Paycom

74 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details – Two interviews. First interview was on the phone, asks very broad sales-type questions like "why would sales be a good fit for you". If the interview goes well, you get a second interview with a branch manager in person at the office. Interview is structured the same, asking questions that seek out high energy, socially ambitious and soon-to-be leaders.

Interview Question – Why are you pursuing a career in sales?   View Answer

Bloomington, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am 99% certain that this whole interview process is a scam. They first have you talk to a recruiter for a phone screen. The recruiter is awesome and helps you out through the entire interview process; giving you tips and advice to succeed. Then you meet with the office manager, then you do a web cam interview with the district manager. After that they have you come in for a phone canvassing session. This is where you get scammed for free labor. I went into the phone canvassing session. Your goal is to set 3 appointments for them and then you can move on. Well, while I was there I only set 2 appointments. But I talked with the other current sales reps at the office and only one of them set 3 appointments that day. And he was strutting around the office acting all proud he set 3. The other two reps only set 1 or 2 appointments. So after the phone canvassing session the manager told me that I didn't reach my goal of 3 appointments and would like me to come back in to give it another shot because he likes me. I told him that I think I did excellent considering I had such little knowledge and training for this canvassing session, and I still did just as well as two of his sales reps in the office. All he could say was that I didn't set 3 appointments. So, to conclude this review, this company is a scam. They interview people and bring them through the process so they come to the phone canvassing session and set appointments for the company. Then they are told they are not the right fit for the company and the manager keeps those appointments for his own sales. They are exploiting hard working candidates for free labor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Interview Question – This company is a scam. They tell you they have open sales positions but really they just want to bring you through the interview process and exploit your free labor during the phone canvassing session.   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

We are sorry you feel this way and assure you that the interview process is not a scam. This is the standard process that all hired sales reps at Paycom must go through. While it is a rigorous ... More

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Interviewed and was then given a verbal offer for a position. Days later head recruiter calls and stated there was not a spot available for me and best of luck in my job search.

Had to travel twice to the office for an interview

Interview Question – Are you a hunter?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – 4 Step interview process. Cold calling for 4 hours to set3 appointments after your initial interview with regional manager. Then webcam interview with director and CSO.

Interview Question – How do we know you're not going to give up when it gets tough?   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for providing your insight.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in February 2013.

Interview Details – Paycom has a long interview process. It is my understanding that they are trying to make sure that the company is a good fit for them and for you. My first interview was a phone screen with a recruiter I was working with. They told me the details of the position, comp plan, etc. I was excited to learn more about Paycom because it is a growing company and I wanted to get into outside sales. I then went to an in person interview with the hiring manager. We spent about 30 minutes discussing my background and more details about what I was looking for in a career. I was then moved on to the phone canvassing session. This is a 4 hour block of calling with the rest of the sales reps on the team. You are calling into prospects using other outsourcing companies. I really enjoyed spending time with the rest of the staff, but was not able to set appointments. I actually appreciated the session, as I realized that maybe I wasn't cut out for sales and had no desire to cold call in the future. Overall it was a great experience and I enjoyed my time in the interview process here. I believe that had I made it past the calling I would have had an interview with a vp, a ride along, and a web cam with the CSO.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

We greatly appreciate your feedback and are thankful that you have shared your experience. A profession in sales may not be in your future, but we hope you nothing but the best as you move forward in ... More

Tulsa, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – It was definitely a process!! There were a few steps and a final interview with the chief sales officer. I really enjoyed the chance to go out in the field with an experienced rep and see what it was all about. I think that is when I realized that this is where I want to be!

Interview Question – How would your last boss describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – First, there was a phone screening interview with normal questions such as "how did you hear about us", "why do you want to work here." Etc... Then there was an in person interview in their office. Their office was not as I expected and looked as if it was poorly maintained.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in sales.   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

Thank you for the feedback. Our offices across the country are in marquee office spaces, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Paycom in October 2012.

Interview Details – If you feel like the base salary is too good to be true… that’s because it is. I went to this interview, seemed like a shell of an office with not many people at all, just a big empty space. It was dull and depressing... You only need a 2.5gpa to get this job… if your desperate go for it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for paycom   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process is tough. Its a five step interview process and you need to be at your best every step of the way. Starts with a phone screen, then sales manager interview, followed by an interview with the regional manager. Next comes the toughest part which is the phone canvassing session where you need to set three appointments. Last step is an interview with an executive member of the company.

Interview Question – If you had a previous sales related position be prepared to answer tough questions regarding your performance if you weren't the top performer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate and they do like you to start rather quickly after accepting.