Paycom

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Made it to the preliminary first step in the process, had an online webcam interview. Was short and hiring manager seemed disinterested from the beginning.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in July 2012.

I applied through career builder. My resume ended up being a good match, so I was contacted by a recruiter and given a phone screening. The phone interview went great and I had really high hopes for the next stage of interviewing with a sales manager. That was, however, until I got there.

First of all, I walked into a little office jam packed with cubicles where people were yammering away on the phones. I was a little deterred, but I knew what the job required so I decided to stick it out and see what the manager had to say. I ended up meeting with the regional sales manager who was lounging back in his chair in the conference room. The interview was pretty typical except for the fact that whenever I would be answering the question he would yawn and/or be messing around on his phone. Everytime he did this I stopped talking until I had his attention. It made it very difficult to focus on answering the questions and it was extremely rude/distracting.

As soon as it was done, I couldn't wait to get out of that building. I realized that I never want to work for a company where the "big shot" sales managers had such disregard and disrespect for a potential employee. After reading some of these reviews, it appears this tends to happen all over the nation... Interesting coincidence.

Interview Questions
    • You are a recruiter for a college football program (in this case UT since I went there). How would you entice a top prospect, high school quarterback to come play for your school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in July 2012.

long and drawn out

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to do if not hired here. I dont understand why that woudh matter to you   View Answer

The atmosphere of the office is terrible, very few people does not seem promising. Very high turnover in this company

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in June 2012.

Contacted by an outside group to interview 1:1 with the sales manager. Met with the sales manager, went fantastic and said he wanted to skip the 2nd interview, and was offered to come in for a phone canvassing session the following morning and was told we'd set up an interview the day after the canvassing. Received a 5 minute briefing on what to say and how to close, wasn't helpful at all, just made me sound like an automated machine. Made cold calls to un-interested business owners and gatekeepers for 4 hours. Goal was 3 appointments, I made 1 appointment. Was assured that this doesn't effect their decision making about you. I had to leave at exactly 12pm which I told him when I agreed to the phone canvassing session the previous day, because I had an appointment 45 minutes away at 1pm. Manager was on the phone when I left and haven't spoken with him since, despite being praised by the sales reps and told that he would follow up with me. I touched base with the HR person that I had been speaking with and she got me his e-mail to help try and contact him. Still haven't heard anything but received an e-mail from the HR department saying I didn't get the job.

Very unorganized, unprofessional, and the cold calling routine sucked. Also was supposed to be compensated $40 for the phone canvassing session, but I guarantee I will never it. Absolutely ridiculous that I put my neck on the line for them and threatened being late for my next appointment all because he liked me in the interview so much, yet two days later I'm given an automated 4 sentence e-mail saying no thanks. I definitely would not recommend wasting your time with this company, although the pay is good.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom in June 2012.

The corporate recruiter was great. Very helpful and prepped me for the interview pretty well. I had done my homework on the company and felt prepared going into it. Unfortunately I couldn't find the office and was ten minutes late (although I called ahead to alert the interviewer). The sales manager was professional but seemed eager to get me in and out as quick as possible. Typical questions (exception below) that you'd expect. Although I was told they'd get back to me within 24 hours, I wasn't contacted til 72 hours later.

Interview Questions
    • What other interviews have you been on and why do you think you didn't get those jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom in May 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job in VA looking for sales people. I had prior sales experience and thought it would be a good fit. I was scheduled for a phone interview, but was never contacted. Then they called and appolgized and wanted to schudle me for a face to face which I thought was odd. The face to face interview was just as bad. The office is empty and the hiring manager didnt even get my name right. The manager didnt pay attention to any of my answers and was looking at his phone the entire time. He seemed to be making up questions as we went along. The only good thing is that they got back to me the very next day and said they were going in another direction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Paycom in April 2012.

This begins with a first round screening of the office manager. Then you will cold call for them for 4 hours if the manager likes you. If you set about 3 appointments, they will let you interview with the Chief Operator of Sales. From there, if you pass that interview, you will have a bunch of background checks run on you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in March 2012.

Paycom offers a very thorough interview process consisting of 4 parts: sales manager, regional vp, phone canvassing session and chief sales officer. The process as a whole is challenging, however it is indicative of the culture of the office and nature of the business. The sales manager I interviewed with was extremely engaging and helpful throughout the entire interview process. We kept consistent communication and he coached me appropriately. I also kept in close contact with the HR representative in Oklahoma City who provided me with the necessary paper work and scripts for the interviews. I would recommend Paycom to all applicants who are serious about B2B sales and willing to put in the necessary work to be successful in their careers.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2012.

Received a call from a recruiter who looked at my resume and asked me if I was interested in the job. Went in for the first interview with the Sales Manager. Interview went well, lots of questions surrounding sales and the motivation behind sales. Make sure you know the STAR format. Went in for another interview with the Regional Sales Manager a week later. Similar questions and very short. I went in a few days later to make some calls (all cold calls), to see if I would like the job. If you have no problem of doing cold calls all day, then this is the job for you. Pay/Training is supposed to be very good!

Interview Questions

Making cold calls all day long (to clients who have been called on 100 times already) is not really for me.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

I got the phone interview through a recruiter. The phone interview was pretty easy and I asked if I could have the opportunity to interview face to face. The 1:1 interview lasted about 20 minutes, I was asked general questions about my experience and then asked to pick from a group of adjectives of which one describes me the best. After the 1:1 I was asked to have a webcam interview with the district manager. I thought I sold myself pretty well and would have made a nice addition to the small office but I was told days later that they were not going forward with the interview process. I wasn't really sure what they were looking for or why they decided I wasn't a good fit. The recruiter tried to get feedback on why I wasn't chosen to move on but received no response. The interview process is excessively drawn out and not receiving an offer after three interviews and my references being called upon was disappointing. The entire office was women, not one man, which I found odd. Oh well, I hope they find what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Were do you rank among the sales reps in your current company?   View Answer