Paycom

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter after meeting him on campus. He set me up to come in and meet with the IT director. That interview went well so I had the chance to speak with the CIO. Both of the interviews were comfortable. They focused on the technical side of things and asked some behavorial questions.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Norman, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Interview Details – Difference between Class and Id?
Alignment of Div tags?
Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Question – Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Applied through Career fair. Took about two weeks to get a call for campus interview. Campus interview was on time. I was basically asked to define few concepts of OOP like the definition of OOP, encapsulation, public private and protected methods, etc. Questions based on resume. And detailed questions on SQL were you will be asked to write queries also. Few behavioral questions as well. Still waiting to know the resut

Interview Question – Basic programming and sql concepts   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Question – I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. I received a phone call from the recruiter around a week or two later. He called unannounced and out of the blue and started asking some questions. Nothing difficult. Just some basic stuff from my resume. He scheduled the first in-person interview which was about a week later. He gave me instructions on how to dress, what to say at the front desk, and what to bring.

The day of the interview came and I talked with two people from the development team. They were very friendly and asked about my past work and technical experience. It lasted around 15 to 20 minutes in total.

The recruiter called again to schedule the next interview which was with the CEO. It was about a week apart from the last interview.

The recruiter called about an hour before the interview with the CEO just to inform me to be formally dressed and have a copy of my resume. The interview with the CEO was really short. Around 5-6 minutes. He just asked a few questions and talked a little bit. After that the interview was over.

The place was a large office building with elevators and conference rooms. The people were all pretty much formally dressed.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a large challenging project in your academic life or career.   View Answer
  • What is your greatest achievement?   View Answer
  • Who is your role model and why?   View Answer
  • Why are you interested in working with us?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Paycom

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paycom employees and interview candidates.