Paycom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015 – Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online and was then contacted by a recruiter shortly after. She asked me what I was looking for job wise and sent me some online aptitude tests for excel, 10-key and typing. The day after submitting my scores, she called me in the morning eager to set up an in person interview with me. I went in on a Friday, took another assessment and then met with a team lead. The team lead let me know immediately after the interview that he wanted me to meet with his supervisor for a second and final interview. My recruiter called me back within 10 minutes to set it up. Over all it was a very streamlined process I think and I felt good about it.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for your review!

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO).

Interview

It wasn't too difficult. You just need to relate your past sales experience. They are looking for aggression and grit. You need to convey that you will stick with it no matter what. You then have an onsite interview and you have to set 3 appointments from 9 until noon. If you can do that you get to the final interview with the vp.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

One phone screening, this is straight forward, behavior and guestimating your amount of skill level with coding. Next will be an interview. Then another, then finally one last interview. Overall, the process is not hard.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter , he asked basic questions and gave a description. Next was being referred to the paycom office sales manager. She was very nice. A lot of detail oriented questions but I felt good coming out. I was the ideal candidate. Had massive successful experience in sales and thought I would hear back for the next round which was going to be a shadow with them, potentially making sales calls to see how I would do. Heard nothing back from them. No follow up at all. Not even a rejection. Seems they already had their candidate ready and we're just interviewing to interview. Moral of story they will likely have horrible communication throughout the whole process and leave you upset trying to figure out why

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to implement a strategy you were not ready for   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2015 – Representative

We know communication is important while job searching, and we apologize for your experience. Please know that we are looking into this situation. Your time is valued, and we wish you the best in ... More

Paycom Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Had phone interview a few days after applying. Phone interview seemed promising. Then was asked to come for in-person interview. Interviewers were not very friendly or enthusiastic. Continued to ask questions related to my current position versus why I wanted a career with Paycom. I knew walking out I would not get an offer. I felt like they did not even try to get to know me and what I could offer to their team.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar 3, 2015 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience, and can assure you this is not the norm. We appreciate your comment, and will look into ways to improve the process. Your time is greatly valued and we ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to play golf?   1 Answer

Feb 26, 2015 – Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after finding my resume on Monster.com and thought I would be a perfect fit for the CRR position at Paycom. She sent my information over to the internal recruiter at Paycom and had that person get in contact with me to set up a phone interview. We agreed on February 6th which was a Friday and I never heard from her. The following week, I received an email asking to set up another phone interview at another time early in the morning. The interview went well and we scheduled the 2nd phone interview which would then be with the CRR manager the following day. I prepared and followed all instructions online filling out a detailed application and questionnaire. Before I began to prepare for the 2nd phone interview, I received an email telling me that the Irvine CRR position had been filled and asking if I'd like to work in the LA office which is about 2 hours away. I politely declined because of the distance and commute, but asked to keep my information on file in case of any opportunities. Immediately, an opportunity arose for a transition/training position in Irvine. Unfortunately, I am looking for a sales/marketing career and I am not interested. The interview process was not very organized and lacked concern for the employee's best interest.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Feb 23, 2015 – Representative

We’re disappointed to hear your experience wasn't positive. We value your time and are sorry to hear about this. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The process was promising and inviting. Good follow up and guide to the interview. Interview was done by Department topshots. The interview felt like a ritual they were tired of doing. Enthusiasm was not high on their part all through and it wasn't Friday.

Interview Questions

See What Paycom Employees Are Saying

Current Paycom

Pros: “In Oklahoma City there is a lot of Oil and Gas opportunities that come and go. I love the stability that Paycom can offer. The perks are amazing with a beautiful facility delicious lunches...”“In Oklahoma City there is a lot of Oil and Gas opportunities that come and go. I love the stability that Paycom can offer. The perks are amazing with a beautiful facility delicious lunches (only $4) and most of my team takes advantage of the boot camp at lunch! Everyone here smiles and is very happy. The leadership group is so encouraging and motivating to everyone. They offer very progressive compensation plans as you finish your training programs and take on more. I love seeing all of the employee referrals that start. You want to be friends with the people you work beside so it is great that Paycom recognizes this and they pay a $500 referral fee! I have already earned $1000!! Our sales force is so impressive. They are some of the smartest and most strategic minded professionals I have ever seen. I wish I could sell because I would want to be one of them for the money and just to be part of that team!” – Full Review