Paycom

Updated Jan 26, 2015

3.4

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview was rescheduled the day of, but understood that things come up, so I rescheduled. We agree on a different time, and I arrived for an interview the following day with Nico Chiapara of the Los Angeles office. I saw Paycom's reputation manifest itself.

He kept me waiting over 30 minutes before I left. I might be entry level, but I understand professionalism, and I do not want to work for someone who does not have their act together. The fact that Nico Chiapara rescheduled then kept me waiting shows that: 1) He is unprofessional, considering I wasn't given a time frame when he would be available, and I wasn't greeted for that matter 2) He is disorganized. 3) That he has poor time management skills. I have interned at fortune 500 companies and was unimpressed, so I withdrew my application. This is a mid sized company, and I believe that this is not understandable for a company with as many resources as it does. I am a young professional and understands that these attributes are critical.

Here is the thing: I carved two days to fit around the interviews, do you think you're the only person who is busy? I am busy, and I can stick to a schedule.

I went into this knowing that this could be the case.

NOTE: Most of the positive reviews for this company are fake. In this case, unfortunately, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Made it to the preliminary first step in the process, had an online webcam interview. Was short and hiring manager seemed disinterested from the beginning.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

I first started interviewing in the Dallas office. The manager there was great but I found out that the Bedford office was closer so I talked to the recruiter I was dealing with and he got me an interview at the Fort Worth office without any issues. The manager at the FW office was great-they were professional and very respectful of my current job. The next step after the initial interview was a phone canvas session where you need to book three appointments. I did not have any issues with this as I have experience with outbound calls. Next was my video interview with the regional manager- Paycom was once again very sensitive to my schedule making arrangements to interview me at 6PM my time, (7PM where the regional manager was). After the video chat was a ridealong which seemed to me to be strictly an opportunity for the candidate to see if the company was a good fit for them. The sales rep I shadowed did very well and had excellent delivery.

Unfortunately at this point I decided to pursue a job in a different region of the country so the interview process stopped here for me. I would recommend looking into Paycom for anybody looking to excel in their sales career. I could not be any more impressed with the three managers I dealt with.

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

I got a phone call from the recruiter after I applied online and asked me a few questions then set up a meeting with the Sales Manager. He was uninviting and unprofessional from the start. He had a stack of resumes so it seemed like he was interviewing many people. His negative attitude of not wanting to be there in the interview and his pride was the biggest turn off. I felt like I was being attacked as opposed to trying to find out about the my qualifications. The position has been open for a very long time and is still open after I interviewed a while ago and with those stacks of resumes I can't imagine them all being unqualified, his negative mindset of not finding the right person to fill the position will produce that result, and he should know that in sales. I left upset and unheard and insulted.

Interview Questions
    • How many interviews have you gone on? How many of them did you get a second interview? which companies?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

4 Step interview process. Cold calling for 4 hours to set3 appointments after your initial interview with regional manager. Then webcam interview with director and CSO.

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you're not going to give up when it gets tough?   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for providing your insight.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

Interviewed and was then given a verbal offer for a position. Days later head recruiter calls and stated there was not a spot available for me and best of luck in my job search.

Had to travel twice to the office for an interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

First, there was a phone screening interview with normal questions such as "how did you hear about us", "why do you want to work here." Etc... Then there was an in person interview in their office. Their office was not as I expected and looked as if it was poorly maintained.

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for the feedback. Our offices across the country are in marquee office spaces, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom.

Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Sales Representative Interview

Not getting an offer from Paycom was a blessing in disguise; within 5 minutes into the interview I could tell I did not want to work for this company. My interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I could tell right off the bat she did not like me. If they treat you like this during an interview how are they going to treat you when you are an employee? She also did her very best to drive me into a corner while answering questions. I understand this is to see how people respond under pressure, but she was just rude. I see from other comments people have experienced the same problem, so I do not fault myself, I was prepared for the interview. The interviewer was not prepared to listen.

Interview Questions
    • None- general questions, tell me why you are interested in sales, your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Sales Representative Interview

The interview process I took part in was close to 8 weeks long. I had a first interview scheduled, and it was then rescheduled twice within the next 2 weeks. I finally received a first interview over 2 weeks later from when I was told they were interested in setting up a first interview. This was very unfortunate, because AFTER going through the entire phone canvassing and even NEXT interview process 2 weeks later, I was THEN told 1 week later that I would not be getting the offer (May I add that I even made the 3 appointment requirement). Very frustrating that I was led on throughout the whole process and it wasted 7 weeks of my time while I even have a full-time job.

Interview Questions
    • The phone canvassing part was the most difficult, but also gave you a great feeling of what the job is going to be like. Although, DO NOT give your hopes up even if you schedule the 3 minimal appointments.   Answer Question

May 12, 2014Representative

Thank you for your response and we apologize that you felt the process was lengthy. We do our very best to work with every candidates schedule, especially those that are working full-time, and the ... More