Paycom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Interview Details – The Paycom hiring process is not for the weak of heart. It is stringent as the companies mindset is to hire and retain the best of the best. I went through three interviews: an initial phone screening with a recruiter, a interview with my current supervisor, and a final interview with my supervisor and a Director of my department. After the successful phone interview, the recruiter had me follow up with taking a few tests which included a test on excel, and typing tests to determine you speed. These were very clear cut tests and are easily completed if you are computer savvy. Before my first interview, I was prompted to complete another quiz, it was mostly analogies like you would see on an ACT. The test was timed but there were not expectations as far as completion. Both interviews at the company location were formal but not too intimidating. The best advice I could give would be to come prepared with knowledge on the company and specific questions on your position or the company. Also, be prepared to answer your interviewers questions with detailed professional answers.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was, where do you see yourself in five years? I am amongst the youngest here and honestly, my future could go anywhere. I was genuine and honest in my answer of what a dream future would be like for me and apparently it served me well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I originally was not interviewing for the Specialist position, even though they had positions open. My first interview I made clear that I was very customer focused as I had been in retail management for several years and working with customers and having that interaction is what I loved to do. This convinced them to interview me for the specialist position, which is higher than the original position I was applying for. Just be honest with yourself on what makes you happy, and whatever position you decide to apply for Paycom is a great place to be.

Marketing Administrative/Database Interview

Marketing Administrative/Database
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – First was a 15-20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Basically just getting to know you, where you come from, where your planning on going, and work experiences. Then, I was called in for a one on one interview with the team leader. Next, I came in and did a phone canvas(basically, they wanted me to experience what i would be doing daily first hand before accepting the job). I was offered the job a day later pending my background check, credit check, drug test, and they needed to speak with at least two refererences from past jobs. Once all that was completed I was offcially offered the position!! Long process but very worth it all!! Plus its nice to know that they don't just hire anyone.

Interview Question – What do you know about Payroll   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter after meeting him on campus. He set me up to come in and meet with the IT director. That interview went well so I had the chance to speak with the CIO. Both of the interviews were comfortable. They focused on the technical side of things and asked some behavorial questions.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

May 12, 2014Representative

Thank you for telling everyone about your interview experience!

Norman, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – Difference between Class and Id?
Alignment of Div tags?
Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Question – Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – The process was quick and seemed smooth and simple, however when it came to receiving word back about whether or not I had received the job, the recruiter that had been working with me avoided my calls and did not reply to my emails. Then, in the end, I received a rejection via automated email. This was after an online application, having my resume referred by a family friend within the company, a phone/screening interview, and two in-person interviews -- the second of which the interviewer spent the majority of the interview assuring me that they company saw me as a great asset with high test scores, good interviewing skills, and a great educational background, though they feared I might be overqualified. I was told quote,"We wouldn't want to lose you to another employer." I find it a bit disingenuous after being later rejected and told from my friend within the company that ultimately I wasn't given the job because they felt I was too quiet.

Interview Question – We believe you may be overqualified. How would you respond to that?   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely review with our in-house team and agency partners the process for notifying candidates when decisions are made. We respect each of our candidates time ... More

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview Details – The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Question – The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2014Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Question – I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Question – Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

Very Difficult Interview

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – The interview process is very thorough. I applied online and was called almost immediately regarding the position. The Director of Recruiting is as professional and courteous as they come. She notified me of the process and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed on two different occasions and offered the position. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete testing and had a full background check run on me.

Interview Question – Name one experience you learned from at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details – My recruiter was very on task while setting up all the interviews. I had my first interview with a manager, second with the regional manager, then phone canvassing where i had to set three apointments, a ride along with a seasoned rep, and my final interview was with Cheif Sales Officer. The process gives insight to the candidate on what the actual job will be like which is helpful to me to see if this is what i really want, and also to Paycom to see if I was who they really want. This made going into the job easy because I was prepared for what day to day would be like. Paycom wants people who are real and motivated.

Interview Question – How I would keep myself motivated when I was already making more money than most my age?   Answer Question

Aug 20, 2013Representative

Thank you for discussing your interview experience. You are right in that we want our candidates to get a true feel for a day in the life of a Paycom sales representative, so they can determine if it ... More

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!