Paycom

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Getting the Interview

131 candidate interviews

Charlotte, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a long process. I was brought in 4 times and made it to the final interview where you webcam with the President of the company. The second interview they make you coldcall accounts and set up 3 appointments, which is basically like working for them.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen..   View Answer

Outside Sales Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom in September 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter for the phone interview was outstanding, professional, and very helpful. The actual interview at the atlanta office was horrible. I meet the branch manger and she was very cold. She asked me some basic questions that could have been answered had she simply read my resume.

Interview Questions

Outside Sales Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2010.

Interview Details – I first met with a sales person and asked about job openings and I was put in touch with a recruiter from the cooporate offices. From theire he screened me briefly over the phone and scheduled me for an interview with the branch manager. I met with the brance manager and had a pretty straight forward standard interview and was asked to contact the recruiter at coorporate to schedule a 4 hour cold calling block. He sent me an email with more information about the company and some calling scrips to practice.During the cold calling block I was given very little direction and was just asked to call and "set as many appointments as you can." The office enviornment was laid back but filled with young, lively, and helpful staff. I was compensated with $40 of visa gift cards. After the cold calling block I was told to call back to coorporate and schedule a video conference interview with the VP aswell as the CEO of the company. I returned to the branch office for a 10 minute interview with the VP and was given postive feedback and told to once again schedule with the recruiter to interview with the CEO. My meeting with the CEO was never schedule despite repeated attempts. I finally recieved an email from someone in HR who I had never had any contact with letting me konw they had filled the position. I called and left messages with the recruiter at coorporate and the branch manager to ask what had turned them off about me as a candidate in hopes I could get feedback for future interviews. I have yet to hear from any of them.

Interview Questions

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter out of Oklahoma City, from there she set me up with a one on one interview with the Denver Sales Manager. That went well! he's a very friendly and energetic guy! I was called back for a web cam interview with a regional sales manager just 2 days later (she too was a very friendly and made the interview a whole lot less stressful). So far that's where my process stands and I have nothing but good things to say about the entire process so far!

Interview Question – What made you the successful salesman in your current job?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in April 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from a pay com recruiter in another state. She set up an interview with Paycom atlanta office. The hiring manager came late to our meeting and seemed uninterested walking through the door as if she had better things to do. Be prepared to do some cold calling.

Interview Question – Persuade me to buy this pen?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn and had several conversations with him and submitted an online application directly to the Charlotte office. When invited to the office, I waited 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time (which I showed up 15 minutes early for) before asking someone what was going on. I was brought to the hiring manager's office where she told me she forgot, apologized, but then given a rushed 5 minute Q&A session and told I'd be contacted in a couple days. I told them not to waste their time.

Interview Question – Why should I be picked over the other candidates.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See hiring and interview process.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is a 5 Step Process

1. Phone screen by recruiter that found my profile on Career Builder
2. 1 on 1 15 minute interview with Sales Manager. They will ask you basic interview questions. Be assertive and concise
3. Phone interview with VP. He will ask more basic questions. (Who do you look up to and why)
4. Web Cam interview with the owner/CEO. He is brief and very direct.

Interview Question – Why do you need to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job didn't seem to be too negotiable. If you are straight out of college its a 30k base if you have experience its a 40k base. Benefits are only 1$ per pay period.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Question – Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

Transition Specialist Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted for this position over the phone by a corporate recruiter. He received my resume from another website and asked me to contact him if I was interested in learning more about the position. He emailed me a job description and a link to the company's website. I decided to contact him to learn more about the position. He proceeded to explain to me what the job would entail, a typical day for a TSR, and the salary and bonus structure. I was interested in coming in for an interview so he asked me to complete an Excel skills assessment, and fill out the job application for the position. Once I did so, he contacted me a set up an interview for the following Monday (all this took place within 48 hours). At the interview, I was asked to take another assessment on math and reasoning skills. It was only a 12' test and wasn't too difficult. I was then interviewed via webcam by 2 different directors. Both inquired about different aspects of my resume and then proceeded to ask me what my greatest strengths and my greatest weaknesses were. I asked a few questions of each of them and then concluded the interview. I did have to wait about 20 minutes for the second man to be available to interview me. I was then contacted the next day with good news. They wished to extend me an offer of employment and gave me a couple days to decide. Overall the interview process was good, and quick.

Interview Question – What would your previous employer say was your second greatest strength.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter after meeting him on campus. He set me up to come in and meet with the IT director. That interview went well so I had the chance to speak with the CIO. Both of the interviews were comfortable. They focused on the technical side of things and asked some behavorial questions.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom