Paycom

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom.

Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Questions
    • Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question
    Short and sweet.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2013Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

I came for my interview and was told to come back another day because all their managers were in meetings. The recruiter even got my name wrong. After I came back for a rescheduled interview, there was no apology or knowledge that I didn't get to see anyone the first time. I find it ironic that this company offers employment management services when they can't even manage potential employees. I don't even want to know how they handle their actual employees. My interviewer told me they would have a decision at the beginning of the next week. It's been five weeks since the interview... I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for a payroll and employment management company that's completely different from what you majored in college?   View Answer

Aug 22, 2013Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is certainly not standard Paycom protocol. We value each of our potential hires time and have looked into the issue at hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in June 2013.

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Executive Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

It's a challenging interview process, but I was able to get through in less than 2 weeks. Started off with a phone interview then I was able to go into the office to meet the manager (wear a full suit or you will stand out). I liked the energy in the office and everyone seemed to like being there. Everyone was really professional and helpful which was important to me. After a detailed interview with the manager, I was invited back from the phone calling session. I had to get there at 7:45, but was able to meet the team and get advice from them. From there I interviewed with the VP. They are obviously looking for a very specific person and there was a lot of competition for the position. The job seems pretty high-level; I guess that is why they pay so much.

Jul 5, 2013Representative

Thank you for feedback and description of the interview process.

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in May 2013.

I applied online, sent them a copy of my resume and filled out a series of online forms. I received an email after they tried to call me a few times. (Foolishly, I didn't set up a voice mailbox.) We talked on the phone briefly when I called them back. We talked about the job requirements and I briefly explained some of the stuff on my resume. They offered me an on-site interview, and a few days after the interview, I received a phone call with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer didn't really ask me anything that difficult. He simply asked me about relevant coursework and I told him about the programming classes I took.   Answer Question

The workplace regulations were a bit too strict for me. They seemed to enforce a dress code.

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for your feedback and best of luck as you begin your career. Do keep in mind that most companies will have some form of a dress code policy and at Paycom ours is business casual.

Sales Representative Interview

Two interviews. First interview was on the phone, asks very broad sales-type questions like "why would sales be a good fit for you". If the interview goes well, you get a second interview with a branch manager in person at the office. Interview is structured the same, asking questions that seek out high energy, socially ambitious and soon-to-be leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you pursuing a career in sales?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am 99% certain that this whole interview process is a scam. They first have you talk to a recruiter for a phone screen. The recruiter is awesome and helps you out through the entire interview process; giving you tips and advice to succeed. Then you meet with the office manager, then you do a web cam interview with the district manager. After that they have you come in for a phone canvassing session. This is where you get scammed for free labor. I went into the phone canvassing session. Your goal is to set 3 appointments for them and then you can move on. Well, while I was there I only set 2 appointments. But I talked with the other current sales reps at the office and only one of them set 3 appointments that day. And he was strutting around the office acting all proud he set 3. The other two reps only set 1 or 2 appointments. So after the phone canvassing session the manager told me that I didn't reach my goal of 3 appointments and would like me to come back in to give it another shot because he likes me. I told him that I think I did excellent considering I had such little knowledge and training for this canvassing session, and I still did just as well as two of his sales reps in the office. All he could say was that I didn't set 3 appointments. So, to conclude this review, this company is a scam. They interview people and bring them through the process so they come to the phone canvassing session and set appointments for the company. Then they are told they are not the right fit for the company and the manager keeps those appointments for his own sales. They are exploiting hard working candidates for free labor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Interview Questions
    • This company is a scam. They tell you they have open sales positions but really they just want to bring you through the interview process and exploit your free labor during the phone canvassing session.   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

We are sorry you feel this way and assure you that the interview process is not a scam. This is the standard process that all hired sales reps at Paycom must go through. While it is a rigorous ... More

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

Interviewed and was then given a verbal offer for a position. Days later head recruiter calls and stated there was not a spot available for me and best of luck in my job search.

Had to travel twice to the office for an interview