Paycom Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked to come in for a live interview 2 days later. Before the interview was over I was asked to come in for the phone canvassing 2 days later. They sent me a script and some other info to review. I took time off work as the phone canvassing session was to last the entire morning. The night before they called to cancel. Quite annoying considering it was they who were so insistent on moving me through the process as quickly as possible. I think it ended up being a blassing though. The managers seem pretty inexperienced and asked a lot of irrelevant questions. I'm also not convinced all the reviews on this site are true. There are way too many "perfect" reviews that sound like they were written by a marketing person.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask to much that would help them discern your level of sales skill. Most of it was just verifying the info in my resume.   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

We are sorry to hear your comments regarding the process. We were able to issue a gift card despite the cancellation and are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. Good luck to you.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Denver, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a 4 round interview process. 1st with the Denver office manager, 2nd with the regional manager, 3rd was an appointment setting session, and last was a final interview with the CSO.

The 1st interview went great! It was obvious that the sales manager was very passionate about Paycom and the future of the company. She seemed to have great interaction with the team and she was very cheerful. She made it very clear what she was looking for in a candidate and her expectations of a new hire.

The 2nd interview also went well. The regional manager was very nice and made me feel like I would be a great fit for the company.

The appointment setting session was very difficult, but it made me realize how exciting the job can be. It challenged me and made want to keep fighting through in order to set the appointments so I could make it to the next step.

Lastly, the interview with the CSO went okay. I don't think I delivered very well on my overall sales experience. He questioned me a lot about my reasons as to why I wanted to relocate to Denver.

I ended up getting asked to get more sales experience and come back and reapply to Paycom down the road. I was very disappointed, but I am confident I would have been a great fit for this company. The amount of pay is rediculous and I am planning on reapplying in another year or so!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the persons who was ranked #1 in your last position. What did he/she do that you didn't do?   Answer Question

Oct 29, 2013Representative

Thank you for the detailed report of your experience. We encourage you to get some valuable sales experience and look forward to seeing your resume next year.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL).

Interview

Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Questions

• Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2013Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty tedious, you will have a phone screen, then a 1st interview with the sales manager, if he or she 'likes' you then you will have a second interview with the regional manager... you will then be set up to do a cold calling blitz where you MUST set a minimum of 3 appointments. Last, you will interview with the CSO of the company via web cam - this is intimidating but he will base his decision mainly off of what the manager says about you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Very lengthy process but after meeting the other sales reps you understand why. They are very selective and want the cream of the crop.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is definitely challenging, but it helped me understand what to expect with this position. I talked with a corporate recruiter to learn about the opening, and she was very candid with me on what to expect. Looking back, I knew this wasn't going to be easy - but I am always up for a challenge. I met with the local sales manager, and I just knew her drive and passion for success was something I wanted to be apart of. She had talked to me about her success, but told me about the challenges that she and her teams have faced. I really appreciated what she was telling me. I came in for a 4-hour prospecting session and worked with her and the team to set the appointments. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but from the support of everyone in the office - I was able to accomplish it. The final interview was with the Regional Manager - he was very straight forward and asked great questions. I knew Paycom was where I wanted to be. I know that not every interview process is not like this, but I truly think if you are looking for a challenge - you have to check out Paycom.

Interview Questions

• It isn't any certain question they asked - you have to be prepared for the prospecting portion. Get with your recruiter and talk to the manager about how you can best prepare. I am definitely someone who doesn't back away from a challenge. If you are like that, apply at Paycom!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Paycom got me through the interview process quick, but I did not receive an offer. I thought I handled most of the questions fairly well but there were some very difficult questions. Everyone I met in the office seemed very young and driven. Everyone seemed really nice. A part of the interview process is what the call phone canvassing. I only set one appointment and this was tough was well. Great company but probably not the best fit for me at the time.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Two interviews. First interview was on the phone, asks very broad sales-type questions like "why would sales be a good fit for you". If the interview goes well, you get a second interview with a branch manager in person at the office. Interview is structured the same, asking questions that seek out high energy, socially ambitious and soon-to-be leaders.

Interview Questions

• Why are you pursuing a career in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am 99% certain that this whole interview process is a scam. They first have you talk to a recruiter for a phone screen. The recruiter is awesome and helps you out through the entire interview process; giving you tips and advice to succeed. Then you meet with the office manager, then you do a web cam interview with the district manager. After that they have you come in for a phone canvassing session. This is where you get scammed for free labor. I went into the phone canvassing session. Your goal is to set 3 appointments for them and then you can move on. Well, while I was there I only set 2 appointments. But I talked with the other current sales reps at the office and only one of them set 3 appointments that day. And he was strutting around the office acting all proud he set 3. The other two reps only set 1 or 2 appointments. So after the phone canvassing session the manager told me that I didn't reach my goal of 3 appointments and would like me to come back in to give it another shot because he likes me. I told him that I think I did excellent considering I had such little knowledge and training for this canvassing session, and I still did just as well as two of his sales reps in the office. All he could say was that I didn't set 3 appointments. So, to conclude this review, this company is a scam. They interview people and bring them through the process so they come to the phone canvassing session and set appointments for the company. Then they are told they are not the right fit for the company and the manager keeps those appointments for his own sales. They are exploiting hard working candidates for free labor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Interview Questions

• This company is a scam. They tell you they have open sales positions but really they just want to bring you through the interview process and exploit your free labor during the phone canvassing session.   Answer Question

Jun 26, 2013Representative

We are sorry you feel this way and assure you that the interview process is not a scam. This is the standard process that all hired sales reps at Paycom must go through. While it is a rigorous ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Interviewed and was then given a verbal offer for a position. Days later head recruiter calls and stated there was not a spot available for me and best of luck in my job search.

Had to travel twice to the office for an interview