Paycom

3.4

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2010.

I had a phone interview and a one on one meeting with the Director of Recruitment. I also had the opportunity to spend time with one of the senior recruiters to ask his opinion on the position and get a good idea of the day to day aspect of the position. While there were a lot of questions on my qualifications, I also felt like they were trying to determine if I would be a good fit for the team. Everything was extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain your success and document it if at all possible.   Answer Question
    There is set compensation for most starting positions at Paycom.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

I came for my interview and was told to come back another day because all their managers were in meetings. The recruiter even got my name wrong. After I came back for a rescheduled interview, there was no apology or knowledge that I didn't get to see anyone the first time. I find it ironic that this company offers employment management services when they can't even manage potential employees. I don't even want to know how they handle their actual employees. My interviewer told me they would have a decision at the beginning of the next week. It's been five weeks since the interview... I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a payroll and employment management company that's completely different from what you majored in college?   View Answer

Aug 22, 2013Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is certainly not standard Paycom protocol. We value each of our potential hires time and have looked into the issue at hand.

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2013Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Pretty tedious, you will have a phone screen, then a 1st interview with the sales manager, if he or she 'likes' you then you will have a second interview with the regional manager... you will then be set up to do a cold calling blitz where you MUST set a minimum of 3 appointments. Last, you will interview with the CSO of the company via web cam - this is intimidating but he will base his decision mainly off of what the manager says about you.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
    The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
    First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom.

Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in June 2013.

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

It's a challenging interview process, but I was able to get through in less than 2 weeks. Started off with a phone interview then I was able to go into the office to meet the manager (wear a full suit or you will stand out). I liked the energy in the office and everyone seemed to like being there. Everyone was really professional and helpful which was important to me. After a detailed interview with the manager, I was invited back from the phone calling session. I had to get there at 7:45, but was able to meet the team and get advice from them. From there I interviewed with the VP. They are obviously looking for a very specific person and there was a lot of competition for the position. The job seems pretty high-level; I guess that is why they pay so much.

Jul 5, 2013Representative

Thank you for feedback and description of the interview process.

Outside Sales Consultant- Troy, MI (Detroit) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2013.

The interview process seems a bit daunting at first as it has a few steps but if you get the offer, TAKE IT! Phone screen with recruiter, interview with area manager, phone canvassing session, Skype interview with regional and then with CSO. The recruiter I had was amazing and really put me at ease throughout the entire process. She would always be on top of what my next step was and would also stay after hours to help me prepare and navigate their web application when I had questions one night.

The manager was really nice and has a lot of experiences with the company. When I left I felt totally at ease as she was very excited about Paycom an the opportunities. This interview was more conversational and very relaxing although I was warned she is a tough cookie to crack. She also offered me a lot of time to ask however many questions I wanted and that was nice because I could tell she cared and wanted me to be just as excited about paycom as she was.

For the phone canvassing session, I set three appointments. The main goal is to see if you are coachable, if you can talk easily to people over the phone and how you handle rejection. I actually enjoyed this part.

Interview with regional is tricky. You need to make sure your Skype and webcam interview skills are down (look into the camera, not the screen, etc.). The regional I interviewed with was very friendly but asked tough questions.

The last step is the most stressful because you've made it so far. The CSO is very professional but wants to know what drives you. You need to throw out your book answers for interviews and just be yourself and really explain what makes you different than the next guy. He asked some tough questions but is a stand up guy who is easy to talk to and is extremely charismatic.

I actually work here now and can tell you it's not a scam as some of the reviews say, especially in regards to the phone canvassing "just to get appointments". I actually saw a few of the phone canvassers who have come in actually have claimed fake appointments which has ruined their chance. Also, the appointments I made on phone canvassing I got to go on when I got hired. Trust the process and DON'T MAKE FAKE APPOINTMENTS!!!

The interview process although tough is worth it as it is important to make sure you are a fit for them and vise versa. This company cares about its employees more than any company I've worked for and I feel blessed going to work every day.

Interview Questions
    • As stated above, you really need to dig deep about what makes you get up in the morning and it shouldn't be financially driven unless its generous. They will ask you later in the process what you'd do if you were making all kinda of money and blowing it in Vegas would not be the thing to say. This company wants to understand what make you tick and wants to see depth.   View Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Paycom.

I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2013Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.