Paycom

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question
I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.

Other Interview Reviews for Paycom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Difference between Class and Id?
    Alignment of Div tags?
    Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
    find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Questions
    • Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Applied through Career fair. Took about two weeks to get a call for campus interview. Campus interview was on time. I was basically asked to define few concepts of OOP like the definition of OOP, encapsulation, public private and protected methods, etc. Questions based on resume. And detailed questions on SQL were you will be asked to write queries also. Few behavioral questions as well. Still waiting to know the resut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
    The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
    First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in December 2011.

I applied online. I received a phone call from the recruiter around a week or two later. He called unannounced and out of the blue and started asking some questions. Nothing difficult. Just some basic stuff from my resume. He scheduled the first in-person interview which was about a week later. He gave me instructions on how to dress, what to say at the front desk, and what to bring.

The day of the interview came and I talked with two people from the development team. They were very friendly and asked about my past work and technical experience. It lasted around 15 to 20 minutes in total.

The recruiter called again to schedule the next interview which was with the CEO. It was about a week apart from the last interview.

The recruiter called about an hour before the interview with the CEO just to inform me to be formally dressed and have a copy of my resume. The interview with the CEO was really short. Around 5-6 minutes. He just asked a few questions and talked a little bit. After that the interview was over.

The place was a large office building with elevators and conference rooms. The people were all pretty much formally dressed.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a large challenging project in your academic life or career.   View Answer
    • What is your greatest achievement?   View Answer
    • Who is your role model and why?   View Answer
    • Why are you interested in working with us?   View Answer