Payless ShoeSource

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Hiring process is pretty easy. You get called in for an interview with store manager, if you are a good potential you get scheduled for a 2nd interview. The most successful candidate is called back and an offer is made.

Sales Associate Interview

fast, got hired within the same day. i actually walked in. i did not apply yet he just started to interview me and told me to go online and apply then call when done and thats it

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

went in for first interview was asked about previous job experience, asked about myself and availability then got a call later that day to set up for a second interview, went in for that basically went over the same things was offered the position right on the spot. just be yourself

didn't negotiate

Store Leader (Manager) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

The initial interview was with the group leader. It was very thorough and very encouraging. I felt like it was a good company to work for. The second interview was with the DM and it was the complete opposite. It was informal. It was very brief maybe 10 minutes. Afterwards he told me he would call me with an offer after the weekend and when i would start. Well that weekend was about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about up selling or convincing the customer to add on additional items?   Answer Question
    There was none. They told me what they could offer and it was take it or leave it.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource in November 2014.

Hiring manager was very nice and professional. The manager had me "sell her" shoes. I told her about my qualifications and availability. The interview was is the back room, after that she went over the dress code, I have a second interview next week.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time that you helped someone make an important decision.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource in November 2014.

The application process was fairly easy, the interview lasted about a complete hour. I was asked basic questions about work history and comfortably talking with customers, and also asked to role play a selling scenario. the interview was fairly simple, but also nerve wrecking for someone with no retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • "how would you sell an item to a guest who said they are just looking?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource in November 2014.

Applied online on November 5th, got a phone call on the 7th for an interview the next day. The manager did the interview, was nice and polite. Asked basic interview questions like why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, availability, strengths/weaknesses, what was most frustrating about past employment. I did read other reviews on glassdoor and expected the sell a shoe to me question, but she threw a curve ball and said to sell a highlighter to her. Overall good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Minimum wage for essentially operating the whole store, which included receiving shipments, front desk, keeping store tidy, and opening/closing

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

I had an interview scheduled at one location and when I got there the interviewer was not there. I had to come back the next day because he had forgotten about the interview. When I got to talk to him in person he told me that this was his fist time interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate when they ask me what my worst quality is or the thing I need to work on the most.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

The hiring and interview process was not extremely difficult if you are promoted from within. You are asked the expected questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, in 10 years. How do you handle stress, how much do you expect to be paid. All of the answers you give are based on past experiences including both work or outside of work, for example school, volunteer work, or recreational activities.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question i had was how much do i expect to get paid. In the ed, negotiation really did work for me.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

I filled out an application online and got a phone call a few hours later to schedule an in-store interview later that week. The interview process was pretty laid back, asked standard questions about team work, how I handle stressful situations etc...
    Right after the interview she told me she really liked me and she called the store manager of another Payless in town to set up my second interview. That went well as well and I was told to expect a call from the DL, which I am still waiting for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role-play. The assistant manager of the store played the role of a customer looking for wedding shoes.   Answer Question