Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward sales interview, I enjoyed it very much. Make sure you learn about them and like what you hear. They WANT you to do well in the interview, but simply want to be sure that you're sure. 1. Recruiter sent Linkedin message 2. Interview with hiring manager 3. Appointment setting- MUST set three appointments in three hours 4. Webcam interview with exec. 5. Offer emailed, drug screen, driving history, references called

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you leaving your employer? 2. Why do you want to work here? 3. [Ask for and respond to objections/hesistations] 4. You must CLOSE the "sale"- leave with the next step scheduled   2 Answers

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Pay is very competitive. Full benefits.

May 28, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview story!

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Went through a head hunter who contacted me. Brief phone screening to see if you would potentially be a good fit. Met with the branch manager who interviewed me for about an hour. Asked me to come back for a phone canvassing session. Came in at 8 and worked until 12. You need to get 3 confirmed appointments. Was able to accomplish this. Came back for an interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How are you different than other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to Paycom by recruiting agency. Process included phone screen, interview with Sales Manager, four hours cold calling, and a final interview with VP. They look for you to show resolve when cold calling, don't set down the phone and be ready to overcome a lot of objections.

Interview Questions

I gage the value a company places on their people by their willingness to negotiate an offer. I asked for an additional $3k and a fully paid phone (they only offer $25/month credit). Paycom was unwilling to negotiate anything. Additionally, I do not like the idea of using my own vehicle as transportation to/from appointments. I was initially prepared to except an offer, but the negotiation process was red flag. If a company won't fight to get you on their team than it isn't a place you should want to work.

Mar 30, 2015 – Representative

In order to remain fair, negotiating an increase in the base salary and certain perks are not part of our process. This ensures that everyone is treated the same, with fairness. We do have one of the ... More

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paycom (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was certainly intense and clear that Paycom is very specific about the type of people they hire. Must be very confident, professional, and have a great personality. Multiple rounds of interviews with the office manager and regional manager. Toughest part is the phone canvassing session in which you will need to set 3 appointments for other reps in a four hour period. Can definitely be accomplished, but will certainly test your skills on the phone and how you act under pressure. This is fun though because all the reps in the office are doing the same thing as you and supporting you the whole time. Just go in with confidence!

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk about your experiences and what has prepared you for a career in sales. They are very interested in why you answer questions a certain way as well, so know your answers well. They are also looking for you to close them in the interview. Never leave without setting up a clear next step or they may question your ability to close a sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paycom (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The process is pretty typical. You have a phone call from a recruiter, if you meet the qualifications and seem like a good fit you meet with the manager of the office you are interviewing for, then if they like you, you would come in for a phone canvassing session where you meet the team and try to set three appointments. If you make it past the phone canvassing session you interview with your regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is as advertised here on glassdoor, challenging and yet rewarding if you make it through like I did. They look for the best which is a big reason why the company is growing to what it is. I've heard a stat (not sure if its true or not) that they hire only 4% of all interviewing applicants for sales representatives which means they have a ton of people applying. And while a lot are probably applying with no chance at the job which helps that stat still there are tons of qualified applicants that get turned down because they cant make it through the gauntlet or do bad on making their appointments in the final interviewing process or various other reasons I'm sure. Overall it was very rewarding getting the job offer and I was very happy to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paycom (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiters walk you through the process as do the managers. It is easy to get hired if you have half a brain and you can convince people you are willing to work ridiculous hours and hit quotas no matter what it takes.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Ignore the recruiters and the managers because they are the ones that stand to make money if you get hired. Here is the deal. If you have a fluid life, and are willing to relocate thousands of miles away, feel free to work here. All reviews about crazy hours, no time off, but incredible compensation is true. However, do not plan to stay put in your current location. Once succeed for a few years you will be asked to relocate to manage an office. If you decline, your next option will be to travel for weeks/months on end to territories outside of your current state for sales work. If you refuse that, good luck keeping your job. People that do not move up to manager, and refuse to travel, will definately be let go. Don't believe me? Go on Linkedin and try to find sales reps or exec reps that remained employed in their original location for more than 5 years. 870 employees and you may find 1 or 2 existing exec reps that were not let go or did not move on. Why do they do this? Well to start, you make 50k. In a few years? 120k! Why pay someone triple the pay for cold calling and canvassing when you can use your world renowned training to get young employees up to speed quickly and pay 50k for similar results. It's all about profit margins people. If you are looking for job security, longevity in your current location, look elsewhere.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewing with Paycom was timely and efficient. I spoke to a recruiter by phone, and sent her my resume. She had me apply online, and then I was scheduled to interview with the Sales Manager the next week. From there I interviewed with the Regional Manager. The last step in the interview is the phone canvass session. I think it's great that phone-canvassing is apart of the interview, it gives people a sneak peak at what a job with Paycom would be like.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was probably phone canvass session just because it was not something I had ever done before. But they prep you, and it's more of a mental test seeing how you are able to adapt and roll with it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Jul 22, 2014 – Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.