Payless ShoeSource Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me about three days after i sent in an online application. I met up with the manager for an interview and she was very friendly and laidback. I had to role play as a sales associate and she was the customer looking lost. I had to just go up to her and help her find what she was looking for. Everything took about 20 minutes. Flexible hours and schedule pretty laidback dress code and lots of oppertunity for advancemnt. She had another interview later that day and said shed call me within the week. However I got a call later that day asking me to come in for my second interview with the district manager i guess her second interview was bad. I'm not interested in the job for the sole fact that they start out at 8.00/hour. Even though she told me i could advance in 90 days i can do better with my time and experience. It seems like a very good job for a highschool student or someone whose never had a job before. She seemed rather shocked and impressed when i brought my resume with my retail experience and i got the impression that she is not use to hiring people with lots of experience which may be why they pay barely above minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer
  • Explain a time you had a lot of responsibilities at one time and how did you manage it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Payless ShoeSource

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource in July 2015.

Interview

Two girls interviewed me and it was easier than I thought! They made me laugh and I was really comfortable with them, it calmed my nerves down after meeting them. Also then did a role play where I had to sell one of them something from the rack they provided.

Interview Questions

• when's the last time someone or something caused you stressed?   Answer Question
    • when's the last time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question
    • when's the last time you helped someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

You will be asked to specially relate back to certain events in your work history and are expected to do a role play. It can be pretty difficult, but they will give you time to answer all the questions. There are only 5 so choose wisely. I'm actually a manager and these are the questions that we all have to ask in an interview. Be as prepared as you can!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer make a decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone cause you stress.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had multiple demands.   Answer Question
    • Describe one of the most successful teams you've been on.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Interview

I got a call for an interview about a week after applying. She asked the typical 'name a time when' questions. I hate those and don't have work experience so they're hard to answer for me. She asked about my availability, willing to relocate, and future plans. I have no priorities so I thought I'd be a good fit. It didn't last too long and they didn't seem too excited by me. Hopefully I will get better with time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took charge of a group and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Interview

You apply online, no survey or anything just a regular application. They took a while to call me back, but when they did I had one interview and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good sales person or have any customer service experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and went into the store to follow up about my application. Spoke with the Store Manager, who later set me up for an interview. The interview consisted of me going out on the sales floor and actually assisting a customer. It was all about greeting and making sure you tell them about promotions/ sales in the store.The interview process was overall very easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Interview

After submitting an application I was called to the store for an interview. The manager was very professional and after the interview I was asked to complete an assesment test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. It was my first job after high school so I didn't have any experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

fast, got hired within the same day. i actually walked in. i did not apply yet he just started to interview me and told me to go online and apply then call when done and thats it

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

First you will have to fill out an application online and they will review it. You should go in and follow up because they have a lot of people applying, they will ask your name and see if you qualify for interview and if you do , you're in luck. if not then try applying again and pay close attention to the questions

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Payless ShoeSource.

Interview

I walked into the store to drop off my resume and was told to apply online. I did and then i got a call about 3 days later and was told to come in for an interview 5 days from the call. I went in the day of the interview and was asked questions such as, what was a mistake and how did you overcome, or whats your greatest weakness, some stuff about my past work experience. Then the store manage made me role play selling shoes to the her , which i highly recommend practicing for. The store manage said i was smooth so i'll tell you what i did. I greeted the customer and offered assistance " Hey, Good Afternoon, is there anything i can help you with?" Then she gave me a scenario which was, i'm looking for some brown shoes for my husband, he wears size 9. Whatever the scenario is, just pick two or three different styles. Like this brown shoe can be for casual and business situations, or this shoe has a classy feel to it. After she says okay i'll choose this one, try offering her some socks or accessories that can go with the shoe. After everything, offer to take her to the counter and it looks better the more items you offer to the "customer". Relax, cause the manager probably understands if you can't do it perfectly especially if its your first job. After that i was told to wait for a call for the a second interview. Haven't gotten a call yet, it'll be a week after tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest mistake? It just really through me off. You should prepare for that.   Answer Question