Paycom

Paycom Outside Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – I was initially approached by a recruiter from Paycom at a job fair at Rutgers. I interviewed with the sales manager a week later and then went on to interview with the regional vp. Both interviews were tougher than some of the others I had gone on point but I made it through to the phone canvassing. I know a lot of people have complained about going in and doing this for a full morning but I'm glad I did. Half way through I realized that I really didn't like cold calling and I definitely didn't want a job where I had to do it at least twice a week. I told the manager that the job wasn't for me and we actually discussed some other options that might be out there for me in different industries. Overall it was a good experience and I think Paycom would be a great company to work for if you are the right fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about at time that you had to overcome adversity in your life?   Answer Question

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Jun 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and good luck in whatever career you decide on.

Denver, CO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom in May 2011.

Interview Details – 1 on 1, phone interview with regional manager, phone canvasing, ceo. Overall, their process for interviewing is good. However, there is little feedback and if you have experience in sales it seems like you have little shot at the opportunity. Must be a college grad or little sales experience. Zero feedback from a seemingly inexperienced manager. Seemed to be a good place to work, but don't expect a professional interview process until you move on later in the rounds.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?   Answer Question
  • Explain a two month gap in your job search years out of college?? How did you pay your bills?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in June 2010.

Interview Details – I got the job interview through a recruiter who was very nice and informative about the job opportunity. i usually do not go to sales interviews but this one offered a 30,000 base salary so I decided to go. The interview was very short and no one really cared to answer my questions. It seemed like they were not interested in me from the beginning

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom in September 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter for the phone interview was outstanding, professional, and very helpful. The actual interview at the atlanta office was horrible. I meet the branch manger and she was very cold. She asked me some basic questions that could have been answered had she simply read my resume.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2010.

Interview Details – I first met with a sales person and asked about job openings and I was put in touch with a recruiter from the cooporate offices. From theire he screened me briefly over the phone and scheduled me for an interview with the branch manager. I met with the brance manager and had a pretty straight forward standard interview and was asked to contact the recruiter at coorporate to schedule a 4 hour cold calling block. He sent me an email with more information about the company and some calling scrips to practice.During the cold calling block I was given very little direction and was just asked to call and "set as many appointments as you can." The office enviornment was laid back but filled with young, lively, and helpful staff. I was compensated with $40 of visa gift cards. After the cold calling block I was told to call back to coorporate and schedule a video conference interview with the VP aswell as the CEO of the company. I returned to the branch office for a 10 minute interview with the VP and was given postive feedback and told to once again schedule with the recruiter to interview with the CEO. My meeting with the CEO was never schedule despite repeated attempts. I finally recieved an email from someone in HR who I had never had any contact with letting me konw they had filled the position. I called and left messages with the recruiter at coorporate and the branch manager to ask what had turned them off about me as a candidate in hopes I could get feedback for future interviews. I have yet to hear from any of them.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter by phone and after a 20 minute conversation was asked to schedule a 1:1 interview with regional sales manager. The interview was a standard behavioral interview. During the interview, the interviewer acknowledged that they had been searching for a candidate for the position for several months and no one had "fit the bill" that they were looking for. I received no response after the interview even after attempts to follow up for several weeks. A few months later, I was called by another recruiter interested in scheduling me for an interview for the same position.

Interview Question – Nothing outside of an ordinary behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in June 2010.

Interview Details – 4-5 step interview process. Seemed like a good place to work and it's obvious that they put a lot of effort into hiring the right person. A recruiter contacted me, then I was set up with a 1:1 interview with the sales manager which led to a 4 hr. phone canvasing session, then two more webcam interviews with corporate managers/owners. Overall, good experience.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary...   Answer Question

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!