Paycom Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Recruiter contacted me to apply on their website. Called in for interview. Showed up on site to have a 1 on 1 interview. Basic questions of my personality and thoughts on different languages and development enviroments. Asked basic fundamental questions of programming nothing that was too tedious or challenging.

Interview Questions

• What programming language to you believe will outlast the others?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

One phone screening, this is straight forward, behavior and guestimating your amount of skill level with coding. Next will be an interview. Then another, then finally one last interview. Overall, the process is not hard.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied through Career fair. Took about two weeks to get a call for campus interview. Campus interview was on time. I was basically asked to define few concepts of OOP like the definition of OOP, encapsulation, public private and protected methods, etc. Questions based on resume. And detailed questions on SQL were you will be asked to write queries also. Few behavioral questions as well. Still waiting to know the resut

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom (Norman, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Difference between Class and Id?
    Alignment of Div tags?
    Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
    find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Questions

• Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Questions

• I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
    The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
    First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call from the recruiter around a week or two later. He called unannounced and out of the blue and started asking some questions. Nothing difficult. Just some basic stuff from my resume. He scheduled the first in-person interview which was about a week later. He gave me instructions on how to dress, what to say at the front desk, and what to bring.

The day of the interview came and I talked with two people from the development team. They were very friendly and asked about my past work and technical experience. It lasted around 15 to 20 minutes in total.

The recruiter called again to schedule the next interview which was with the CEO. It was about a week apart from the last interview.

The recruiter called about an hour before the interview with the CEO just to inform me to be formally dressed and have a copy of my resume. The interview with the CEO was really short. Around 5-6 minutes. He just asked a few questions and talked a little bit. After that the interview was over.

The place was a large office building with elevators and conference rooms. The people were all pretty much formally dressed.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a large challenging project in your academic life or career.   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer
    • Who is your role model and why?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in working with us?   1 Answer