Paycom

Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.2

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question
    I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom in May 2014.

I talked with multiple recruiters who all thought they were the first to talk to me. I would get halfway through the screening and have to tell them that I had already been asked these same questions by a different recruiter. For someone who is supposed to talk to candidates a lot, she said 'umm' way to much. Anyway, I have done two phone screens with two different recruiters and still have not heard anything back. I did get one generic decline for a position I applied over a year ago for. That was funny.

Interview Questions
    • All seemed to be canned behavioral questions. there wasn't much flow, more like reading off a prompt or something. Did cover everything about the position including compensation which was about $15.00 an hour   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom.

The process was quick and seemed smooth and simple, however when it came to receiving word back about whether or not I had received the job, the recruiter that had been working with me avoided my calls and did not reply to my emails. Then, in the end, I received a rejection via automated email. This was after an online application, having my resume referred by a family friend within the company, a phone/screening interview, and two in-person interviews -- the second of which the interviewer spent the majority of the interview assuring me that they company saw me as a great asset with high test scores, good interviewing skills, and a great educational background, though they feared I might be overqualified. I was told quote,"We wouldn't want to lose you to another employer." I find it a bit disingenuous after being later rejected and told from my friend within the company that ultimately I wasn't given the job because they felt I was too quiet.

Interview Questions
    • We believe you may be overqualified. How would you respond to that?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Mar 18, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely review with our in-house team and agency partners the process for notifying candidates when decisions are made. We respect each of our candidates time ... More

Marketing Administrative/Database Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

First was a 15-20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Basically just getting to know you, where you come from, where your planning on going, and work experiences. Then, I was called in for a one on one interview with the team leader. Next, I came in and did a phone canvas(basically, they wanted me to experience what i would be doing daily first hand before accepting the job). I was offered the job a day later pending my background check, credit check, drug test, and they needed to speak with at least two refererences from past jobs. Once all that was completed I was offcially offered the position!! Long process but very worth it all!! Plus its nice to know that they don't just hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Difference between Class and Id?
    Alignment of Div tags?
    Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
    find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Questions
    • Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Mar 18, 2014Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

The interview process is very thorough. I applied online and was called almost immediately regarding the position. The Director of Recruiting is as professional and courteous as they come. She notified me of the process and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed on two different occasions and offered the position. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete testing and had a full background check run on me.

Interview Questions
    • Name one experience you learned from at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

The Paycom hiring process is not for the weak of heart. It is stringent as the companies mindset is to hire and retain the best of the best. I went through three interviews: an initial phone screening with a recruiter, a interview with my current supervisor, and a final interview with my supervisor and a Director of my department. After the successful phone interview, the recruiter had me follow up with taking a few tests which included a test on excel, and typing tests to determine you speed. These were very clear cut tests and are easily completed if you are computer savvy. Before my first interview, I was prompted to complete another quiz, it was mostly analogies like you would see on an ACT. The test was timed but there were not expectations as far as completion. Both interviews at the company location were formal but not too intimidating. The best advice I could give would be to come prepared with knowledge on the company and specific questions on your position or the company. Also, be prepared to answer your interviewers questions with detailed professional answers.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was, where do you see yourself in five years? I am amongst the youngest here and honestly, my future could go anywhere. I was genuine and honest in my answer of what a dream future would be like for me and apparently it served me well.   Answer Question
    I originally was not interviewing for the Specialist position, even though they had positions open. My first interview I made clear that I was very customer focused as I had been in retail management for several years and working with customers and having that interaction is what I loved to do. This convinced them to interview me for the specialist position, which is higher than the original position I was applying for. Just be honest with yourself on what makes you happy, and whatever position you decide to apply for Paycom is a great place to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
    The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
    First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.