Paycom

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.5

Recruiting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2011.

It is a challenge to get on board with Paycom and that is by design. Some companies will hire anybody just to fill a seat. Paycom has extremely high standards!! As a customer you can feel confident that your data and information is in good hands. We don't mess around with any piece of the process. It may seem a little long on the number of interview steps, but if you are honored with an offer you will understand why. It is a big job and we fiercely compete for top talent in every department. Also, I now see that Paycom spends a ton of time and money making sure they get the right people - multiple step interview processes are way more of a pain for the company than the candidate! The managers have to take more time out of their busy day the team takes time to meet and spend time and then they run an extensive background. Oh and they really do check your references where as some companies just say they do. They really do verify your degree and you really do have to take a drug test.

Managers are early in their careers and committed to your success. This is one of the reasons I was so excited about Paycom, you can see that they really do promote on talent not tenure. I wanted a company that I didn't have to wait to make a difference!

If you want to have a career at Paycom you better be prepared, listen and bring your "A" game at all times. They ONLY want the people who play to win.

Interview Questions
  • I have numerous qualified candidates fighting for this opportunity, why should I hire you?   View Answer
  • What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?   Answer Question
  • Who do you admire most and why?   Answer Question
No negotiations in many departments it is a set compensation to start. However, many of the positions within the company are performance based so just get the yes and you get to drive your success from there.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in August 2010.

I had a phone interview and a one on one meeting with the Director of Recruitment. I also had the opportunity to spend time with one of the senior recruiters to ask his opinion on the position and get a good idea of the day to day aspect of the position. While there were a lot of questions on my qualifications, I also felt like they were trying to determine if I would be a good fit for the team. Everything was extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain your success and document it if at all possible.   Answer Question
    There is set compensation for most starting positions at Paycom.