Paycom Interview Questions in Oklahoma City, OK

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.1

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

After going through the lengthy application, interview, and assessment process I was denied a job due to my credit. This was AFTER I had received the job offer and gleefully welcomed to the company wholeheartedly by at least 2 employees. I was asked to submit an explanation of negative items on my credit, most of which were MEDICAL in nature. I did comply but after the document I prepared was received, I received a call rescinding my job offer. I had already lined up child care and turned down other opportunities. I had asked about the credit criteria before I went to the interview, and every manager I spoke with afterward told me that I had merely "perceived" that I had a job even though I had signed documents regarding the company's policy on attendance and had been given an actual start date, and had lined up childcare for my son. I was told that the amount of medical debt I had was excessive. Yes, I said that correctly, that I was denied a job due to medical debt. I explained that most of the debt wasn't even legitimate, and since it had been requested of me to submit an explanation of the things that were affecting my credit negatively I was owed due diligence to at least review the document I sent. Thankfully, I didn't go into to much more personal information. Since I have had this experience I've read and heard about others having similar experiences. I was told by someone who is a recruiter for a staffing agency in this city that Paycom has a bad reputation for yanking prospective employees around and that if your credit isn't perfect you won't get a job there or you will have an offer rescinded as mine was. I was HONEST about my credit having negative items and was told that the only thigns that would affect my chances of being hired was if I had a foreclosure or bankruptcy. Well, I don't have those things and honestly, I laughed when I saw that the company was taking issue with, being that it was mostly medical. My advice to anyone who is interested in working with this company is to make sure you have perfect credit before beginning the lengthy and time consuming application, assessment, and interview process. I would hate for anyone else to go through what I have. I would have been working today but now I have to completely start my job search over since I've turned down other prospective employers. I do understand that my formal employment was contingent upon the background check, but what this company has done, given that it helps other (and some major) companies screen employees is not right or ethical. There is no reason I can think of to hold someone's medical debt against them other than that company does not want to take on the employee under their insurance. I feel t his sets a dangers precedence and no one should be treated the way that I have been treated. I have been embarrassed and lost a lot of time to this company. If at any point, my credit was an issue (let's forget the fact that I was basically told the medical debt was excessive) the HR representatives and manager should have stopped the process then and not asked me to provide more personal information. I feel this company may be data mining and used my application and what happened in my case as research to further help themselves with their business since they are in the business of streamlining HR processes for other companies.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the work that I had done in other positions.   1 Answer

Jul 27, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share. We always strive to be respectful and conscientious of our applicants time. We have a thorough screening process that includes a testing phase, which – on ... More

Team Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a couple of different positions & received a call from a recruiter within a couple of days. She asked me a few questions about my background on the phone. At the conclusion of the call she sent me an email with a typing test, 10 key test, excel test, & a personality assessment. I was contacted the next day after completing these and offered an interview for a different position than I had applied for based on my test scores & I was set up for an interview. I had to take a reasoning & math assessment when I came in and was told if I didn't score high enough I would be interviewed for a different position. I scored high enough & had roughly a 10 min interview where I was asked about previous work history, future plans, etc. I was told I would receive a call or email in the next business day or so. The next day I was contacted for a second interview with the department head. That interview was more in depth and lasted around 25 minutes. At the conclusion of the interview my recruiter came in & offered me a job offer contingent upon a background, credit, & drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to Paycom over other companies?   1 Answer

Jun 15, 2015 – Representative

Thank for sharing the details of your experience!

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Had a phone interview first and was asked to come in for a face to face interview. First was with the recruiter, second was with the supervisor, and third was with Chad Raymond the head of the department. While process took some time but was a great set of interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate they explained the pay was on a scale based on level. First raise was after 6 months and then around 3 months there after until you are a senior specialist. Starting pay is $14.91/hr and within 12-15 months you can be at $24.52/he plus quarterly bonuses for retention.

May 13, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for sharing your interview experience!

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with a phone screening with a recruiter, traveled to Oklahoma City for onsite interview, was referred to a "Pre" developer job to gain extra experience with databases and php

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question

Paycom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job online and was then contacted by a recruiter shortly after. She asked me what I was looking for job wise and sent me some online aptitude tests for excel, 10-key and typing. The day after submitting my scores, she called me in the morning eager to set up an in person interview with me. I went in on a Friday, took another assessment and then met with a team lead. The team lead let me know immediately after the interview that he wanted me to meet with his supervisor for a second and final interview. My recruiter called me back within 10 minutes to set it up. Over all it was a very streamlined process I think and I felt good about it.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for your review!

New Client Setup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone a day after applying by a recruiter. I was directed to take 3 assessment tests. I took a 10 key test, typing test and an excel test. I did well on each. I signed an agreement that I had no felonies or traffic violations. The recruiter called back the same day and set up an interview. Upon arriving, I took a math and reasoning test which was fairly easy. It was timed. I was interviewed by two people separately and then the recruiter came in and offered me the job contigent upon a drug screen, background check, credit check, and reference checks. I received an email the same day as the interview regarding a medical collection against me and was asked by HR to address it. I received a phone call the next day stating they were retracting the offer due to my credit report.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

As you noted, we are upfront regarding our hiring contingencies. We are a client focused organization, and do everything we can to protect their data integrity. Because of that, we have high ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, first of all I applied for Administrative Assistant, I was then told I would instead be interviewing for Paycom Specialist. So, I did my research and prepared my interview around that position. However once I get to the interview I am told I am to take a math test, which I was not previously informed on. After not scoring high enough I was then being interviewed for yet another new position, completely ruining my preparation for the interview. During the interview there were two employees, one didn't speak the entire time and instead just stared at me. I was asked, "what do you want to do with your life" I gave them an honest answer, I want to eventually go back to school and work in the non-profit sector. After the interview was over the employee offered a second interview but then went on to say that I need to think about my answer on what I want do with my life and that I need to seriously think about that. Was that answer not good enough? Is that not a good thing to want to do in life?

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Representative

We apologize for your experience, and commend you for your interview preparation. We appreciate all feedback, and have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. Your honesty is respected and ... More

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to, however when I came in to interview with the manager it was awful. She didn't want to talk about the position much. Really poor social skills. I knew I wasn't getting the job just by her attitude but there wasn't anything that I did wrong. It's hard to explain.....very weird experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Representative

We apologize for your experience and have sent your comments to members of our senior leadership team. We will use this feedback as a means to improve processes.

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted about 2 months later. Corporate recruiter contacted me by phone and did preliminary interview. Went online to perform skills test evaluation. After the skills evaluation they contacted me to schedule in person interview. Over the phone they also asked what I currently did at my present job and why did I want to leave my current place of employment to work forPaycom.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr 20, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for your comment. As a high-growth company, we routinely post positions where we know future demand exists. We are proud of our growth and forecast accordingly in order to keep all areas ... More