Paycom

77 interviews

3.4

77 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interviewing with Paycom was timely and efficient. I spoke to a recruiter by phone, and sent her my resume. She had me apply online, and then I was scheduled to interview with the Sales Manager the next week. From there I interviewed with the Regional Manager. The last step in the interview is the phone canvass session. I think it's great that phone-canvassing is apart of the interview, it gives people a sneak peak at what a job with Paycom would be like.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult was probably phone canvass session just because it was not something I had ever done before. But they prep you, and it's more of a mental test seeing how you are able to adapt and roll with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter via linked in. He said they were specifically asked to find candidates from my current plae of employment. After the phone screening with the recruiter the branch manager had me in for an interview. It went well, took about an hour. I felt e really tried to get in my head and made me think about if this job would be the right fit. After that I was contacted a week later by the recruiter and he gave me tips and tricks for a web interview with the regional vp. That went ok, but when they contacted me for a cold calling session I wasn't interested in the position. Still at the same job I started at.

Interview Questions
    • What do you read? Books? Newspapers? Magazines?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in June 2014.

You have a phone screening, a video interview with a manager, an in-office interview that includes a cold-call prospecting session, an interview with the regional manager, then an interview with the Chief Sales Officer.

I turned down three other job offers and accepted my offer at Paycom. A week and a half later, they call me and tell me my offer is being withdrawn because of a non-criminal underage drinking citation I received in college 7 years ago.

Ignoring that asinine policy in itself--the messed up part is that I had already told my recruiter about the citation on our first phone call two months prior to receiving the offer. Upon speaking to the HR Director I found out the recruiter had LIED to me and very likely lied to her bosses.

Throughout the process I was lied to, made phone calls that went un-returned, and was generally treated unprofessionally. During the interview, they had me lie to prospective clients during the prospecting portion. Paycom's mistake cost me time and money.

This company hires young people and encourages them to make money at all cost. They clearly don't value professional integrity and the lack of experience among their employees became painfully obvious during my situation.

If you're willing to trade your integrity to make money, you'll find a home at Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult, but they told me if I treated this job as if I was married to it, I'd be able to make hundreds of thousands of dollars within 2-3 years.   View Answer
    There's no negotiation--it's all fixed.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Paycom has a difficult interview process by design. We want a very special person to join our team and service our customers. We also want anyone who is considering joining the team to see first hand the opportunity for what it is - a true B2B Hunter Sales Career. You talk our recruiters, the manager the regional manager our CSO. You interact with the team for a prospecting session, you may even go to lunch or ride along with a member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you admire most and why?
      If you had a magic wand and could change anything about your current position and manager what would it be?
        View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions
    They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Jul 22, 2014Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom.

The process was lengthy but it did give me a good insight to the company culture and job responsibilities. I met with both the sales manager in Phoenix and the regional sales manager both were very professional and knowledgeable about Paycom and where they see the company going.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was the prospecting session. I did enjoy the team but this is where I realized this wasn't for me. The questions they asked made me think. They really wanted to get to know me and what drives me to success. Things I guess I had never thought about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

It was strenuous but good. They only hire the best so they are picky and I think it is for the best. The manager was nice and helpful and the regional gave me many good things to think on.

None

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

The interview process was very lengthy, with a phone screening and about an hour and a half long in person interview. After those two, I was called back to do a "phone canvassing session" with the team, which was cold calling from about 9am until 1pm. They provided some background materials, but only tips on how to cold call, not any specific product knowledge. I was expected to set at least four appointments through cold calling, which did not happen. They did compensate me with a Visa gift card for $40 for my time, but it was very difficult to just be thrown to the lions and be expected to produce results equal to the experienced sales staff around me. It was confusing because Paycom advertises their extensive training program, but what's the point of having one if you are expected to be a seasoned sales professional during the interview process? The biggest thing that stuck out for me was, at one point during the company wide phone canvassing session, a woman got up to get a coffee from the break area. Another salesman saw her and criticized her for getting up from her desk during peak phone canvassing hours. With a company culture like that, I knew I did not want to be a part of Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked where I saw myself after my first year with Paycom, which isn't uncommon. It was the reaction to my response that was a red flag.   View Answer

May 20, 2014Representative

We appreciate your feedback and apologize you felt unprepared for the canvassing session. Once hired, our training curriculum is second to none as each new hire has extensive training that is ... More

Sales Representative Interview

The interview process I took part in was close to 8 weeks long. I had a first interview scheduled, and it was then rescheduled twice within the next 2 weeks. I finally received a first interview over 2 weeks later from when I was told they were interested in setting up a first interview. This was very unfortunate, because AFTER going through the entire phone canvassing and even NEXT interview process 2 weeks later, I was THEN told 1 week later that I would not be getting the offer (May I add that I even made the 3 appointment requirement). Very frustrating that I was led on throughout the whole process and it wasted 7 weeks of my time while I even have a full-time job.

Interview Questions
    • The phone canvassing part was the most difficult, but also gave you a great feeling of what the job is going to be like. Although, DO NOT give your hopes up even if you schedule the 3 minimal appointments.   Answer Question

May 12, 2014Representative

Thank you for your response and we apologize that you felt the process was lengthy. We do our very best to work with every candidates schedule, especially those that are working full-time, and the ... More

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

A 5 round interview process. Two managers, one regional manager, and one CSO. 3 were in person and two of the interviews were via web chat. Each interview had its own questions ranging from background to how you would be great in sales. The interview process taught me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • How are you better then the last candidate that we just hired right out of college?   Answer Question

May 12, 2014Representative

We appreciate your candid review and are glad to hear you learned a lot throughout the interview process. Best of luck to you!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!