Payless ShoeSource Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.3

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

First you will have to fill out an application online and they will review it. You should go in and follow up because they have a lot of people applying, they will ask your name and see if you qualify for interview and if you do , you're in luck. if not then try applying again and pay close attention to the questions

Other Interview Reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

I walked into the store to drop off my resume and was told to apply online. I did and then i got a call about 3 days later and was told to come in for an interview 5 days from the call. I went in the day of the interview and was asked questions such as, what was a mistake and how did you overcome, or whats your greatest weakness, some stuff about my past work experience. Then the store manage made me role play selling shoes to the her , which i highly recommend practicing for. The store manage said i was smooth so i'll tell you what i did. I greeted the customer and offered assistance " Hey, Good Afternoon, is there anything i can help you with?" Then she gave me a scenario which was, i'm looking for some brown shoes for my husband, he wears size 9. Whatever the scenario is, just pick two or three different styles. Like this brown shoe can be for casual and business situations, or this shoe has a classy feel to it. After she says okay i'll choose this one, try offering her some socks or accessories that can go with the shoe. After everything, offer to take her to the counter and it looks better the more items you offer to the "customer". Relax, cause the manager probably understands if you can't do it perfectly especially if its your first job. After that i was told to wait for a call for the a second interview. Haven't gotten a call yet, it'll be a week after tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest mistake? It just really through me off. You should prepare for that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource in May 2014.

Went through a first interview. It was great and the manager was really sweet. We hit it off. She got myself and three others in a week later for a second interview with the District Manager. That one did not go so well. He was a little...well, he didn't like the fact that I had no retail experience.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if the manager had gone over daily schedule with me and when I answered, I was given 'well that's different' in response. Huh? I answered the question!   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

I had to do two interviews. One with the manager of the store ad then another with him & some other guy. The questions were pretty basic, like why do you want to work here and availability. I also had to take a drug test.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Very basic stuff. Tell about yourself. Previous experience. sell a shoe to them. why are you a good fit. ect.

This is what we offer. take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

I called, asked about the status of my application, and after a few basic questions she asked me to come in for an interview around a week later. Came in, got there a little early, and she asked me very standard questions. Honestly most of the interview was more of a conversation based off of the questions that she let me ask. Then she asked me to mock sell her something. At the end she said I did great and wanted to set up a second interview that still has not happened yet.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to sell her something - I had no retail experience so it was a little scary but went fine.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

organized, drug test mandated, took long to hear back

Sales Associate Interview

Applied online and received a call a week later to set up an interview the following thursday. Interview went well not any hard questions. Received another call after to set up an interview with DM the following day. It was very easy going with her. Received a call a week later saying i had the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hazleton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazleton, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Payless ShoeSource in September 2013.

I applied online and got a call to go in for an interview. The associates were very nice and told me not to be nervous. The store manager asked me a few simple questions and was very friendly. After the questions, she took me to a quiet part of the store for me to "sell" her a pair of shoes. I had a second interview with the district manager, and he asked me the same questions, but there was no "selling" part. I didn't hear back after that, but I think I didn't come off as personable as I was trying to.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got a call back four days later. I came in and had a really chill interview with a younger girl. She asked me about what was in fashion at the moment, what trends I liked, and then we went out of the office and she asked me to try to sell her a shoe. After my pitch she gave me some examples of how to close the deal with customers. After that, she asked if I could do a second interview at another location since hers was already filled.

Interview Questions
    • How would you seal the deal with a customer that didn't seem interested at all?   Answer Question

Worked for Payless ShoeSource? Contribute to the Community!