Paycom Outside Sales Interview Questions

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I was contacted by a Paycom recruiter and after speaking with him on the phone, I was set up with a first round interview. This was a webinar with the office manager for my specific location. Very simple and straightforward interview. The second interview was with the regional VP, which was a bit more difficult than the first. After being approved by the VP, I was invited into their office for a 4 hour prospecting session (cold calling and booking appointments). I ended up declining the offer to go in for the prospecting session.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have set you up for a successful career at Paycom?   Answer Question
  • What have you been doing in the past few months to help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

I didn't formally get an offer letter, but I ended up declining an offer to go in for the prospecting session. I did this because I received an offer from a different company.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Paycom Response

Jun 27, 2013Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone and after a 20 minute conversation was asked to schedule a 1:1 interview with regional sales manager. The interview was a standard behavioral interview. During the interview, the interviewer acknowledged that they had been searching for a candidate for the position for several months and no one had "fit the bill" that they were looking for. I received no response after the interview even after attempts to follow up for several weeks. A few months later, I was called by another recruiter interested in scheduling me for an interview for the same position.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

1 on 1, phone interview with regional manager, phone canvasing, ceo. Overall, their process for interviewing is good. However, there is little feedback and if you have experience in sales it seems like you have little shot at the opportunity. Must be a college grad or little sales experience. Zero feedback from a seemingly inexperienced manager. Seemed to be a good place to work, but don't expect a professional interview process until you move on later in the rounds.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?   Answer Question
    • Explain a two month gap in your job search years out of college?? How did you pay your bills?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

The recruiter for the phone interview was outstanding, professional, and very helpful. The actual interview at the atlanta office was horrible. I meet the branch manger and she was very cold. She asked me some basic questions that could have been answered had she simply read my resume.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

I first met with a sales person and asked about job openings and I was put in touch with a recruiter from the cooporate offices. From theire he screened me briefly over the phone and scheduled me for an interview with the branch manager. I met with the brance manager and had a pretty straight forward standard interview and was asked to contact the recruiter at coorporate to schedule a 4 hour cold calling block. He sent me an email with more information about the company and some calling scrips to practice.During the cold calling block I was given very little direction and was just asked to call and "set as many appointments as you can." The office enviornment was laid back but filled with young, lively, and helpful staff. I was compensated with $40 of visa gift cards. After the cold calling block I was told to call back to coorporate and schedule a video conference interview with the VP aswell as the CEO of the company. I returned to the branch office for a 10 minute interview with the VP and was given postive feedback and told to once again schedule with the recruiter to interview with the CEO. My meeting with the CEO was never schedule despite repeated attempts. I finally recieved an email from someone in HR who I had never had any contact with letting me konw they had filled the position. I called and left messages with the recruiter at coorporate and the branch manager to ask what had turned them off about me as a candidate in hopes I could get feedback for future interviews. I have yet to hear from any of them.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Charlotte, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

I got the job interview through a recruiter who was very nice and informative about the job opportunity. i usually do not go to sales interviews but this one offered a 30,000 base salary so I decided to go. The interview was very short and no one really cared to answer my questions. It seemed like they were not interested in me from the beginning

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

4-5 step interview process. Seemed like a good place to work and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into hiring the right person. A recruiter contacted me, then I was set up with a 1:1 interview with the sales manager which led to a 4 hr. phone canvasing session, then two more webcam interviews with corporate managers/owners. Overall, good experience.