Paycom

3.4

78 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Paycom in June 2012.

The corporate recruiter was great. Very helpful and prepped me for the interview pretty well. I had done my homework on the company and felt prepared going into it. Unfortunately I couldn't find the office and was ten minutes late (although I called ahead to alert the interviewer). The sales manager was professional but seemed eager to get me in and out as quick as possible. Typical questions (exception below) that you'd expect. Although I was told they'd get back to me within 24 hours, I wasn't contacted til 72 hours later.

Interview Questions
  • What other interviews have you been on and why do you think you didn't get those jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in March 2012.

Paycom offers a very thorough interview process consisting of 4 parts: sales manager, regional vp, phone canvassing session and chief sales officer. The process as a whole is challenging, however it is indicative of the culture of the office and nature of the business. The sales manager I interviewed with was extremely engaging and helpful throughout the entire interview process. We kept consistent communication and he coached me appropriately. I also kept in close contact with the HR representative in Oklahoma City who provided me with the necessary paper work and scripts for the interviews. I would recommend Paycom to all applicants who are serious about B2B sales and willing to put in the necessary work to be successful in their careers.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in June 2012.

Contacted by an outside group to interview 1:1 with the sales manager. Met with the sales manager, went fantastic and said he wanted to skip the 2nd interview, and was offered to come in for a phone canvassing session the following morning and was told we'd set up an interview the day after the canvassing. Received a 5 minute briefing on what to say and how to close, wasn't helpful at all, just made me sound like an automated machine. Made cold calls to un-interested business owners and gatekeepers for 4 hours. Goal was 3 appointments, I made 1 appointment. Was assured that this doesn't effect their decision making about you. I had to leave at exactly 12pm which I told him when I agreed to the phone canvassing session the previous day, because I had an appointment 45 minutes away at 1pm. Manager was on the phone when I left and haven't spoken with him since, despite being praised by the sales reps and told that he would follow up with me. I touched base with the HR person that I had been speaking with and she got me his e-mail to help try and contact him. Still haven't heard anything but received an e-mail from the HR department saying I didn't get the job.

Very unorganized, unprofessional, and the cold calling routine sucked. Also was supposed to be compensated $40 for the phone canvassing session, but I guarantee I will never it. Absolutely ridiculous that I put my neck on the line for them and threatened being late for my next appointment all because he liked me in the interview so much, yet two days later I'm given an automated 4 sentence e-mail saying no thanks. I definitely would not recommend wasting your time with this company, although the pay is good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in February 2012.

Received a call from a recruiter who looked at my resume and asked me if I was interested in the job. Went in for the first interview with the Sales Manager. Interview went well, lots of questions surrounding sales and the motivation behind sales. Make sure you know the STAR format. Went in for another interview with the Regional Sales Manager a week later. Similar questions and very short. I went in a few days later to make some calls (all cold calls), to see if I would like the job. If you have no problem of doing cold calls all day, then this is the job for you. Pay/Training is supposed to be very good!

Interview Questions

Making cold calls all day long (to clients who have been called on 100 times already) is not really for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

I was referred to Paycom from an external recruiter. After I wen through the initial screen I made it to a Skype interview with the branch manger. The manager was not only late but it ended being a phone interview. I made it through that and she said she wanted me to speak with the Regional Manger that afternoon.

The Regional interview was also via Skype, I wait for our appointed time and kept waiting, I had not heard anything from anyone at the company. I finally called the Paycom recruiter and she said he has messed up the time and asked for a reschedule later that day. I decline since I already had plans, she understood and asked if I made it thorough the next round how quickly could I get to Charlotte (I'm based out of AL). After looking into it it was going to cost an exorbitant amount of money (which they would not reimburse me for).

The morning of the Regional Skype interview I did not heard from anyone again. I called and email the company recruiter with no answer until almost 3 hours later.

At this point I withdrew my self from the process to pursue other options. I received a call from the regional manger that night (8pm) asking for another chance.

The next morning I called him back, I was inclined to accept his request because of his extenuating circumstances. He requested another Skpye interview within 30 minutes.

He was so rude and did everything possible to make me fail at the interview. He asked "what something you recently over came"? I told him my finance class and them a few minutes later he asked me to tech him a finance theory. Not only does it not pertain to the position but the way he asked me was just absoutly rude.

They have no respect for you time or you as a person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

I got the phone interview through a recruiter. The phone interview was pretty easy and I asked if I could have the opportunity to interview face to face. The 1:1 interview lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked general questions about my experience and then asked to pick from a group of adjectives of which one describes me the best. After the 1:1 I was asked to have a webcam interview with the district manager. I thought I sold myself pretty well and would have made a nice addition to the small office but I was told days later that they were not going forward with the interview process. I wasn't really sure what they were looking for or why they decided I wasn't a good fit. The recruiter tried to get feedback on why I wasn't chosen to move on but received no response. The interview process is excessively drawn out and not receiving an offer after three interviews and my references being called upon was disappointing. The entire office was women, not one man, which I found odd. Oh well, I hope they find what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Were do you rank among the sales reps in your current company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in April 2011.

Received a call from a pay com recruiter in another state. She set up an interview with Paycom atlanta office. The hiring manager came late to our meeting and seemed uninterested walking through the door as if she had better things to do. Be prepared to do some cold calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in October 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter out of Oklahoma City, from there she set me up with a one on one interview with the Denver Sales Manager. That went well! he's a very friendly and energetic guy! I was called back for a web cam interview with a regional sales manager just 2 days later (she too was a very friendly and made the interview a whole lot less stressful). So far that's where my process stands and I have nothing but good things to say about the entire process so far!

Interview Questions
    • What made you the successful salesman in your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Paycom in September 2011.

It was very direct interview that was short and only consisted of four questions. First my interviewer was late, then she didn't ask too many questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in June 2011.

I got called from a staff firm and was enticed by the money. Met with the sales manager in Bedford, truly a nice guy. I was asked to participate in a phone canvassing session. I only made one appointment. He told me he would get back to me in a few days, but I never got so much as a phone call or an email from the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is a sales experience you learned something from?   Answer Question