qualifications and seem like a good fit you meet with the manager of the office you are interviewing for, then if they like you, you would come in for a phone canvassing session where you meet the team and try to set three appointments. If you make it past the phone canvassing session you interview with your regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I was reached out by an outside recruiter about the position. Decided to come in and interview with the sales manager. Easy conversation, very normal sales interview and lasted about 30-45 minutes long. I came back for the second step which was the phone canvass interview with the team. They did a great job of prepping me and what to expect. The team was also helpful while I was there. However, I did not get offered the position after that but I will continue to keep in touch as my sales career develops. The manager also took time to respond to my email with feedback from the interview process which was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about outside of work? What do you enjoy doing when you aren't working?   Answer Question
    • If you could completely redesign your career path from scratch what would you do differently and why?   1 Answer
    • How would others describe you?   1 Answer

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Current Sales Representative

Pros: “To begin, the culture at Paycom is unlike any other. It is one of the reasons I chose this company. The support from every level in the company is strong and hands-on. The culture leads to...”“To begin, the culture at Paycom is unlike any other. It is one of the reasons I chose this company. The support from every level in the company is strong and hands-on. The culture leads to the way Paycom conducts itself as executives, which leads to how we treat our customers. Being professional and involved is a way of life at Paycom. Being in an outside sales position allows for freedom as well and desk time. Coming to work and having a different day, every time, is something that is not always the case with other jobs. The compensation is fantastic. You get a base and commission which is competitive in the market and provides a reward for all your hard work. Which is true, the work is hard, but no one gets to where they want to be or be successful without working hard. Lastly, the training never ends with Paycom. After the initial training period you still have trainings to keep your mind fresh and your knowledge on up to date. This is helpful when meeting with clients. You are able to feel confident about what you are saying and know it is truly relevant to the client today.” – Full Review